Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 26-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #31
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed

All this, 'I slow down when I see someone in a rush so I can hold them up' is a real sign of the selfishness running through this country, the whole 'If im not allowed to speed, well then I wont let anyone else' attitude reminds me when in 1998 my wife and I were rushing our daughter to hospital as she couldnt breath after a bee sting. Drivers could see I was in a hurry and I needed to pass, but they all took some form of tall poppy glee in denying me the courtesy of letting me rush ahead.

That is what ambulances are for. Not only can an ambulance get someone to hospital quickly if required, but because they have the safety devices and training to do so, they minimise the risk to the patient, family and other road users. They also rarely have to because they have the skills and equipment to prevent the condition from becoming life threatening or reverse it if it already is. For example, had a paramedic been called he would have administered adrenaline which would stop the anaphylaxis.

Rushing to hospital is not reason to speed, it is not safe as you're distracted, full of adrenaline and not adequately equiped nor trained to do so safely. The average code 1 response time for all metro ambulance services in australia is under 9 mins, that is more than enough time for a good outcome even in severe allergic responses. You are lucky the police did not catch you, most will get you to hospital and then give you a ticket, medical emergency is not a defence. What would you have done if your child stopped breathing, you can't give mouth to mouth because you are too busy driving. If you had your wife with you I bet she could not either as mouth to mouth is very difficult to do effectively in a moving vehicle. I am sorry, but it was a bad choice, next time call an ambulance.

The only exception is in rural areas where ambulances may be unavailable or too far away.

Rant over!
Old 26-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #32
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flail
I've gotta drop kids off mate, not much I can do. They do it in the arvo as well, all over perth (albeit not as bad as my locals)

Just makes me mad, there is no reason for them to stop traffic to let adults cross, apart from making them feel useful at everyone else's expense.
Except that if they did not stop the traffic and forced the adult to cross by themselves, they would be the first to cop a law suit if that adult was injured.
Old 26-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #33
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All for a 40K zone at schools, even fenced ones, well worth it. wait until you nearly hit a small girl who chases the ball onto the road without thought ( yes fenced but they hurdle that just trying to get the ball ) crossed the car up in a split second and then flipped the wheel around the other way to sort of flick around her. in a sideways loop all while i could see this little girl inches from the front left.

car was seriously thrown around and me, to miss her and luck had it that i did, but yes it happens in a split second. very scary stuff when it happens but you don't think at the time just react, not sure i could even sleep well even knowing it was an accident if it was worse.
Old 26-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #34
oceanwave54
Ego driven XR6

Quote:
All this, 'I slow down when I see someone in a rush so I can hold them up' is a real sign of the selfishness running through this country, the whole 'If im not allowed to speed, well then I wont let anyone else'
Well think of it this way, I'm slowing right down while your tailgating me so you get the message, that if I hit the brakes (especially in a school zone with kids running around), you wont run straight up the back of me.

And yes, I'm slowly on the anchors if you're right up me, how else is the message going to be conveyed? Not with any damage of my vehicle, that's for sure.

Quote:
reminds me when in 1998 my wife and I were rushing our daughter to hospital as she couldnt breath after a bee sting. Drivers could see I was in a hurry and I needed to pass, but they all took some form of tall poppy glee in denying me the courtesy of letting me rush ahead.
+2 for the argument that, that is what ambulances are for. When you're in your car in that situation, other drivers don't know wether you're a speed freak darting in between lanes about to cause a loss of life, or a concerned family member trying to save one. Different story when it's an ambulance coming through.
2007 BF MkII XR6 Upgrade Ego
Old 26-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #35
Flail
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Except that if they did not stop the traffic and forced the adult to cross by themselves, they would be the first to cop a law suit if that adult was injured.
Fair enough, although I've got to say any supposed adult that couldn't cross the road by their self shouldn't be out in public in the first place.

Personally i just cross the damn road rather than be babied across like a child, you should see the filthy looks I get from the guards too. They just ache to blow that whistle.

EDIT: A bit tounge in cheek but I'd have say that anyone who would sue a crossing guard after injuring themselves is helping to bring about the nanny state and should be shot/take a teaspoon of concrete.
Old 26-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #36
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

It is not the attendants job to decide, just to do their job with due dilligence
Old 26-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #37
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by barraba182
Well think of it this way, I'm slowing right down while your tailgating me so you get the message, that if I hit the brakes (especially in a school zone with kids running around), you wont run straight up the back of me.

And yes, I do it.

+2 for the argument that, that is what ambulances are for. When you're in your car in that situation, other drivers don't know wether you're a speed freak darting in between lanes about to cause a loss of life, or a concerned family member trying to save one. Different story when it's an ambulance coming through.
you live in sydney, you honestly think an ambulance can go to your house and back quicker than you can drive.
no one care's about sirens and flashy light's if you havent noticed

ps: this is not directed at you just general obsevation.
Old 26-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #38
fordboy1981

I don't pay any attention to it. It's not my place to dictate what someone else does with their time, that's for the well trained and qualified Police man and woman to take care of.

I've heard puzzles can be a good hobby, certainly occupies the mind.
Old 26-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #39
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

HAVEN'T NOTICED IT ACTUALLY IN 40 ZONES.

MAYBE BECAUSE i SLAM ON THE BRAKES AT THE 40 sign especially if they have been tailgating me beforehand. Their problem if they hit me and better than hitting a kid.

Maybe they will learn not to do it again elsewhere as well? I never do it so hard it would cause an accident. Many millions of kilometres of driving prove that. Just gives them a message.

I find the ZF Turbo excellent for communication to tailgaters. As soon as the speed sign goes up I gun it to the new speed and then hit the EXCELLENT cruise control at the correct speed or 1 or 2 over.

Some morons don't get it and speed to catch up and tailgate again but they get the message later generally at the next speed reduction sign.

On freeways the worst tailgaters to me are Hilux Ute drivers. I suspect it is because they are so underpowered they like to wind them up and lose track of what speed they are actually doing.

Never noticed such a problem with powerful cars following me.

SLOW DOWN AROUND 40 zones
Old 26-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #40
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
you live in sydney, you honestly think an ambulance can go to your house and back quicker than you can drive.
no one care's about sirens and flashy light's if you havent noticed

ps: this is not directed at you just general obsevation.

Ok, going to tell you a little story and see if it makes sense.

I was on shift and recieved a lights and sirens job to a major road for a patient fitting. We got to the intersection and there was no car, we then got an update with a new intersection so we proceeded. On our way there at considerable speed, but safely (not much traffic but it was night), we recieved another update with a new intersection. This is when it clicked that they were in the car moving. We got the call taker to instruct the caller to pull over and wait. By the time we caught them, we had been on case for 15 mins, the patient was still fitting and was very hypoxic (lack of oxygen). Within minutes we stopped the seizure with midazolam and had reversed the hypoxia by ventilating them. The outcome was good and the patient survived, with no ill effects.

The thing is that the distance that the car had covered, in the amount of time they did, they would have been doing well over 100km/h in predominately 60 zones. Do you think that is safe, considering some of it was built up areas with cafes and bars? A pedestrian could have stepped out and been hit by a speeding car with someone fitting inside.

The other important fact is we were on the initial scene within 4 mins from call recieved, we could have stopped the seizure within 6 mins instead 17-18. Had they not stopped, we would not have caught them and the outcome may have been a lot worse.

I guarantee you an ambulance can get to hospital faster than you can, while still offering safety for all. The biggest point is a vast mojority of the times we do not need to go to hospital quickly as we have a vast array of life saving skills that negates the need. In 5 years and thousands of lights and sirens call outs, I have gone lights and siren to hospital perhaps 30 times, what does that tell you? Like I said the national average is under 9mins for code 1 response.

But then, what would I know?
Old 26-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #41
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flail
I've got a big problem with the guards at the "children crossing" right near my home (farrington rd perth)...

They stop me from getting to work on time to let not only the TEENAGERS cross, which is retarded but ok that's why they are there... But then they stop traffic to let goddamn 20/30/40/50 YEAR OLDS cross the road! I can't always stop myself from abusing the out of them, and the "adult" going past.. god save me from old heros with flags..
:

You do realise that it is a *pedestrian* crossing don't you? The crossing guard is there to try and help the flow of traffic so that it's not dribs and drabs crossing the street holding up the traffic forever. Pedestrians of any age are entitled to cross there and have cars give way to them.

I'm literally shocked that you're that peeved that pedestrians are crossing in the designated area to cross a road!?

Here's a tip for you, leave for work 5 minutes earlier. :
Old 26-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #42
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with 40k Zones out the front of Schools & always obey them though I have to wonder why they start in the afternoon at 2.30 when School does not get out till 3.30?

I never see 1 Child out the front of a School at 2.30, nor parents, nor Buses so why 2.30.

Also it Annoys me no end to see 40k speed zones in minor Roadworks areas when the Actual Work is being done 100 Metres off the edge off the Road or when the Boys are Having a Day off Coz of Rain yet we still have the 40k signs Displayed while the Entire Sealed Road has not been Touched with the work that is going on.

Not to mention the Morons who drive at 30 in the 40 Zone when no Work is being done as above.

I mean if the Road in question is as safe as it was when it was 60 or 80 why then when no works are actually being done obey this sign that should not even be there at those times?

Some people are very A N A L when it comes to such things & will Always Blindly Obey without actually thinking for themselves & assesing the situation.

Last edited by Seduce XR6; 26-06-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 26-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #43
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduce XR6
I mean if the Road in question is as safe as it was when it was 60 or 80 why then when no works are actually being done obey this sign that should not even be there at those times?
Because the sign IS there, it IS a legitimate speed limit sign and unfortunately it IS the speed limit while that sign is there. And while it is the speed limit, you can get done for exceeding it.

I agree at some roadworks sites they should remove the signs when work isn't being done, but they don't, so I still obey whatever is posted.

I'd like to see that one argued though, "I was speeding because that sign shouldn't be there, so I shouldn't get a fine!" : Let me know if that defence ever works.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Old 26-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #44
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Maybe some people have to do, perhaps this is why tradies in particular are in a rush and dont like having to go "10 under, just to be safe".
Everyone on here (and thats the majority) saying how they love to hold people up that are in a rush are idiots and are major contributors to the problem.
Sure you might feel cool posting about how you held up someone by slamming the brakes on em, but trust me youll feel different when that person cuts you off and you get a towbar to the front.

If you see someone in a rush, maybe try get out of the way where possible so that the driver thats making you uncomfortable can get further away from you, making everyone happy.

School zones are absolute crap, how did we all survive back when they were 60? When kids are about and traffics heavy I slow down for the conditions, having a random sign saying 40kmh zone means that 8 times out of 10 the lower speed limit is not appropriate.
Old 26-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #45
predator_230
Fairmont GXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
Maybe some people have to do, perhaps this is why tradies in particular are in a rush and dont like having to go "10 under, just to be safe".
Everyone on here (and thats the majority) saying how they love to hold people up that are in a rush are idiots and are major contributors to the problem.
Sure you might feel cool posting about how you held up someone by slamming the brakes on em, but trust me youll feel different when that person cuts you off and you get a towbar to the front.

If you see someone in a rush, maybe try get out of the way where possible so that the driver thats making you uncomfortable can get further away from you, making everyone happy.

School zones are absolute crap, how did we all survive back when they were 60? When kids are about and traffics heavy I slow down for the conditions, having a random sign saying 40kmh zone means that 8 times out of 10 the lower speed limit is not appropriate.
Couldn't have said it any better.
Old 26-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #46
Thankfull
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman
Recently I've been driving my wife's Corolla to work to put some mileage on it. Tell you what, I get tailgated and intimidated a lot more in that car than the XR6. Yesterday morning I'm on the Eastern Freeway with my speed varying between 85 to 100km/h going with the flow of other traffic and keeping to the left or middle lanes.

I had no less than 3 different idiots tailgating me. One in particular, a Mercedes Vito van was so goddamn close I reckon if I was able to switch on the reverse sensors I would have heard one continuous beep!!

When he finally moved over and came past me (he didn't fly by) I made sure I gave him "the stare" as I'm sure the last thing he expected behind the wheel was a big ugly caucasian with cropped hair and a goatee!! No idea whether it had any effect as it was still dark.

I'm normally pretty calm on the road but this guy really got to me to the point where I briefly contemplated "having a word" if we ended up stopped together at the end of the freeway. Once he was out of sight I settled down and normal transmission resumed.

Agree with the original post, see lots of aggressive tailgating and have also noticed tradies seem to be the most prevalent.
I must admit Traffic gives me a very wide berth behind my BA GT, even in heavy traffic, which was not the case with my BA XT Wagon.

There must be a lot of cars out there on the road that do not have comprehensive Insurance...perhaps it is on their mind that my insurance company will go after them personaly for the money if there was a rear end collision ?

Cheers
Old 26-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #47
Wardo

Another reason to just let them go,

I was being tailgated by a bloke while riding the bike to work (5am very light traffic) and changed lanes to the right to get away from him, at the next set of lights I stopped quite easily and he just sailed through without stopping. I still wonder what would have happened if I hadn't practised some defensive riding.

That being said, slowing and stopping due to a orange\red light in Brisbane is fast becoming an extreme sport!
Old 26-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #48
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah buy the time I get from A-B may I probably sit on an average of 40k's thanks to other drivers.

However I'm always at 100/110 on the Monash.
Cbf waiting another 10 years for these lazy roadworkers to actually finish the road and have it finally roadwork free. I do slow down for them however not always down to 40, if they actually did their job instead of standing in circles of 20 with a cigarette and coffee in each hand, then I'd be able to do 100 wouldn't I. And before Mr textbook black and white sheep replies to this I slow down to what is a very safe speed for me, 40 isn't some magical safe number that applies to everyone, which is what you would've been told.

And please nobody stick up for them, OHS requires safety but that doesn't mean 5 people holding a ladder. Why not bring some snags and a BBQ too.
Old 26-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #49
burnz
VFII SS UTE

you need a trained chef to operate a bbq (oh&s)
Old 26-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #50
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think most of it has been said. Invincible soccer Mum's in large 4WD's can often be seen as the perpetrators.

BUT, I am not a fan of brake checking. As the husband of someone permanently incapacitated by a rear-ended this is NOT a fate you want to tempt, especially with an incompetent idiot driving a 2 tonne weapon. Your whole life changes - in a second.

Driving at the speed limit, gradually slowing and sometimes the rear fog light or hazards is all I need. They will just fly past you at the next opportunity, only for you to get back in front of them in the next lane at the next lights anyway.

It does seem that my wife does get less aggro in the Mini than she did in the BA XR6 though. A bit vice-versa from the other comments here.
Old 26-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #51
marquis 78

I think our society is losing it's touch on reality and compassion. Seems we are all in it for ourselves. I was doing the speed limit of 80 kph in the right hand lane cause others were merging. And a fool overtook me on the left and shook his fist at me. Now I'm not the one to be intimidated. Infact quite the opposite. But I was so happy with myself in that I was calm and didn't let this maniac into my head and upset me. It's his foolish action.
Now just a few days ago, I had seen the aftermath of a semi hitting a 4wd. Now let me tell you that I do not want to see that again. There was wreckage all over the road and the 4wd was the size of blanket box. Makes me very worried indeed when I know these fools ( i want to use real bad words) are sharing the roads with my pregnant wife. I'm sure those of you in the know understand.
Old 26-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #52
Bmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had my open licence for over 15 years and no tickets or incidents.

If your done for doing 15 or 20 over the limit then you should have your car confiscated like the hoon laws. Only problem with that is the speed cameras are inaccurate and are only there to raise revinue.

Bring back the copper with the ticket book, and have him look over the car for RWC, check your licence and put you on the bag while he's at it. It's the only way to rid the crap from the roads and lower thre road toll.
Old 26-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #53
mad cow
blue oval addict

if they are behind me thats their problem.... i quite often go a little under 40 in the 40 zones, and sit in the left lane. as i have a couple of tonnes on a tandem trailer behind a falcon ute. if a kid jumps out ive gotta be able to stop. i also used to do the same when i was driving trucks. i have had a few idiots have a go at me for doing this but they change their minds when i get out of the ute at the next set of lights. being a driver has a few obligations and respecting other motorists is one of them.

also isnt it illegal to cross the road within a certain distance of an operating crossing? they are for all ages and not only when the flags are up. a lot of elderly also rely on these crossings,
Old 26-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #54
yetchh
go bro

i have no probs with the 40kph limits outside schools etc, i do have probs with people that dont seem to know where on the road they are, and sit in the outside lane even when theyre not passing, people that think its ok to indicate after they start changing lanes then flip the bird at you for beeping, people that drift around indecisively, aggresive women drivers who seem to think they can beep at anyone for any reason and tailgate far worse than any tradie on the road (90% of beeps and fingers i get are chicks in a hurry).. people that refuse to let you in even after indicating for 3 secs.. i just move my 2 tonne pig over anyway, they soon get the message.. i think that as ive gotten older ive definitely chilled, i give way to everyone and expect to be given way to, i dont speed anywhere near like i used to, but i do suffer from road rage.. mainly because so many people have no idea about how to use the road and use common manners.. if someone comes up behind me i get out of the way if its possible..
1977 RX4/929 coupe in epoxy finally
1976 121 Cosmo 2l turbo
Old 26-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #55
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Because the sign IS there, it IS a legitimate speed limit sign and unfortunately it IS the speed limit while that sign is there. And while it is the speed limit, you can get done for exceeding it.

I agree at some roadworks sites they should remove the signs when work isn't being done, but they don't, so I still obey whatever is posted.

I'd like to see that one argued though, "I was speeding because that sign shouldn't be there, so I shouldn't get a fine!" : Let me know if that defence ever works.
Yes you can get Done as you put it, I wonder though whatever has happened to common sense & People thinking for themselves?

What you have said is my Point exactly, you say even if the sign should not be there if it is then even though is no other reason other than the fact that the sign is there then you & others like you will Obey it even if say the Roadworks guys could not be bothered coming to cover them up on a Rainy day for example when normally they would have.

And it is this that really Annoys me & you know I am not alone as many times I follow a line of Vehicles who do say 60 in such a situation & not the 40 as sign says as they know it is safe to do so, but then you get 1 car who is like you & slows everybody down to 40 & then no 30 because they think they are being Pushed & think it is smart to get Cranky & Teach the impatient people a lesson.

As has been said this only serves to make things worse for all concerned, if they want to go slow fine however they have no right to hold up say 20 other vehicles behind them in the process.

Think for yourself & do not just Follow all things Blindly like a sheep.
Old 26-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #56
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduce XR6
Yes you can get Done as you put it, I wonder though whatever has happened to common sense & People thinking for themselves?

What you have said is my Point exactly, you say even if the sign should not be there if it is then even though is no other reason other than the fact that the sign is there then you & others like you will Obey it even if say the Roadworks guys could not be bothered coming to cover them up on a Rainy day for example when normally they would have.

And it is this that really Annoys me & you know I am not alone as many times I follow a line of Vehicles who do say 60 in such a situation & not the 40 as sign says as they know it is safe to do so, but then you get 1 car who is like you & slows everybody down to 40 & then no 30 because they think they are being Pushed & think it is smart to get Cranky & Teach the impatient people a lesson.
You've got me fascinated. What is it that you do for a living that requires you to be in such a hurry and requiring other road users to part the road for you so you can reach your destination 27 seconds quicker?

Mr Rudd, is that you?
Old 26-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #57
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Terror
I cannot for the life of me think of any reason any tradie or business man or whatever has any reason that justifies driving dangerously through school zones. I have driven through school zones under lights and siren to a medical emergency but I still slow down and give people some room. Even in life and death cases, it is not worth killing a kid. Anyone that thinks they need to speed through, I would suggest they need to time manage better. If my plumber arrived 2 mins late because he had to slow down for a school zone, big deal!

Quote:
I do not remember many saying they like to intentionally jump on the brakes to slow people down for fun, just not be bullied by inconsiderate and dangerous drivers trying to speed through school zones. I would not move either and in fact I would slow down too.

Quote:
For one thing, it is illegal to overtake in a school zone. Secondly, if you were behind me and I was to brake, causing you to run up my rear end, it will not hurt me as it would be at a speed less than 40km/h. Not to mention it would be your fault and you would have a very expensive car to repair. Yes you may claim that I did it intentionally, but prove it, I may have seen a kid about to run out and had a bit of a panic moment, which I am allowed to. Finally if you were to overtake me (illegal in a school zone) and then dive in front and throw out the anchors, I am sure a lot of people in the school zone would see and I would have a lot of witnesses. Please do that to me, I need my front bar re sprayed (has some gutter rash) and I would love for you to pay for it. I just have to prove that you over took me in an unsafe manner, you jumped in front and braked without giving me safe clearance, easy to do with all my witnesses.

Quote:
On the open road, I normally do, if I can safely. Does not happen much as I am normally moving with the flow. If someone wants to drive at a speed that is unsafe for the conditions, bully for them (I will probably see them at work one day). In a school zone, no way, you want me to pull off the road so that you can speed through, not a chance.

Quote:
When they were 60 zones, with most going through at 70+, we had more school zone accidents, simple. As for why do we need the signs, they are designed for the lowest common demominator, being the guy that can not work out all the cars on the side of the road and the kids about does not allow speeds over about 40. The reaction time and braking distance to pull up is likely to be too large. A car travelling at 40kmh can pull up in about 7m, a car travelling at 60 will take about 20m. A kid running out from behind a parked car might be only 5m away. The 40km/h will knock him down but not kill, the 60km/h car will hit him at about 45km/h and would kill a child, does that make sense?
Old 26-06-2009, 10:36 PM   #58
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by B mobile

If your done for doing 15 or 20 over the limit then you should have your car confiscated like the hoon laws. Only problem with that is the speed cameras are inaccurate and are only there to raise revinue.

Bring back the copper with the ticket book, and have him look over the car for RWC, check your licence and put you on the bag while he's at it. It's the only way to rid the crap from the roads and lower thre road toll.

Amen to that.

As an addit. A few recent court cases have found AGAINST brake checkers. The person who runs up the back of someone usually gets charged, but not always. This is a very dangerous and legally incorrect, but widely held assumption.

Last edited by Pinch; 26-06-2009 at 10:43 PM. Reason: khrap speling
Old 26-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #59
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by B mobile

Best post so far!
Old 26-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #60
burnz
VFII SS UTE

why is it illegal to overtake in a school zone??
most school 40kph are on 6 lane hwy!!
Closed Thread