Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-03-2006, 03:16 AM   #31
jjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb
Thanks for you detailed numbered list... now you realise I must respond you know you can't do a numbered list to someone without getting a response

1) If that's the case can you explain why I am making over 140rwkw and still geting 450-500kms per tank with stock ecu? I've had many other setups and I never got the fuel economy I get now when it was stock. Pod filter in the engine bay the car felt a bit sluggish. I've also tried pod filter directly on the throttle body which had great throttle response but the power was even more sluggish. I've got a non factory fitted ED trip computer in the car (your point? you don't need a trip computer to know how many kms you get to a tank)

2) Sitting in heavy traffic is worst for a pod in the engine bay... think of all the hot air just sitting around it that it will be sucking in. With a cold air intake you are still sucking in cooler air from outside the engine bay. So I can't see your logic in that.

3) Possibly? Can't comment on this because I havn't tried it. I'm still using the factory intake pipe.

4) I actually agree with you, I havn't seen the blanket you are talking about but it sounds like it would work well (will you run 13s now with your awesome skyline intake?). There are still better setups though... Like Kerry (TIKFD6) has made a custom box out of carbon fibre which looks and would work great.

Just a quick question,

1) Does your car run after market davies craig thermo fans, with one pulling air from the front of the car and the other one blowing air from radiator shroud out too bumper, relayed to run full boar.

2) And have you removed the lower plastic gaurd shroud that goes from the bottom radiator support panel to the start of the sump. (First mod verified in a number of mags about decreasing under bonnet temps)

If not, then your assumptions for question2 cannot be verified by your results on your car?
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #32
neb
hibernating

I run el thermo fans controlled with the davies craigh thermo switch. When they turn on they both blow air towards the engine.

The lower plastic guard has never been on my car since I got it... so thats not an issue.
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2006, 12:32 AM   #33
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo74
yeah putting a pod filter on will give you around 245 rwk....oh!and they run HEAPS cooler when you take the box off!...do your research retard...oh hang on..your a p plater with an i6 right...and you want people to ooh and ahh over a pod filter...hmm...ok
If you have not got any thinging good to say tommo dont bother!!

Thanks for the info guys helps heaps (especially jjj)

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post