the local butcher is $10.00 cheaper on average,
and the mobile is 6~8 cpl cheaper.

wollies/coles can do better.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #32
balthazarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITO
You have already paid an inflated price for your grocceries at the super market which covers the cost of the 4 cent discount at the servo this is a fact and has been proved by the news shows and on talkback radio. Its marketing and lots of people go for it plus the 4cents would never go to 2 cents you should be able to work out why. Instead of thinking about this a few adult web sites would be better.

While I agree with what you are saying regarding supermarkets, their overpriced goods and the ridiculous "discount" docket scheme... I had to laugh at your comment on talk-back radio.
balthazarr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #33
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-814
Get rid of the dockets so users will see the real price & start supporting the true discount kings...the Independants
Got my petrol at 98.5c last night from my Local Independant Servo

So sucks to be you to the ppl who went to get 4c off or even 6c and wait in a line wasting petrol to buy off thier Scummy *** Discount Servo who paid $1.15 minus their discount

I use to wait in lines when i was younger to get into Clubs or Pubs but that was when i was young - I am not going to wait in line for Petrol Pfffffffffffft

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #34
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
Got my petrol at 98.5c last night from my Local Independant Servo

So sucks to be you to the ppl who went to get 4c off or even 6c and wait in a line wasting petrol to buy off thier Scummy *** Discount Servo who paid $1.15 minus their discount

I use to wait in lines when i was younger to get into Clubs or Pubs but that was when i was young - I am not going to wait in line for Petrol Pfffffffffffft
So I shouldn't tell you that I got mine for 89.9c yesterday afternoon after my 4c off docket. Oh and no waiting either, drove in, up to the pump and fuelled up :

I don't use BP fuel (yes even though I work for them) as my car doesn't seem to like it (pings like a youknowwhat) and again, it is simply a creature of habit. Have always shopped woolies and always bought from Caltex.

My choice
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #35
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

I buy my ciggies from either Coles or Woolies save about 2-3$ on the 2 packs i buy from any other shop and i then get my fuel discout at the same time i'm happy with that, i live in an area that hasn't a great deal of servo's competing with each other (on my way to and from work) and bugga if i'm going to drive 20-30k's over sydney chasing cheaper fuel, sort of defeats the purpose somewhat
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #36
Turbotory
SYTTG

Honestly guys... If you're that concerned about it then click here: http://motormouth.com.au/pricesearch.aspx
Sign up, put in all your local servo's and get emailed as often as you like with updated prices. That way there can be no fretting and doing laps of your suburb chasing cheap fuel.

And all you conspiracy theorists... Yes, the big mobs like woolies and coles are in kahoots and there's bugger all we can do about it short of riding a bike and planting a vege patch.

The oil companies bring me the oil (something im not capable of doing myself) and sell it to me at a premium. Last I checked thats how businesses worked?

Lets keep it in perspective guys.
Turbotory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #37
TITO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbotory
Honestly guys... If you're that concerned about it then click here: http://motormouth.com.au/pricesearch.aspx
Sign up, put in all your local servo's and get emailed as often as you like with updated prices. That way there can be no fretting and doing laps of your suburb chasing cheap fuel.

And all you conspiracy theorists... Yes, the big mobs like woolies and coles are in kahoots and there's bugger all we can do about it short of riding a bike and planting a vege patch.

The oil companies bring me the oil (something im not capable of doing myself) and sell it to me at a premium. Last I checked thats how businesses worked?

Lets keep it in perspective guys.
Your missing the point so the oil companys can charge anything they like because your not cabable of doing it yourself??
''thats how businesses work'' lucky we all dont have that attitude or should we all rollover and cop it sweet.
TITO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #38
TITO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr

While I agree with what you are saying regarding supermarkets, their overpriced goods and the ridiculous "discount" docket scheme... I had to laugh at your comment on talk-back radio.
Bad choice of examples I guess.

Would not go down to two cents they would just jack up the prices on grocceries to keep it at four cents.
TITO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #39
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I am not sure I am reading it correctly, I see people whining about the shopper dockets.

If woolies/caltex offered vortex 98 I might use them myself. At the end of the day I do my shopping there, so if you can score 4c off then bonus. But I use 98 except today when I actually thought I would use my docket, never again, I got normal premium and the performance drop was noticeable withing 5mins of driving.

Last edited by EDfutura25; 17-01-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #40
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
So I shouldn't tell you that I got mine for 89.9c yesterday afternoon after my 4c off docket. Oh and no waiting either, drove in, up to the pump and fuelled up :
Your in a diff state with diff prices silly............lol When i went the Cheapy. wait in line, pertol stattions were $1.15, my local independant was 98.5

9 out of 10 times when i need petrol I laugh at the lines you have to wait to get your 4c off - my time is money and i aint waiting in line for 4c off pfffffffft

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2009, 08:04 PM   #41
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Another Angle...

I have LPG taxis and can never get enough discount vouchers from Coles/Shell, (Woolies/Caltex dont sell LPG here)

For a while I had a contact who worked in a Coles liquor shop, he gave me all the unused vouchers he had, most people dont want a receipt for a carton of beer so I used them up.

After a month or 2 some beancounter must have noticed an increase in vouchers from that shop being used at that servo and my contact got in trouble and was told to tear up all the unwanted vouchers and not give them to me (or anybody else)

So somebody has paid for a discount, the receipt is already printed out automatically but he doesn't want it but no one else can use it??

I buy wherever it is cheapest with 180000 litres a year it all adds up.

Now I am back to asking the grannys if I can have theirs, LOL.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #42
jatt
Starter Motor

I use to work for Woolies and still remember the CEO telling us how the supermarket division subsidised the petrol division about $55 million annually to keep the 4 cent discount, and this was a couple of years back when the petrol price was the same as now and they had 4 cent discount. With the extra business it generates, it's a small price for them to pay. The discount scheme ain't going anywhere.
jatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2009, 01:11 AM   #43
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastel
Another Angle...

I have LPG taxis and can never get enough discount vouchers from Coles/Shell, (Woolies/Caltex dont sell LPG here)

For a while I had a contact who worked in a Coles liquor shop, he gave me all the unused vouchers he had, most people dont want a receipt for a carton of beer so I used them up.

After a month or 2 some beancounter must have noticed an increase in vouchers from that shop being used at that servo and my contact got in trouble and was told to tear up all the unwanted vouchers and not give them to me (or anybody else)

So somebody has paid for a discount, the receipt is already printed out automatically but he doesn't want it but no one else can use it??

I buy wherever it is cheapest with 180000 litres a year it all adds up.

Now I am back to asking the grannys if I can have theirs, LOL.

Why dont you sign up for the BP gas card that gives you 2c a litre??
Old 19-01-2009, 06:37 AM   #44
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Why dont you sign up for the BP gas card that gives you 2c a litre??
2c? In Sydney it's 5%
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2009, 08:08 AM   #45
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

I can't believe you people who say ' wasting time lining up to save 4c at these shops are idiots', and then waste your time posting this drivel in this thread for no reason. Talk about wasting your life. You are all aware it doesn't add to your 'spam count'.
Go home, get a life, nothing to see here!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #46
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
I can't believe you people who say ' wasting time lining up to save 4c at these shops are idiots', and then waste your time posting this drivel in this thread for no reason. Talk about wasting your life. You are all aware it doesn't add to your 'spam count'.
Go home, get a life, nothing to see here!
LOL. Someone took 2 angry pills this morning.

You're misled if you believe shopping at Woolies to obtain and use 4c shopper dockets are saving you money.

You're a fool if you queue for an hour to benefit from your 4c shopper docket.

I shop at Woolies (for the convenience) but I fill up at BP (because my car prefers Ultimate). If you happen to use a 4c shopper docket at a free bowser then I see nothing wrong with it.

Drive by Liverpool Shell on a Tuesday and Wednesday night and the queue is *at least* an hour. I guarantee if I was to say to any one of those morons in that queue that I will give them $4 (that's double than what they're saving with the shopper docket) to sit in their driveway with their car running for an hour, they would flatly refuse.
Old 19-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #47
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
LOL. Someone took 2 angry pills this morning.

You're misled if you believe shopping at Woolies to obtain and use 4c shopper dockets are saving you money.

You're a fool if you queue for an hour to benefit from your 4c shopper docket.

I shop at Woolies (for the convenience) but I fill up at BP (because my car prefers Ultimate). If you happen to use a 4c shopper docket at a free bowser then I see nothing wrong with it.

Drive by Liverpool Shell on a Tuesday and Wednesday night and the queue is *at least* an hour. I guarantee if I was to say to any one of those morons in that queue that I will give them $4 (that's double than what they're saving with the shopper docket) to sit in their driveway with their car running for an hour, they would flatly refuse.
I don't diasgree. My wife works at Woolworths and we get the discount without spending anything. The Woolies fuel is always the cheapest in our area before the 4 cents discount. My car doesn't have a stick up its **** so it uses what fuel I tell it to. I do not drive out of my way for fuel, and I do not que for fuel.

My point is that half wits will waste there life bagging out these people who have such useless wasted existence, making them little better than those the are knocking.
What do they say, "Small minded people doing small minded things while small minded people look on"!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #48
Turbotory
SYTTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITO
Your missing the point so the oil companys can charge anything they like because your not cabable of doing it yourself??
''thats how businesses work'' lucky we all dont have that attitude or should we all rollover and cop it sweet.
so... what have you personally done lately to lower the price of oil?

I am the first to shop around when it comes to purchasing anything but apart from that there is very little anyone can do as an individual. My point is that we can either get worked up over it or we can get on with life. There's bigger problems out there than the price of petrol.
Turbotory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #49
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
2c? In Sydney it's 5%
Ah ok maybe they changed it or it different up there, last time I bought gas was in Feb 08 and that gave 2c/l off.
Old 19-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #50
timace

I save more doing my groceries at Aldi and filling up at my local BP than I'd get from shopping at Woolies and filling up at Caltex/Woolworths.

Plus, I do so few km per week that I really don't care. I could probably make my 52L of LPG last 3-4 weeks if I don't have to drive anywhere other than to/from work or up to the shops.

Quote:
2c? In Sydney it's 5%
Not the BP credit card (which you've gotta pay an annual fee of $70 or so for), BP has an Autogas rewards card which gives you 2c/L off for just filling out a form with your name and address (no cost).

Has a fixed expiry date at which point you can just request another one. Most BP service stations have the form and you can fill it out and get the card on the spot.

Last edited by timace; 19-01-2009 at 08:48 PM.
timace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #51
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by timace
Not the BP credit card (which you've gotta pay an annual fee of $70 or so for), BP has an Autogas rewards card which gives you 2c/L off for just filling out a form with your name and address (no cost).

Has a fixed expiry date at which point you can just request another one. Most BP service stations have the form and you can fill it out and get the card on the spot.
Ah. Didn't know about the Autogas rewards as I don't use gas.
Old 22-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #52
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

There are 2 different BP cards, the Autogas 2c one, anyone can get this and it gives you 2c off LPG, and the BP 5% credit card which needs a credit check and gets you 5% off petrol and anything in the shop I think.

I have an Autogas one, I even have a special taxi 3c off one, I dont want a credit card one for paperwork reasons but BP here is 12c a litre dearer for LPG so not using them now.

My whinge was why cant someone use the discounts rather than throwing them away, give them to the Ambos or Blue Nurses if you dont wnat private people to get them but why waste them
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2009, 09:31 AM   #53
bigdude1011

Luckily, as we own a Salary Sacrificed car, we don't have to worry about fuel vouchers. Unfortunately, we only have a Shell Card and a Star Card and buy petrol from the Shell nearby, or the Caltex across the road (from the Shell). Back when we had a Fleet card, we used to travel just out of state to the United.
That going, we take our car to Kmart for new tyres, $20 off a set is not bad, especially if you work for $9 an hour.
bigdude1011 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post