Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #31
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Yeah it's on there. 67 pages, filed under a 388a financial report of a public or disclosing entity.

Anyone can download it for a price from one of the various information brokers.

There you go.

Good one Wally, Dave.

I thought it was not released for public consumption except for the summary.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #32
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
I'm not interested in what people think. Fact is, Holden, Toyota, Ford, are not Australian owned.

Going back to your answer, and then your explanation, I think you're a closet Holden lover that doesn't accept any criticism of the un-Australian bogan car company. Live with it. Holden doesn't "count" any more or less than Toyota does. Toyota employs people locally, and that's what counts the most!
No more drinking turps for you.

What counts the most is Holden and Ford. Without the two of them competing with the falcon/commodore the large car market will disappear up its own clacker, and the roads will be flooded with nice little 4 cylinder coffins for two and Land Cruisers.

If either company are left in the large car market by themselves, you can bet your left cluster that said market will stagnate and wither.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #33
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

In that context (large cars, as opposed to the two brands) you're right, SB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I did wrirte a response, but then I figured it would be wasted on someone of your calibre.
I knew I'd hit a nerve; I've proven my point.
Old 22-06-2009, 06:12 PM   #34
Wally
XP Coupe

Yes you proved a point alright, but missed the target completely. You have no idea what you're talking about so just leave it at that or as suggested sober up.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #35
Paxton
Cobblers!

Holden couldn't even afford to make their workers redundant. Ford, on the other hand, can.

If you think Holden's position will be any better, think again.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #36
The Snout

Toyota just does what it has to do, Big Bogan Day Out (V8 Supercars) or not.

Thanks to them for building cars here in oz.
The Snout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #37
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Yes you proved a point alright, but missed the target completely. You have no idea what you're talking about so just leave it at that or as suggested sober up.
Smooth talker you are.

Stop trying to shove your Holden garbage down our throats. Fact is, Holden are leeches who play on the sentiments of feeble minded "Australian" sheep like yourself. It appears you need to try to bring more worthless figures that have backed the idiotic doomsdayer mentality of csv8's quoted article. Holden don't count more or less than Toyota, or Mitsubishi when they were here.
That was my initial question, which you conveniently dodged, using the "Holden Australia" tag. Try telling the thousands of those employed at Toyota their jobs don't count! Very hypocritical, Wally.

SB, come to think of it you're only half right (re large cars). Ford/Holden have at last realised the way to go for their survival; start production of smaller cars in anticipation of the large car's further decline. Buoyed only by fleets in the past, large car sales are now becoming a niche only, more so the Falcon. To put it bluntly large cars will not survive without small cars manufactured alongside them. Hence, the large cars don't need each-other, rather, each manufacturer needs to be more than the "Falcon/Commodore car company".
Old 23-06-2009, 12:58 AM   #38
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is the first year of the FG .... How did Holden go in the first year of the VE
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2009, 01:43 AM   #39
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG
This is the first year of the FG .... How did Holden go in the first year of the VE

The last profit they made was in 04. So they havent made a profit on the VE.