Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #31
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FORD- needs to go 0% interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
These car companiese have finance teams who buy, sell parts and vehicles from all over the world and hedge currency fluctuations every day, this finance thing would be a piece of pee.
It is a "piece of pee" if you have a crystal ball & know what the dollar will do & when!!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #32
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Someones got to pay for it. Cant tell me theres enough margin in at camry at 28 kay to cover the finance cost alone.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #33
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
it sure sounds like a great idea...for the customer and selling numbers...but that doesnt mean its viable for them...espescially in the real world...where the struggle to get enough of any models except the local builds. Two and two together..its a stupid idea for rangers and all the small med and import cars. Would you be prepared to wait 6months for that cheaper finance car or would you still go the the other brands with no wait and cheap rates?????
So you be selective and offer cheap finance only on the locally manufactured models - Falcon and Territory only.

Seems to be what Toyota are doing.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #34
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If they are to do it January would be the perfect time, when sales are traditionally at their lowest. Good way to get Falcon off to a flying start to the year with 0% finance for one month only.
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #35
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archilino
If they are to do it January would be the perfect time, when sales are traditionally at their lowest. Good way to get Falcon off to a flying start to the year with 0% finance for one month only.
Yes on 2012 plate stock!
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #36
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another thing people are not looking at is the warranty period of the cars.

The brands are getting people into a new car which more than likely the dealership will be servicing.

They could sell someone a car that is around the same price and the car be out of warranty, people will tend to take the car to local mechanic and other places.

Get more people into a new car, car will come back for service, charge $500 a service, get the money you would on finance back in the service price.

These deals are there to get people back into the dealership, keeping the customer for a longer time.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #37
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Yes on 2012 plate stock!
It must makes sense to me, instead of the normal doom and gloom articles from the usual scribes in Febuary about low falcon sales etc this could be the shot in the arm it needs for the start of the year. Yep, I like it
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #38
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Except Factory closes down for two weeks and most buyers are on holidays or tapped out for money in January.
Jan and Feb are hard months for most carmakers, there's no getting around it.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #39
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
Another thing people are not looking at is the warranty period of the cars.

The brands are getting people into a new car which more than likely the dealership will be servicing.

They could sell someone a car that is around the same price and the car be out of warranty, people will tend to take the car to local mechanic and other places.

Get more people into a new car, car will come back for service, charge $500 a service, get the money you would on finance back in the service price.

These deals are there to get people back into the dealership, keeping the customer for a longer time.
thats why they do it. my gf is a lawyer for one of the big 4 accounting firm and has just finished a advice to toyota on this matter. toyota do not lose any money and they make a lot back in spare parts. i asked her for finer details but it went over my head
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #40
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Except Factory closes down for two weeks and most buyers are on holidays or tapped out for money in January.
Jan and Feb are hard months for most carmakers, there's no getting around it.

Ok, so best not try something to generate sales then - hang on, what?
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #41
1TUFFUTE
Banned

the main thing is...why would ford aus want to offer lower prices when they already are not getting enough models from overseas and selling everythimg at high retail prices as it is.. This means people would be limited to only the cheaper rate people are suggesting on the falcon and terri only. And it seems ford aus already has some scheme set in place for those two local models...maybe orders/$? coming from ford usa..maybe not...
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #42
Fez WQ

How it works

Ford - Use say Esanda for the loans for 0% interest
Esanda- Have a 3 year loan at the end of the loan if not paid out fully the 0% reverts to 15%

Lets face it thats how friends at Holden have done it at 0.5% interest

Holden still get upfront commission and Esandas loan book looks great and they get $2.50 monathy account keeping fee

So there u have it .........
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #43
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Best way is to act like you have a car loan and save the money in an account.

This is also at 0% interest.
Old 24-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #44
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle
Ok, so best not try something to generate sales then - hang on, what?
I'm just saying how it is.
Old 24-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #45
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez WQ
How it works

Esanda- Have a 3 year loan at the end of the loan if not paid out fully the 0% reverts to 15%

Holden still get upfront commission and Esandas loan book looks great and they get $2.50 monathy account keeping fee

What Holden were doing was selling the cars at full RRP and providing access to 0.5% finance with say, Esanda
What Holden would do is sell the debt to Esanda for less than the RRP, Esanda would finance at 0.5% for three years
and have a balloon of say 50% at the end .
So you only pay off half of the RRP, holden has a sale, and Esanda has money earned on your repayments.
Old 24-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #46
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
How it works

Quote:
What Holden were doing was selling the cars at full RRP and providing access to 0.5% finance with say, Esanda
What Holden would do is sell the debt to Esanda for less than the RRP, Esanda would finance at 0.5% for three years
and have a balloon of say 50% at the end .
So you only pay off half of the RRP, holden has a sale, and Esanda has money earned on your repayments.
That's it, all smoke and mirrors. Towards the end of the Holden campaign I was talking to a salesman at a large Holden dealership and he basically said it was bollocks.

He told me in that week they moved 30 odd Holdens of various types and only 1 went for the 0.5% deal. This shows me that most people saw straight through it.

If something like this were offered on the best deal you can negotiate rather than full RRP then you'd see some action.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #47
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman
That's it, all smoke and mirrors. Towards the end of the Holden campaign I was talking to a salesman at a large Holden dealership and he basically said it was bollocks.

He told me in that week they moved 30 odd Holdens of various types and only 1 went for the 0.5% deal. This shows me that most people saw straight through it.

If something like this were offered on the best deal you can negotiate rather than full RRP then you'd see some action.
Which is probably why Toyota's deal on Aurion looks much more genuine...discount price and 0% finance.
Old 24-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #48
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Ford needs to do something like this to spark some momentum, the pricing isn't bad at the moment and things still arnt moving, I was having a browse around a few weeks ago and couldn't believe what value was out the in regards to XR6T sedans and utes!
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #49
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Ford needs to do something like this to spark some momentum, the pricing isn't bad at the moment and things still arnt moving, I was having a browse around a few weeks ago and couldn't believe what value was out the in regards to XR6T sedans and utes!
And still people are not buying.
That says to me that things other than price are keeping people away from buying those products..

Would buyers consider an attractive 24/36 month lease deal with guaranteed buy back price?
Could be worth a try..
Old 24-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #50
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Sorry but why would you see straight through a finance offer?

It's cheaper money. Toyota's term is 48 months, and I believe for certain applicants they will even negotiate a residual for private buyers.
Old 24-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #51
Fez WQ

Toyota's deal is the best and Nissan's is great ..... But Ford just dont have a deal !!
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #52
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Toyota's deal is the best and Nissan's is great ..... But Ford just dont have a deal !!
Well, they dont have a deal this month, you can't have a deal every month. Last month (or was it the one befor) they were running the "plan & simple" $1000 cash back deal.
Old 25-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #53
pb02
inconceivable!

Quote:
All other car makers are doing this. Ford is doing it in the US but NOT here. When will Ford offer finance at 0% interest. I for one would snap up a new Focus
Ever heard of TAP? Go to the US and try and get one of these deals.. Everything there is based on credit score. I was talking to some mates there recently when I visited and they said most people don't qualify for the 0% and end up with something around the 2-3% range on car loans.
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #54
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Either way it's still good marketing.

0% for Toyota stays at 0% for the full term, I believe with each additional year over 3 for Nissan it increases by 1%.
Old 27-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #55
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That 0% financing applies to the full RRP of the vehicle, depends whether current discounts exceed the normal interest paid.
Bang on.

I wonder if Toyota or Nissan would offer me 0% finance on my home loan

These types of gimmicks have been going on for years and it amazes me no end that the wood ducks of the world still tumble in. Proof that there will always be people that fall for crap.
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #56
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUD
Either way it's still good marketing.

0% for Toyota stays at 0% for the full term, I believe with each additional year over 3 for Nissan it increases by 1%.
well it sounds like holden just burnt a wad of cash advertising a deal which according to the holden dealer above..netted then a whole lot of nothing in sales boosts.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #57
JG34JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
It is a "piece of pee" if you have a crystal ball & know what the dollar will do & when!!!
He said "hedge", not "predict". Different strategies/methodologies.
JG34JA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #58
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just saw a TV add for 2.9% interest on Fiesta!!
Old 15-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #59
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG34JA View Post
He said "hedge", not "predict". Different strategies/methodologies.
And that is EXACLTY what I'm talking about.. People only make money on hedges if they hedge the right way. The only way to do that, is to have a big crystal ball.

The company I work for has hedges in place for USD purchases & I look after this process locally, so I know all about hedges. Anyway, most companies use hedges to lock in rates (and then budget accordingly), & not to make money.
Old 16-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #60
4DBOSS
Starter Motor

most of these 0% finance now are the real deal

legitly 0% as the comparasons are like 0.1-0.5% (the fees)

the way they get u is, they sell the car at RRP no negotiations.

so they dont discount the car by say $3k, but give u $3-5k off interest cars (say for a 25k car) so technically only loosing out abit but still sellling their cars..
4DBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post