Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #31
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 
Default Re: 2011 fiesta WT engine noise

Basically you're going to get the quality you pay for, I wouldn't touch the wheels but the go fast parts like spoiler and chrome then they would be right. Fog lights I don't know. I probably wouldn't as they could short.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #32
asdf1234

Yes!!!
asdf1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #33
jerryaus

update~

the 8 pic of chrome already arrives in melbourne custom today by ems, it will be on my hand monday i think

the wheels, on the ship~~~, 30 days to go, as my friend said that the wheels been took to dealer, and they said those staffs are OEM from the factory, of course, I will take to dealer as well to find it out, as the seller guarantee that those wheels are genuine.

I will upload the picture of chrome monday night or tuesday

Last edited by jerryaus; 29-10-2011 at 06:28 PM.
jerryaus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #34
jerryaus

up to you guys, I just share opinions, i would not spend one grand for the wheels as same quality from china

even the wheels from bob jane as well, most of them are from china manufactories, 17' at less from 1,000, and I can find the 100% same brand but around $150 each

that's australia~
Old 29-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #35
jerryaus

one guy works in the aus ford head office, the price of parts like this:

focus LX 2010, front bumper
List: 178.30
Dealer: 115.90

Territory wheels
WHEEL ASSY - ALLOY, WITH VEHICLE PERSONALISATION, KIT INCLUDES FITTING PARTS, 17" X 7.5J, 7 SPOKE ALLOY
List: 352.06
Dealer: 299.25

$299.25 for a wheel, you need to cut down the price: -profit for dealer, -profit for ford, -shipping fee, -labour cost, -AD fee...-maybe one VB ?.....So how much for a wheel???
Old 29-10-2011, 09:36 PM   #36
jerryaus

just bought one philip 2D shaver from American, it only cost me $58, but more than $250 in the shaver shop.....you get what you pay?
Old 29-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #37
asdf1234

My wheels are sparco engineered by OZ racing. Got them for 700 all up. I consider that a good price.
asdf1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #38
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaus
just bought one philip 2D shaver from American, it only cost me $58, but more than $250 in the shaver shop.....you get what you pay?
I hope its a 240v rated shaver, otherwise whether you get a aussie plug end or not it will go **BANG** and then smoke a bit, oh and also scare the crap out of you. US are 110v and some of their hair dryers, shavers etc are only rated to 110v. Goodluck
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #39
Caydus

Yea, I know where you're coming from Jerry. I've worked for a OEM manufacturer in China and lived there for a while and the stuff our factory makes, costs ~US$24 - US$30, but it gets sold in the western market in upwards of US$2,000.

Market prices are influenced by what people would pay and what suppliers can get away with, not necissarily what it cost in the first place to make it.

Now i could be completely off target as I dont have any info on the OEM manufacturing side for car gear, but I can see that logic applied here.

Looking forward to your findings with those trims Jerry
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #40
Moorie

Caydus I think you are spot on with the marking up off prices. Australia is a small market, with relatively high salaries and all suppliers have higher costs to cover and need a larger margin to survive. That's one of the reasons that goods are cheaper in the USA, if you are selling 20 to 50 times the amount of goods you can afford to make less on each item and still turn a good profit.
Moorie.
Moorie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #41
jerryaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
I hope its a 240v rated shaver, otherwise whether you get a aussie plug end or not it will go **BANG** and then smoke a bit, oh and also scare the crap out of you. US are 110v and some of their hair dryers, shavers etc are only rated to 110v. Goodluck
it comes with 110v-240v
Old 30-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #42
jerryaus

Today, my friend who in china for holiday went to dealer in ShangHai, the staff said that those rims are OEM, and ask where we got from, $600 if we buy from dealer include fitting in shanghai ford.

I am thinking maybe it could be a good business if I can do it wholesale for those things
Old 30-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #43
jerryaus

If u guys need the price of ford parts in aus, just pm me, I can ask my friend to get the list and dealer price, then u got the senses when u hit to dealer
Old 30-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #44
Caydus

Sounds good mate, would you be able to post a list price of all the parts needed for a LX/CL -> Zetec conversion minus the head unit, suspension parts and body kit?

Everything OEM of course.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #45
jerryaus

update~~~

received the EMS, a bit damaged outside the box, fix the chrome by half hour, looks no bad~ and front grill chrome as well

Last edited by jerryaus; 08-12-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:58 AM   #46
vhcbm

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Looks good around the front grill. Way over the top on the doors though, looks much thicker than the Ford OEM part.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #47
Caydus

It's a piece that's stuck onto the top of the stock rubber CL/LX window trims instead of replacing them outright no?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #48
jerryaus

no, just a piece of chrome stainless steel with 3M sticker, pretty strong and fit, as the seller says they are made by custom for Fiesta, separate into hatch and sedan~
Old 03-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #49
Caydus

Did you have to remove the existing trims to fit the new ones? or did they stick on top?
Old 03-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #50
jerryaus

No need to remove, well fit on the top
Old 03-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #51
vhcbm

How much did it cost you to get the front grill trim to Australia?

Old 07-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #52
Caydus

Looks like the OEM trim is completely different. Just snapped a shot while i was in the dealership this morning

Old 07-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #53
vhcbm

yep sure is, much thicker.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:00 AM   #54
jerryaus

it is not thicker, just side cover the plastic which you can find inside under the chrome~~~

chrome is just a metal cover, does not mean it was made by a whole metal
Old 08-11-2011, 12:50 AM   #55
vhcbm

None of the chrome trims are, even on the one in the dealer in Australia...I'm pretty sure it's just chrome coated plastic on both. Would like it around the front grill though as said above.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #56
Caydus

Yea, fair nuff, though the real concern is whether the aftermarket chrome piece is significantly thicker than the factory trim.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #57
Fiestaman

Window trim and grille trim look good. If you don't understand Mandarin how do you order? I see some sites are "English" agents for Taobao but are they reliable?

Anyone else ordered these parts yet?
Fiestaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #58
Foobar
Irregular Member

Perhaps an accessories or add-ons thread is in order, every time I see this one light up with new posts, I'm expecting to hear more about engine noises...
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #59
jerryaus

The engine has big noise, artless I feel it is more louder than other cars, I only fill up with 95 or 98, but still same, and it done almost 1000km now
Old 11-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #60
Caydus

Is it still the same pinging noise as when you first started the thread? The Fiesta is one of the better small cars i've driven when it comes to noise, though the engine is alot more free revving than most other Japanese cars of the same class and encourages you to do so, so that would be a bit buzzier than what you're probably used to.

I'd probably suggest that when you have some time, go for a test drive of another fiesta of the same transmission type as yours and see if the same noise is on that too.