Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #31
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 
Default Re: Grab your final FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
Unless someone wants a V8 ute.
I've been told by one Ford dealer we have until March to order the last of the FPVs, can anyone confirm this?
We tried to place an order 2 weeks ago through ford for a brand new GTP. FPV declined it saying they would not be able to produce it. So had to get one of the dealers already allocated that was due to be built in January changed from black to white.

However FPV may do a limited run of something before the close there doors but no confirmation yet of availability.
99AUXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #32
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I think alot will be shocked and saddened the the best looking Falcon ever will be the last.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #33
sprint347dave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

whats on the compliance plate of a gt,,does it say gt or is it a letter of some sort,,if it is a letter,,will the next xr8 have the same letter being the top performance falcon
sprint347dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #34
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
For a lot of people that is no doubt important, however sometimes it is useful to look past the marketing badge, and evaluate the substance.

The next gen' XR8 will probably be a GT in all but the badge, at an XR8 / XR6T / SS price point.
Just like the GXL in XC was almost same as XBGT and GS in XY was almost same as XYGT etc etc..... Historically there has always been an "almost same as" model. Great cars in their own right but you'd trade them in a heartbeat for a GT. Almost same as....but Not the same.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #35
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint347dave View Post
whats on the compliance plate of a gt,,does it say gt or is it a letter of some sort,,if it is a letter,,will the next xr8 have the same letter being the top performance falcon

Body Style Code (BA/F)
GT SW
GT-P SW
Pursuit Ute CM
F6 Typhoon SW
F6 Tornado CM

Body Type
Sedan GT 18536
Sedan GT-P 18537
Sedan F6 Typhoon 18539
Ute Pursuit 45577
Ute F6 Tornado 45579
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #36
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Brembo brakes on the XR8? Where's the proof? About the only carry over from FPV to the XR8 will be the engine I bet. Think XR6 with luxury pack and the current GS engine.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #37
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

I will be very suprised if they dont offer luxury and sports packs for the XR8 to get rid of some spare parts.
99AUXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #38
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

More info on F6's please !!!
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #39
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem View Post
More info on F6's please !!!
Don't get your hopes up.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #40
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Nothing for the ute lovers?

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2013, 11:21 PM   #41
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
Nothing for the ute lovers?
Yeah but it comes with a Holden badge.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #42
OwnTheRoad
T Series Club AUST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
For a lot of people that is no doubt important, however sometimes it is useful to look past the marketing badge, and evaluate the substance.

The next gen' XR8 will probably be a GT in all but the badge (or at least very close), at an XR8 / XR6T / SS price point.
You make two good observations/ points here , one thing Ford failed to realise time after time ( example XC GXL , ESP , T SERIES) is that whilst the substance of a vehicle is important the simple fact is the GT name will always be what people aspire to own so no matter how good the machine is it just isn't going to make the grade as far as the buying enthusiast is concerned . Really an XR8 in current GT mech spec will be a great car but to many it's a wanna be GT just like the other vehicles I previously listed and i suspect the XR8 will suffer the same fate , to be tagged as a GOOD car but NOT a GT.
OwnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #43
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like I said I can't say much guys on models and spec at the moment.
Old 19-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #44
dl86
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTEMEL View Post
You make two good observations/ points here , one thing Ford failed to realise time after time ( example XC GXL , ESP , T SERIES) is that whilst the substance of a vehicle is important the simple fact is the GT name will always be what people aspire to own so no matter how good the machine is it just isn't going to make the grade as far as the buying enthusiast is concerned . Really an XR8 in current GT mech spec will be a great car but to many it's a wanna be GT just like the other vehicles I previously listed and i suspect the XR8 will suffer the same fate , to be tagged as a GOOD car but NOT a GT.
That's it!

If you are after bells and whistles and self driving cars then the GT is not the car for you.

The best super car ever made to this day is the Ferrari F40 (not comparing to the GT) and it has basically zero gadgets in it and is still considered one of the most fun cars to drive. Pure and raw, car and driver.

The last GT's ever to be made in oz...
FG MKII GT ZF, 444.8rwkw, 61mm YT snout, 1000cc injectors, 460lph fuel pump, big kpm intercooler, shockworks w/12kg front springs, SSR GTX01 18X9.5" +22 F/R, nizpro input shaft, 1pce 4" AL tailshaft, poly bushings all round, trutrac, headerback exhaust 3", whiteline sway bars, IMS diff hat, herrod spark booster, Alpine R type speakers/Alpine R type 2x12" ported subs/Pioneer GM-D9601/8604 amps and other bits
dl86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2013, 01:09 AM   #45
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stuff the existing GT's running gear into the FH XR8 but call it a GT instead...
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #46
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford may even do a limited 300 run of a special model at the end of the FH production run just to clear off car bodies/shells and parts.

Anyone working at Ford Australia should get their hands on some of the tooling (at the very end of the FH prodcution), even if it means it "mysteriously" disappears, it's better than the tooling getting scrapped off or ending up with RareSpares who will charge a fortune for parts in 15 years+.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #47
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Its confirmed the FH is getting the upgraded ZFHP28 gearbox which is a quicker shifting unit than the aging ZF box we currently get and about 3% more efficient, (read 3% more power at the back wheels) which along with quicker shifting means the XR8 should be not only better looking, have updated technology, be far more cost effective and also and perhaps most importantly be quicker as well

I'm happy to take a faster, fresher car at a far more realistic price over a badge and some stickers.

Last edited by Rodge; 19-12-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #48
Wolfinsheepsclothing
preying on lions

yeah nothing wrong with the XR8 badge, I've owned 3 previous cars with it, still do in some ways as GS's are basically a XR8 with a GT engine
Old 19-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #49
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Bang on the money.
This car will likely compete with the hype of the new mustang and will also compete with the HSV badge as the XR8 will be our top "local" offering.

It will really come down to price then. It needs to be 55k drive away with a lot of kit included.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #50
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

If I owned a MK1 I would consider upgrading to the MKII.5, although a little surprising that there would be a MKII.5, as FH is only around the corner...

But owning a MKII already, it would have to be something really special for me to go new again.

I've got factory wider rims already, much improved sound system already (I was in a low spec Camry rent a car the other day and you guys would not believe how much better the stereo in this low spec car was than the stock set-up in our cars). For those that not have got a MKII in such high spec' though I can see the appeal in upgrading to the final one. Although if you want to save a few bucks right now might be a good time to try and get into the last few GT-P or E that are getting around at dealers as there are some cars still coming off Dealer Principal drive cars etc. that means you could get a basically new MKII right now for low-mid 60s.

If they are not really taking orders for current GT-P etc. as mentioned by someone earlier in this thread they should just announce what is coming as if they are not interested in selling/building the current model now, they don't have to worry about the announcement killing sales of current car...
Old 19-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #51
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99AUXR View Post
We tried to place an order 2 weeks ago through ford for a brand new GTP. FPV declined it saying they would not be able to produce it. So had to get one of the dealers already allocated that was due to be built in January changed from black to white.
I do hope that translates to, "we have a just enough stock for a limited edition with most of the GTP gear (seats, brakes, etc) so we are stopping GTP sales".

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #52
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really wonder how these will sell ???

The last limited edition R-Spec models were sitting in dealerships for over 6 months before anyone bought them, lots have actually been sold a significantly discounted prices. Yes there was a lot of hype, Yes it was the fastest Aussie car at the time, and Yes is was better than a stock GT. But even the Ford fans did not see the point, after all there is only so much spin you can put on new stickers and a few suspension tweaks …

I think this can only go two ways!
It’s either all the sentimentalists that will just rush and buy one as it’s the Last ... OR … they struggle to sell any of them as nobody cares anymore, and eventually sell them at huge discounts as Demo cars.
I guess time will tell.
Old 19-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #53
Sioso
irregular member

If you are interested in resale prices or keeping the car for a long period of time the last of the GT's would be worth looking at.
If it's going to be a daily driver and traded in a couple of years I think the FH XR8 would be my choice.
It should be a fair amount cheaper with an updated body, interior and technology (I would hope) and you can always add brakes, suspension and wheels if they aren't up to scratch with the savings over a GT.

My interior is ok in isolation but after sitting in a VF Calais V the other weekend my interior felt pretty dated when I jumped back in.......
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #54
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100 View Post
I really wonder how these will sell ???

The last limited edition R-Spec models were sitting in dealerships for over 6 months before anyone bought them, lots have actually been sold a significantly discounted prices. Yes there was a lot of hype, Yes it was the fastest Aussie car at the time, and Yes is was better than a stock GT. But even the Ford fans did not see the point, after all there is only so much spin you can put on new stickers and a few suspension tweaks …

I think this can only go two ways!
It’s either all the sentimentalists that will just rush and buy one as it’s the Last ... OR … they struggle to sell any of them as nobody cares anymore, and eventually sell them at huge discounts as Demo cars.
I guess time will tell.
I think the outcome will be directly related to how much credibility Ford put into the car. If its little more than a sticker pack...then they'll reap what they've sown.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #55
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
I think the outcome will be directly related to how much credibility Ford put into the car. If its little more than a sticker pack...then they'll reap what they've sown.
Ha ha. I'm sure it will be much more than a sticker pack, lets hope it's fully loaded with everything everyone could want, and they make heaps of them, just look at the possible win win both ways, those that order them get what they want, and those that wait get the dregs of colours/stock to move at discount prices,
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #56
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has Ford even confirmed that there is going to be a FH.

Only thing I have heard is that there will be an upgrade in 2014.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #57
JG34JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post
Just like the GXL in XC was almost same as XBGT and GS in XY was almost same as XYGT etc etc..... Historically there has always been an "almost same as" model. Great cars in their own right but you'd trade them in a heartbeat for a GT. Almost same as....but Not the same.
Actually, I'd take the GS over the GT back in XW-Y days. Heaps more choice of customisation from Falcon 500, Futura or Fairmont trim level; ute body, wagon body choice; better long distance road ride, more economy in 2V 302W version; and (both GT and GS) were a well sorted and refined overall package. But that's just me - ended up with XW GS and ED XR8 Sprint so never had the badge, and so far never have cared. Almost the same, but better!
JG34JA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #58
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99AUXR View Post
We tried to place an order 2 weeks ago through ford for a brand new GTP. FPV declined it saying they would not be able to produce it.
That is pretty sad, it is a long way from now until the end of the model.

I think that no matter what Ford does for a last-hurrah model they will be snapped up, lets hope that they have some pride and have a decent go at it.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #59
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute View Post
That is pretty sad, it is a long way from now until the end of the model.

I think that no matter what Ford does for a last-hurrah model they will be snapped up, lets hope that they have some pride and have a decent go at it.
And not like the last ever Fairlane that was built!
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #60
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
And not like the last ever Fairlane that was built!
I remember the last Fairlane I built, it was black with optional black side skirts. Nice car.
2 users like this post: