Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #31
TRUBLU4DS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No legend, he has to keep living his life as plenty of people do after having
serious injuries just like the Indy driver a few years back ( cant remember is name )

Last edited by TRUBLU4DS; 12-03-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #32
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I never liked him on sunrise, but when I found out he raced Brutes (at the time) I decided I liked him, But He's still got little man syndrome.

Good on him for getting back behind the wheel, he is a good steerer.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:38 PM   #33
Jondalar
Formely FG G6E Turbo

He's got guts, but if I were in his situation I'd be being very careful I didn't lose the use of my legs permanently. he can't have fully recovered yet so to my mind the risk of further injury has to be greater. His choice though.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:48 PM   #34
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Legend No.... Fool No....

I see him more as a bloke who has bravely gone back to what he loves doing after his accident last year! (This is what the Aussie spirit is afterall!. Right?)
Old 12-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #35
jcxr
Tribal Elder

I think the little fella just works to support his automotive habit, a bit like all of us. Not a big fan of him, but hey, we would all love to be in his boots, albeit small ones.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #36
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Legend No.... Fool No....

I see him more as a bloke who has bravely gone back to what he loves doing after his accident last year! (This is what the Aussie spirit is afterall!. Right?)
Yep that is about it exactly. If he was not the weather boy on channel 7 he would just be one of the many "also ran" racers that didn't quite make the big time and then went on a different path and had an oops.
There are lots of MX racers, roadbike racers, powerboat racers, horse riders, mountain bikies etc etc who have suffered similar events but as they had no public profile no one noticed.

This morning channel 9 had an important story that Paris Hilton has a new man and this time it is true LUV (last time it was PAL or Meatybites I think), Legend or Fool?
Old 12-03-2009, 02:17 PM   #37
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
This morning channel 9 had an important story that Paris Hilton has a new man and this time it is true LUV (last time it was PAL or Meatybites I think), Legend or Fool?
Personally I prefer Grant over Eddie McGuire any day ( as a host that is!) and say good luck to him for getting back behind the wheel!

Last edited by plext; 12-03-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #38
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
i think he kinda has no choice really .
the guy was facing life in a wheel chair 12 months ago. on he's intervies . he was very concerned about losing his career . which is almost as important as walking.
he was worried about no tv appearances . his job etc etc .
he is young , and the careers he has chosen , pay his bills .
i'm happy for him , it's not just about getting in a car for him . as elated as anyone would be . he is back on track with his work.
Agreed, top post.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 12-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #39
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Closed Thread