Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #31
Joshmcmillan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: My poor car. Brisbane storms. Advice needed :-(

If they do end up repairing the dents, get onto the free respray, yours sounds a lot worse than half the ones they respray!! I took my parents shockwave BA into the local Ford Dealer when it had small 5c coin sized pieces (about 3-4) pealing, you could make them peal more using duct tape (which was the test the dealer used)... 6 weeks later the car looked brand new and better than ever!

And FYI, I'd search for the thread's about the shockwave paint and find a dealer that someone has had their's resprayed by happily. As there is plenty of people dissapointed with their new paint.

FG XR6 Turbo, 6 Speed Manual, Silhouette .

12/78 XC Ford Fairmont Project Car. (351, 5spd)
Build Thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11444473

1968 Ford F350 LWB Dually. 300 Six, 4 speed. Beavertail project.

Joshmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #32
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Mate, from the info you gave and my past experience with AAMI twice. It will be written off.

Thats the bad news but the good news is that they will let you buy it back for SFA and you will end up with a nice amount in your pocket which you can use for anything including fixing the dents in your own time.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #33
BrisVegas
Noobie

mine's being assessed on Monday. Got caught in the storms Sunday arvo in the inner west of Brisbane. I'm almost hoping mine is written off, as long as I have the option of buying it back. I can live with the panel damage, it's a 4wd after all, as I've spent a heap on fixing my old truck up in the last couple of years. For the payout value, I'd have to invest money again on whatever replacement vehicle I got.

To the OP, good luck with the process.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #34
Matt5933

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
mine's being assessed on Monday. Got caught in the storms Sunday arvo in the inner west of Brisbane. I'm almost hoping mine is written off, as long as I have the option of buying it back. I can live with the panel damage, it's a 4wd after all, as I've spent a heap on fixing my old truck up in the last couple of years. For the payout value, I'd have to invest money again on whatever replacement vehicle I got.

To the OP, good luck with the process.
It will be sad if my car gets written off as it is a very well looked after and serviced vehicle but if that's what they want to do I guess its out of my hands. Went out and had another look today and 115 dents across 8 body panels and at least four will need repainting due to chipping of the original paint. Also they will have to factor in the ruined personalised number plates.

Where abouts in Brisbane west are you? I'm in Middle Park (4074) which apparently copped it the worst.
Matt5933 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #35
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford will not even look at it if insurance is involved. the insurance company will need to resolve your problem and I know what it's like as I had a 5 week old car go through the same thing years ago.
Just be aware your paint problem including dents rests with your insurer as the damage was nt caoused by Ford.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #36
BrisVegas
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt5933 View Post
Where abouts in Brisbane west are you? I'm in Middle Park (4074) which apparently copped it the worst.
I'm in Bardon, just the other side of Mt Cootha from you. The storm was pretty patchy. Friends at Windsor and Chapel Hill each got only small hail. We copped golf ball sized stuff. Friends in the house around the corner had their patio cover smashed to bits. We were very lucky the car windows weren't broken.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #37
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
I notice a garage door in the pic???

Enough said.
And your brain concluded that it must have been empty during a hail storm?

Enough said!
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: