Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #31
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Sad state of affairs for Ford lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont View Post
Now THAT is a serious machine. Compared to Audi buyers, Ford buyers have no reason to complain about resale, that S4 was almost $150k new.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #32
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Spot on.....that's what this thread is about.
Well you ARE whinging that all the V8 falcons in the spec you want to buy are too expensive....
Old 06-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #33
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont View Post
That is a cracker of a car for the $$$$

Almost seems too good to be true...I might actually lookat this thing.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #34
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Just take a dose of brave pills in case of anything going wrong.... Thus the price...
Old 06-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #35
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing wrong with jumping ship to Holden, i've done it, and i'll probably go another ford for my next car. I love driving different types of cars! I'm currently driving a series II WM Caprice, and it's a beautiful car to drive.

This Grange seems too good to be true, an '08 Grange with 65k on the clock for under $30,000... I guess if a revs checks is all good and checks out it would be a decent buy...

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...&sort=%7ePrice

Quite a few VE HSVs with under 60,000km for about 30-35k...
jimmyxr6t04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #36
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm going to check this one out.

Looks nice

Would be nice with a V8 though.

Or this

Last edited by Stefan; 06-02-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #37
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XR6T does look nice Stef, and i very much like the black inserts in the dash, F6 is nice too, i would not like to choose between them, good luck which ever you choose.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #38
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Should be able to get a fairly low k 2010 FG turbo with all the extras and some cash left over for some mods $5k worth of mods and you'll have a very nice (quick) street car.
lucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #39
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

don't think you will be disappointed with the performance of either of those cars.
saying you're disappointed in ford because you cant find what you want second hand is a bit unfair. did you ever think that those who have them want to keep them because they are great cars but the dunnydore owners are less happy so are selling early
Quote:

Looks nice

Or this

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #40
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstar87 View Post
you can get a new a brand new SS Z (auto, leather) series sedan / ute 2012 plated for around $40k or below driveway. (i only know this as the Fiancé is looking at one at the moment)

Ford bring back the XR8!!! Pleeeeaaaaassseeee!!!!
How are Ford going to compete with that? Holden are shooting themselves in the foot, it would be wise for Ford not to follow..............
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #41
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
Just take a dose of brave pills in case of anything going wrong.... Thus the price...

Yes it is about wholsesale with retail being about $48k. It says "plus on roads" so there will be a grand or 2 in stamp duty and whatever else they think they can get away with but the current market is flooded with ex lease rather good quality vehicles.

Still it is a 7 years old Audi so unless you can find privateer who has a lot of Audi knowlege maintenance might be a bit "interesting".
Old 06-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #42
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Quote:

Looks nice

Or this

Two very nice cars. But personally I'm over the BA/BF interior, and the 50th anni seats are meant to be the ducks nuts!
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #43
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstar87 View Post
Umm... i would hate to say it, but yea holden fans are lucky with this at the moment... you can get a new a brand new SS Z (auto, leather) series sedan / ute 2012 plated for around $40k or below driveway. (i only know this as the Fiancé is looking at one at the moment)

Ford bring back the XR8!!! Pleeeeaaaaassseeee!!!!
FG XR8 utes were $40k and hardly anyone bought them although the identically priced XR6T utes sold well.
FG XR8 sedans were $45k and the same thing happened.

On Monday the VE will be the "previous model" similar to a BF for Ford. I think I know why they are being so drastically discounted.

A GS is just an XR8 with a FPV badge so why not buy one of them?
Old 06-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #44
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
saying you're disappointed in ford because you cant find what you want second hand is a bit unfair.
I never really thought about it before as I was not in the market, but when I considered buying a V8 as a daily I noticed that as Ford fan there is a gap with Ford pulling out of the XR8. So now my choices are really a 6T or go the extra coin for the FPV or go to the opposition.

Nothing to do with resale there just seems to be a gap in the model line up that leaves Ford V8 buyers with having to make a compromise. I'm sure the SS has picked up a fair few "XR8 buyers"

Anyway I'll look at the 6Ts and go from there. Hard choice between the two I spotted...
Old 06-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #45
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
A GS is just an XR8 with a FPV badge so why not buy one of them?
Looking at these, they are nice but I'd need to extend the extra $10K to $15K with the FPV Premium and the you are only a few $$$K away from a GT and then a few more $$$$K for a GT-E, before I know it I'm dropping $70K on a car.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #46
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

How about a 50th Anniversary G6E Turbo? Beautiful looking car.

Wait, on second thoughts no, don't look at them and don't buy one. It would mean one less 50th G6ET for me to buy.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #47
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
"hey I'm a V8 dude at heart I may as well get a V8"
i think if you get a turbo 6 you will regret it........... its obvious your hearting for another V8, follow the heart not the head
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #48
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Looking at these, they are nice but I'd need to extend the extra $10K to $15K with the FPV Premium and the you are only a few $$$K away from a GT and then a few more $$$$K for a GT-E, before I know it I'm dropping $70K on a car.
But that is the way it has always been.

When I bought my BA GT-P is was $84k (fully optioned).
At the same time an XR8 was 50s and GT mid 60s.
When I bought my BA2 F6 it was $88k (it was also fully optioned) and the prices for the BA2 XR8, GT and GT-P were around the same.

I suspect one of the reasons for the downfall of the XR8 was that it was just $10 less than the GT and to the majority of new V8 buyers of the time an XR8 was just and XR8 but a GT was a GT.
I know that a mate of mine who at the time owned 4 Ford dealerships had that policy in place for the salesmen to upsell and it was almost always successful.

I suspect there is a lot of belief that the pricing of the GS is much higher because it has an FPV badge. I do not think that this actually the case as the only "FPV" bits of a GS are the stickers, badges, starter button and a bit of interior bling e.g. FPV background on the speedo etc.

You should be able to get a GS for about $50k and a bit if you try hard and it will come with 3 years warranty, that new car smell and a whole lot of smile generation capability.

You only live once, don't waste it.

I suspect there are lots of old guys in retirement homes telling stories of the <insert vehicle here> that they could have bought but didn't and now even though they could buy anything they wanted, they can't drive anymore........
3 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #49
FERG_51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go the XR50T you wont look back, well at least i didnt. Like i said before just misses the V8 rumble and you have your GT for that.
FERG_51 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #50
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERG_51 View Post
Go the XR50T you wont look back, well at least i didnt. Like i said before just misses the V8 rumble and you have your GT for that.
I'll check it out on the weekend. It's actually from the Dealer 10 minutes from my place, where I incidentally bought my FPV from in 2007.

Then I'll buy a CD with V8 sounds on it..
Old 06-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #51
AU Mont
Banned

another beauty..

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...-2006-13820240
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #52
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you can still get a decent sound out of a turbo 6 with the right exhaust
Quote:
I'll check it out on the weekend. It's actually from the Dealer 10 minutes from my place, where I incidentally bought my FPV from in 2007.

Then I'll buy a CD with V8 sounds on it..

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Rides:

Old 06-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #53
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
you can still get a decent sound out of a turbo 6 with the right exhaust
NO chance IMO, I had an XR6, I had hole in the muffler, the exhaust shop talked me into a sports exhaust and i absolutely hated it, I felt like a 17 year old bogan is was the most embarrassing thing when i took a "non-car enthusiast" passenger in the car, they would just ask what the hell is wrong with your car its so noisy. And IMO not a nice noise like a V8.

Kept for another 6 months then selling that car was a happy moment. shame really as I otherwise really loved that car before the exhaust change. but it was not worth turning back to stock as it was a $5K car with just on 200K kms on it. Never missed a beat too...
Old 06-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #54
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I did say with the right exhaust I have heard some terrible ones too but there are some nice sounding ones as well. not as good as a V8 but still a nice sound
Quote:
NO chance IMO, I had an XR6, I had hole in the muffler, the exhaust shop talked me into a sports exhaust and i absolutely hated it, I felt like a 17 year old bogan is was the most embarrassing thing when i took a "non-car enthusiast" passenger in the car, they would just ask what the hell is wrong with your car its so noisy. And IMO not a nice noise like a V8.

Kept for another 6 months then selling that car was a happy moment. shame really as I otherwise really loved that car before the exhaust change. but it was not worth turning back to stock as it was a $5K car with just on 200K kms on it. Never missed a beat too...

Rides:

Old 06-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #55
stevanford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get a G6ET. Luxury car that'll destroy anything HSV sell today.
stevanford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #56
stevz
Banned

Quote:

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...-2006-13884490

That is a cracker of a car for the $$$$

Almost seems too good to be true...I might actually lookat this thing.
Yeah it's a cracker of a car, just be prepared to take out a bank loan for the servicing and repairs.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #57
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dont know if its your cup of tea but i have always loved the Force 8
and these two in NSW are close to the budget.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...k&sort=default

The Daily's Build.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349360

Weekender: '69 VW Notchback
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post4531824
madwag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #58
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwag View Post
Dont know if its your cup of tea but i have always loved the Force 8
and these two in NSW are close to the budget.

I don't mind them, but I need a dealer car so I can trade as I don't want to be left without a car if I sell my current ride.

BUT

I think it's just a little overpriced for what the market is saying, but this has my attention.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/...-11466553&Cr=5

I just love the B series cars... I'll definitely look at this one Saturday...
Old 06-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #59
FacultY

I agree Ford really dont have anything to compete with. I remember reading somewhere that the majority of commodore sales are private sales of SS's. Which means people want a affordable V8. Hopefully with FPV's coming out of the Ford factory they can offer the GS for similiar pricing

And Stefan if i was in your position id prob have to wander on over to the dark side and take the Z series SS as it definetely is best bang for buck.

Last edited by FacultY; 06-02-2013 at 09:51 PM.
FacultY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #60
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I don't mind them, but I need a dealer car so I can trade as I don't want to be left without a car if I sell my current ride.

BUT

I think it's just a little overpriced for what the market is saying, but this has my attention.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/...-11466553&Cr=5

I just love the B series cars... I'll definitely look at this one Saturday...
Sorry i forgot the bit about needing a dealer.

Good luck to you. Might just have to be patient.

The Daily's Build.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349360

Weekender: '69 VW Notchback
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post4531824
madwag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post