Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #31
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia
Bugger. Back to the drawing board or buff it out ?
Stef is looking into another one at the moment, but im not too sure.
Justin@ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #32
efgiar
rofl copter

yeah people blow! lol

on a side note had a visit from the cops, they have the car in cuffs hopefully they fingerprint it and search for sperm and anything else because the lady that owns it said it was stolen! and she hadnt made a report even when the cops showed up at her door this morning. so atm im in a pickle but hey what do you do. time will tell.

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #33
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar
yeah people blow! lol

on a side note had a visit from the cops, they have the car in cuffs hopefully they fingerprint it and search for sperm and anything else because the lady that owns it said it was stolen! and she hadnt made a report even when the cops showed up at her door this morning. so atm im in a pickle but hey what do you do. time will tell.
Some real a-holes out there hey.

I hope it all work's out good for you Josh.

Cheers, Adam.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #34
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
the lady that owns it said it was stolen! and she hadnt made a report even when the cops showed up at her door this morning.

Simple really, where does she live in relation to the fishing spot??

Is your house somewhere in between and would most likely be the route by which someone would take to get back??

Find the fishing spot and see who else was their, easiest way is get some rods and a mate or two and head out, chat to the other fisherman and find out who else was their last night, really ask if it's a regular spot for many people and what's the fishing like. Maybe ask what they usually catch, I'm not kiding start it as benign as you possibly can, even throw in a stupid fish joke or two (if you know any LOL).

Chances are either her son or husband used the car and by getting the info off the others you should get a name. Easy way is to say you live right around the corner from the suspect, with any luck they will say you should have come with the suspect that night or on furutre nights as he is always their.

From that you can find out whether or not he was their that night, give that info to the police, they can then interview them, maybe get fisheries out their as well to scare them a little into making a statement especially is they have illegal fish.

You have to keep calm though about it all and just make it out like friendly fishing banter, might take a few hours, but if you bring some beers I rekn you might not have to wait as long. :evil3:
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #35
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
yeah people blow! lol

Searching for sperm?!

What else goes on during a fishing trip?!
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #36
efgiar
rofl copter

well who knows what they do, i can only presume the worst :P

im not much of a fisherman nor do i have the time to be down there asking questions... i think ill just let the cop do thier jobs and hopefully justice prevails. if not then yeah ill talk to a solicitor and see what happens.

thats all
Old 07-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #37
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Mate regardless of whether her car was stolen or not her insurance should still be footing the bill, unless she doesn't have any of that either.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #38
Justin@
Banned

Lynch mob time mate?
Justin@ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #39
ZDHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Happy birthday Mate.
Hope the rest of your day got better!

Have you tried a bit of cut and polish as it might buff out!

Good to see you caught the other vehicle involved, and got quality photos of the car, road, etc.
Was a fair wack at it. Glad you weren't near the car though

:party3:

Cheers
1997 El Futura Saphire 11 Wagon
1985 xf Fairmont sedan
ZDHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:29 PM   #40
efgiar
rofl copter

i slept through it lol my old man woke me up

didnt get much better. i have a few mates in the wallan and whittlesea area which have lost thier homes and my best mates sisters friend have died from the fires. so i think someone has got it in for me today.

best birthday ever...

thats all
Old 07-02-2009, 11:20 PM   #41
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Simple really, where does she live in relation to the fishing spot??

Is your house somewhere in between and would most likely be the route by which someone would take to get back??

Find the fishing spot and see who else was their, easiest way is get some rods and a mate or two and head out, chat to the other fisherman and find out who else was their last night, really ask if it's a regular spot for many people and what's the fishing like. Maybe ask what they usually catch, I'm not kiding start it as benign as you possibly can, even throw in a stupid fish joke or two (if you know any LOL).

Chances are either her son or husband used the car and by getting the info off the others you should get a name. Easy way is to say you live right around the corner from the suspect, with any luck they will say you should have come with the suspect that night or on furutre nights as he is always their.

From that you can find out whether or not he was their that night, give that info to the police, they can then interview them, maybe get fisheries out their as well to scare them a little into making a statement especially is they have illegal fish.

You have to keep calm though about it all and just make it out like friendly fishing banter, might take a few hours, but if you bring some beers I rekn you might not have to wait as long. :evil3:
I like your way of thinkin' mate.

Adam.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #42
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:

didnt get much better. i have a few mates in the wallan and whittlesea area which have lost thier homes and my best mates sisters friend have died from the fires. so i think someone has got it in for me today.

best birthday ever...
Josh i'm so sorry to hear that news.

My condolence's to all family and friend's.

Sorry that all this happened on your Birthday.

I wish there was something i could do to make it all better for you, but unfortunately, i'm as helpless as anyone else.

Sorry mate, Adam.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #43
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

best birthday ever...
Put on a lotto ticket yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #44
efgiar
rofl copter

im heading down to the girlfriends parents place today near the big kilmore-kinglake fire. may head into whittlesea and meet up with some friends for some support. it hits hard, i lived there half of my life and can only imagine what they are going through.

thats all
Old 08-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #45
efgiar
rofl copter

well good news, the guy responsible came around and was very sorry, he aparently fell asleep and ended up head on with the ute, then he did the runnber because he is unlicenced. he has offered to buy the ute and take it away. 2 problems sorted. the police said they are still going to press charges (as id hoped) and with unlicenced driving and the new laws i am pretty certain this guy will be in jail for a minimum of 1 month. thanks for the support guys as some cheer can be put back into this weekend.

thats all
Old 08-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #46
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
well good news, the guy responsible came around and was very sorry, he aparently fell asleep and ended up head on with the ute, then he did the runnber because he is unlicenced. he has offered to buy the ute and take it away. 2 problems sorted. the police said they are still going to press charges (as id hoped) and with unlicenced driving and the new laws i am pretty certain this guy will be in jail for a minimum of 1 month. thanks for the support guys as some cheer can be put back into this weekend.
That is good news Josh.

How are your Girlfriend's parent's ?

Adam.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #47
efgiar
rofl copter

they are good, wind turned away from whittlesea last night i think and everything is cool down there.. still some missing people which we have concerns about but theres not much you can do but wait and see

thats all
Old 09-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #48
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The lady that owns the VS said it was stolen, whats up with that now?
Antwon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #49
Rob
Living the dream

I only just saw this thread..

A belated happy birthday from me, and sorry to hear about the ute. Glad that Sarah's parents house wasn't burned.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post