Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #31
stevz
Banned

Default Re: Cruze SRiV Not bad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
OOPS SORRY WRONG DECADE
SAME POOP FROM THE SAME BULL THOUGH!!!!
That would be like saying
this

is the same s*** as this

Last edited by stevz; 03-05-2011 at 12:48 AM.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 02:00 AM   #32
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its strange that it tends to sell so poorly in its "country of origin", as the Daewoo Lancetti. It consistently comes way down the list, even with a starting price of the equivalent of around $13000 Australian dollars.

Pos Model Feb
1 Kia Morning 12,294
2 Hyundai Grandeur 11,755
3 Hyundai Porter 7,581
4 Hyundai Sonata 7,498
5 Hyundai Avante 7,384
6 Kia K5 6,216
7 Samsung SM5 4,367
8 Hyundai Grand Starex 3,762
9 Kia Bongo 3,746
10 Daewoo Matiz Creative 3,588
11 Kia Sportage R 3,468
12 Hyundai Tucson ix 3,385
13 Kia Sorento R 3,308
14 Samsung SM3 3,011
15 Kia Forte 2,815
16 Kia Carnival 2,190
17 Hyundai Santa Fe 1,740
18 Daewoo Lacetti Premiere 1,738
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #33
aualright

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
Focus driving dynamics are good, just that the Seth efrican build quality isnt anything special.

Hopefully they both sell well.
But isn't this SRiV the top spec? That would put it up against the XR5T I would have thought.

Pretty sure the XR5T is built in Germany?

aualright is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #34
aualright

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
Its strange that it tends to sell so poorly in its "country of origin", as the Daewoo Lancetti. It consistently comes way down the list, even with a starting price of the equivalent of around $13000 Australian dollars.

Pos Model Feb
1 Kia Morning 12,294
2 Hyundai Grandeur 11,755
3 Hyundai Porter 7,581
4 Hyundai Sonata 7,498
5 Hyundai Avante 7,384
6 Kia K5 6,216
7 Samsung SM5 4,367
8 Hyundai Grand Starex 3,762
9 Kia Bongo 3,746
10 Daewoo Matiz Creative 3,588
11 Kia Sportage R 3,468
12 Hyundai Tucson ix 3,385
13 Kia Sorento R 3,308
14 Samsung SM3 3,011
15 Kia Forte 2,815
16 Kia Carnival 2,190
17 Hyundai Santa Fe 1,740
18 Daewoo Lacetti Premiere 1,738
The South Koreans are extremely loyal to South Korean brands so perhaps the fact that GM are trying to distance themselves from the name 'Daewoo' all over the globe has made that brand less 'local'.

To them it may now be perceived as an American and not South Korean company, hence the poor sales. I say this without knowing how Daewoo sales were before the takeover.

aualright is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #35
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright
But isn't this SRiV the top spec? That would put it up against the XR5T I would have thought.

Pretty sure the XR5T is built in Germany?

Yes the SRiV is top spec..but not classed as a sports car. It does have a 1.4l turbo motor. Not in the same class as the XR5.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #36
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Isn't Daewoo technically a subsidiary of GM Holden rather then GM US?
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #37
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Not in the same class as the XR5.
But it is the same price!

The Cruze lineup is way too expensive in my opinion, much better cars out there for the money .. the XR5 for one!

And yes .. the XR5 is built in Germany .. all the other Focus's come out of South Africa.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #38
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
There is no such thing as Daewoo, it no longer exists.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #39
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i would seriously like to know what's going through the mind of somebody who is considering spending $33k on a cruze...regardless of 'fruit'

the thing could be so 'fruity' that is blows me everytime i turn the key, wouldn't matter - it's still an ugly, average little snot box that the public will (and are) eat up with a spoon because a lion-pawing-a-ball-badge is on the front grille.

sorry, not when an xr6 or an sv6 (or focus) are alternatives (same price bracket).
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #40
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR6
i would seriously like to know what's going through the mind of somebody who is considering spending $33k on a cruze...regardless of 'fruit'

the thing could be so 'fruity' that is blows me everytime i turn the key, wouldn't matter - it's still an ugly, average little snot box that the public will (and are) eat up with a spoon because a lion-pawing-a-ball-badge is on the front grille.

sorry, not when an xr6 or an sv6 (or focus) are alternatives (same price bracket).
Why do people pay for ugly mazda 3 or a corolla or a Golf?
Holden and Ford are seen as bogan transport these days, sad to see.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #41
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Falcon and Commo are seen as bogan transport, and quite rightly.

Fiesta/Focus & the old EU Barina/Astra are seen as 2nd class euros, not quite as good or reliable as a Golf

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #42
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
corolla - like cruze, don't understand. only toyota's very attractive financing would get my attention (but one is critical that discouting would be non-existent when financing at advertised rates)

mazda 3 - meh. MPS has appeal (when it was available)

but golf - i get that! they are a very nice car with quality materials, fit and finish that falcon and commodore could only dream of !

still not sure why falc's and commodores are seen as bogan transport. I dont know about you but i don't often see too many bogans hanging out of FG Falcon's or VE commodores.
you might get a few in VK commodore wagons and the odd boofhead in the VR/VS with his seat reclined so far back you can just see the top of his backward-facing baseball cap...the severely overweight bloke in his dumped EA (are they dumped or are the springs struggling under the weight?)...but not the modern gear.
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #43
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So has anyone taken the SRI-V for a drive instead of talking about it? Current prices are under $30 for the manual drive away..

I am asking as I have come back from the Focus launch, a lovely new vehicle for Ford in coming. However, the series II Cruze is quite a package at a very reasonable price. I'd like some feedback on it. Not on the old model, I know the 1.8 is crap and the auto isn't much fun either, but the 1.4L SRi-V seems to tick many boxes and to be honest I'd like a drive of it to compare to Focus.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #44
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
The Cruze is nothing more than middle of the pack, i'd love to see how well it sold if it had a Daewoo badge and not a Holden one.
Compare Daewoo Kalos sales to "Holden Barina" sales...case in point.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #45
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate's father had a Camira for 20 years.
They were not all bad...the didn't get it any good until JD and by then, it was too late!

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #46
ACEz

It's made in Oz so atleast it "supports" Australimericans.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:31 AM   #47
kpcart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR6

what you think is ugly doesnt correspond to the general populations view. the cruze looks great, even if you hate the fact they put a holden badge on it (which you have implied your hatred towards). i drive a ford, ive owned 5 fords, and i think the holden badge that you are sneering about, looks nicer, as does all their current cars. people who buy this would not consider an xr6 as an alternative, because it is too big for them, and uses too much fuel, and has a different image associated with it (bogan).

It is pretty cheap and pathetic of you to ask what is going through the mind of those people who buy it. you have to realise people buy cars according to their needs and their taste, and also fashion and image. an xr6 like in your username, you must realise is only suitable to about 5% of the population. most people dont want a big car with a big engine anymore, and in terms of fashion, the xr6 is considered a low class car because most of its drivers are bogans. the cruze is not a bogan car, so will probably sell more then the xr6, and just because it isnt as good as another car, that does not mean it isnt a good car, infact it is a bloody good car. the person that will buy this car in the top spec is not someone who goes to the drags on a friday night, or does standstill burnouts to annoy everyone, or who cares how fast it does in a quarter mile. it is for a different class of person which you probably have never met.
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #48
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
what you think is ugly doesnt correspond to the general populations view. the cruze looks great, even if you hate the fact they put a holden badge on it (which you have implied your hatred towards). i drive a ford, ive owned 5 fords, and i think the holden badge that you are sneering about, looks nicer, as does all their current cars. people who buy this would not consider an xr6 as an alternative, because it is too big for them, and uses too much fuel, and has a different image associated with it (bogan).

It is pretty cheap and pathetic of you to ask what is going through the mind of those people who buy it. you have to realise people buy cars according to their needs and their taste, and also fashion and image. an xr6 like in your username, you must realise is only suitable to about 5% of the population. most people dont want a big car with a big engine anymore, and in terms of fashion, the xr6 is considered a low class car because most of its drivers are bogans. the cruze is not a bogan car, so will probably sell more then the xr6, and just because it isnt as good as another car, that does not mean it isnt a good car, infact it is a bloody good car. the person that will buy this car in the top spec is not someone who goes to the drags on a friday night, or does standstill burnouts to annoy everyone, or who cares how fast it does in a quarter mile. it is for a different class of person which you probably have never met.
You are stereotyping which is no different to shooting down a vehicles worth based on looks alone?
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #49
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
what you think is ugly doesnt correspond to the general populations view.
Quote:
the cruze looks great,
Hypocrite.

Quote:
and in terms of fashion, the xr6 is considered a low class car because most of its drivers are bogans.
Stereotyping, yeah nice one
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #50
Tobey
BF Ute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
My Mother-in-Law's is still from Japan. 2010 Conquest Sedan. It has a JT Vin.

From what I knew, only the superseded Wagon was from South Africa, but, because of a lack of sales, it was killed off in about 2005. The Aurius/Corolla duo is still from Japan.

The sportivo's were made in SA as well as the ~03/04 base models. The SA ones were renowned for chewing out brake rotors...
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #51
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I asked the question for feedback on the Holden Cruze SRI-V, I didn't ask for a slagging match or off the topic comments, otherwise let this thread slide to the bottom.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #52
Chopped
as in chopped

Battle of the eco cars !
Cruze Eco vs Jetta TDI vs Civic Hybrid >

1st
2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
The Cruze Eco may not use electricity or diesel, but it's the least expensive and offers a high-tech turbo gas engine, great transmission, well-appointed interior and crisp driving dynamics, which makes it the best overall package.

2nd
2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
The Jetta's oil-burning heart of gold makes for effortless efficiency while still being pretty good to drive. It's an eminently practical package, but a shame the rest of the car is so dull.

3rd
2012 Honda Civic Hybrid
Honda's all-new Civic Hybrid is still a worthy contender in the segment, but it's proof positive that simply having a few extra batteries on board doesn't make for a champion fuel-miser.
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/06/h...gen/#continued

I'm surprised it beat the Jetta. I know which I would prefer.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #53
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
if memory serves holden bought on behalf of GMNA and handed it over in 2006..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #54
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t
I asked the question for feedback on the Holden Cruze SRI-V, I didn't ask for a slagging match or off the topic comments, otherwise let this thread slide to the bottom.
This is how all AFF threads end up

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #55
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t
well to be obvious not many if any will test drive due to the badge.

maybe suss out gm insiders or just commodores, they certainly test driven..
Old 07-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #56
SteveJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz

If I was looking for a car in that size range i'd definately test drive it.

If its comparable in price and equipment to the competition i'd rather purchase something built or assembled in Australia over something built overseas.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:01 AM   #57
kpcart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz

that will happen in a ford forum, you get the ford fanboys who slag off any holden product, and then you get people (like me at times i must admit) who cant help themselves and start a slanging match over the ford favouratism, i know im guilty of it.

if wanting an oppinion on anything non ford, its best to find car forums which are neutral and not biased to one company. if you want an oppinion of a holden car, it is best not to seek it in a ford forum, and also not to seek it in a holden forum. both are too biased. seek a neutral car forum. (where unfortunantly you still have the same brand-name biased idiots trolling the forums to try to discourage everyone from buy car x because they think their oppion is worth more then anyone elses).

brand name loyalty is appaling in the motoring scene, there are so many people who can not appreciate cars for what they are, but only for what label they carry.
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #58
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cruze sedan does not offer any more flexibilty of body shape than xr6 or sv6 - they are all sedans.
Cruze is selling in great numbers and people wait for delivery for more then 3 months .
In my opinion it is a great looking small sedan but not better than its competition - sales are mostly due to Holden local build of the car.
Put a different badge on it and it would not sell. Mechanically it is typical gm product - i am surprised that diesel version is not talked about more - it seems to have a good outputs on paper - anyone driven one ?
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #59
SteveJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoDog68
Cruze sedan does not offer any more flexibilty of body shape than xr6 or sv6 - they are all sedans.
Its considerably cheaper though. And arent holden supposed to be bringing out a hatchback varient?
Old 08-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #60
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoDog68
Cruze is selling in great numbers and people wait for delivery for more then 3 months .
In my opinion it is a great looking small sedan but not better than its competition - sales are mostly due to Holden local build of the car.
Put a different badge on it and it would not sell. Mechanically it is typical gm product - i am surprised that diesel version is not talked about more - it seems to have a good outputs on paper - anyone driven one ?
well they both go well, both diesel.
one is a 2010 CD daewoo made holden 50,000k's, the other is a 2011 CDX holden made 9,000k's.
i use diesel as it's tax deductible tpt fuel.
being central coast it's hill climb and i average 6.0/100.
the 6A gearbox is perfect for the diesel as it shift early keeping the engine in the torque range and never gets confused.
the only gripe is the OEM steer tires only lasted 35,000k's, looking better with federal brand so far.