Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #31
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Driver could of had a shave.

Still to conservative for what they have on offer in the stable,none the less a step ahead of the last add.
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #32
BigAL_250
and that's how it is

I just love that they actually went out of their way to call it a Falcon. Most of their ads lately have said XR, G-Series, FPV range, Falcon Ute. Never just Falcon.

Think about it, when was the last time a Ford commercial took pride in calling it a Falcon.
BigAL_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #33
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Some of you people will NEVER be happy
Im not happy unless they do everything I suggest, nah just kidding. But seriously I hate this relentless pursuit of average. Did the Ford guys really think when making this ad, that it will make people sit and take notice? Did they ever try to instill some passion back into the nameplate? The one thing thats saves the ad is the car itself, its beautiful.

50 years is a marketers dream, you cant buy that history and reputation. And here we get the same old by-the-numbers Ford ad, with a choice of soundtrack to cure insomnia.

Honestly if Ford themself dont appear to really care about this 50 year anniversary, why should the public?
'
When I first saw the ad, I actually thought for a moment they were sarcastic clapping as in "yeah, yeah, big deal". At the end of the ad I was the one wanting to sarcastic clap.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #34
BFZF8

I saw the ad the other night and it made me feel good. Then I realised that I'm not the target audience for this campaign. You'll pry a set of Falcon car keys from my cold dead hands so FoA doesn't have to win me over. I think something a little less understated and more confident would help bring in new blood instead of stroking the egos of people who already drive Fords.
BFZF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #35
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Thanks mate, I remember that ad now, great ad, bear in mind though ford where hurting from the AU, and the BA had all new everything, motors, body design etc, they needed impact and they got it.
FG II is new(ish) but not in the same vein.
Agreed, i believe the motor updates and the new FPv range realy helped them and the Ad topped it all off.
I slightly remember the original Ad for the series 1 AU and if you look back at it now, it too explained everything beneficial about the car, i believe it was also a solid Ad.
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #36
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

seems more like a Honda ad to me. well done, but they seem to be aiming more at the oldies
Old 30-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #37
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Im not happy unless they do everything I suggest, nah just kidding. But seriously I hate this relentless pursuit of average. Did the Ford guys really think when making this ad, that it will make people sit and take notice? Did they ever try to instill some passion back into the nameplate? The one thing thats saves the ad is the car itself, its beautiful.

50 years is a marketers dream, you cant buy that history and reputation. And here we get the same old by-the-numbers Ford ad, with a choice of soundtrack to cure insomnia.

Honestly if Ford themself dont appear to really care about this 50 year anniversary, why should the public?
'
When I first saw the ad, I actually thought for a moment they were sarcastic clapping as in "yeah, yeah, big deal". At the end of the ad I was the one wanting to sarcastic clap.
Problem with your comment is you're in the minor sector of people dis-liking!! Most thought it was either good or great...

I think it is a great add & just have is needed!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #38
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

What ever happened to showcasing the car itself and what it can do and such?

Meh, way better than the Mazda ads for sure

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #39
xrfalcon
On The Limiter

Maybe they should try this one again........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yangw...eature=related
xrfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #40
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

The add is great IMO...

It is current (people don't care about Falcons from 10, 20, 30 etc years ago), and the G6ET looks awesome. The image the commercial puts forward is that the current Falcon is a winnder and looks GREAT.

I like it
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #41
davids_gxl

The add is good.to the point in 30 secs.
davids_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post