Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #31
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
You fought the tree stump for 3 days?
No. I was hung over for 3 days.

One of my mates said, I started punching into a tree stump. lol
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 08:28 PM   #32
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

deleted to protect my integrity.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 08:29 PM   #33
Jestr75
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I sat in a shopping trolley one night while a mate pushed me along a road and through a roundabout where we cut off a police car that was turning around the roundabout. WE GOT PULLED OVER.

When you are dead, You don't know that you are dead
Only those around you know you are dead.
It's the same when you are STUPID!!!
Jestr75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 08:51 PM   #34
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruntmonkee
I sat in a shopping trolley one night while a mate pushed me along a road and through a roundabout where we cut off a police car that was turning around the roundabout. WE GOT PULLED OVER.
Get defected?

LOL that would have been a funny sight to see.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 08:52 PM   #35
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

My latest was falling through a shed roller door 2 weekends ago while wasted and damaging the door and rails. Another one was cooking heinz big eat ravioli in a camp fire while drunk and cooking it for too long and then opening it, got covered in burning bolignaise sauce and damn it hurt.
Old 17-10-2006, 08:54 PM   #36
damo03
BBQ gas User

Bought 3 XF's!
Old 17-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #37
Jestr75
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Get defected?

LOL that would have been a funny sight to see.
You would think it would have been funny!
Depends on which uniform you were wearing i suppose.

When you are dead, You don't know that you are dead
Only those around you know you are dead.
It's the same when you are STUPID!!!
Jestr75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 09:02 PM   #38
It'sTheVibe

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
Bought Telstra Shares??!!
If they were T1 shares, then that's ok as long as you sold them just before T2.

Took a 1976 Celica up to well over 200kmh (speedo only read to 200).
It was all over the (closed for test purposes) road, with the front end so light I had stuff all control. Afterwards I realised how easy that would have been to lose in a big, big way, and actually felt sick.

Aaah, the invincibility of youth. :togo:
It'sTheVibe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 09:20 PM   #39
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

me and dad built a spud gun and we were taking it camping i was mucking around aimed it at the rear window of dads hilux while i was standing in the back not knowing my ******** brother had loaded it and not shot it. Went through the back and out the front windscreen. Dad came ou and i was just standing there like....krap, nah it wasnt me?

I have alot of anger problems and when i was 10 my sister said something to me so i picked up a hand weeder thing with points and it and threw it at her didnt mean to hit her but it went right into the back of her leg.....

Trying to spray my mate with dirt on my dirtbike and came off and SNAPPED my ankle almost clean. 5km ride back through the roughest bush you have ever seen.

Stabbed my new fishing knife into the jetty BLADE UP and was on an angle my mate stepped on it and his foot slid down it. Man that was a mess.

3 years ago took a 1.6 Pulsar to the 195km speed limiter on it the road had mass ditches in it EVERYWERE we went past the other day and both said almost at the same time what a stupid idea that was.
Old 17-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #40
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Joined this stupid bloody ADDICTIVE forum
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #41
YuGoStaR
Long Member

We threw a small block of solid sodium into the pond at uni last year, about the size of a cigarette packet. When solid sodium comes into contact with water it basically explodes, now that was hilarious.
Old 17-10-2006, 10:11 PM   #42
jcxr
Tribal Elder

So your the one.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 11:03 PM   #43
Electric
F6 and AU Fairmont

Was fitting an aux fuel tank to an F100, whilst holding the filler against the panel to drill a hole to rivet it on.....

I used my cordless drill and a 5mm bit to drill a hole right thru my thumb, huge gash in the top, and a neat little x on the bottom...

I learnt about anatomy, the blood leaves your heart, one artery go's to your brain, one to the rest of your body and one directly to each thumb....blood went everywhere, squirt squirt...
Old 18-10-2006, 12:15 AM   #44
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

stupidest thing 1.
one time while drunk, i decided to get out the cross bow and try to shoot mice, it was a good idea at the time, anyways, i saw them running along the beams on the shed wall, so i shot at it, missed and the arrow went straight through the tin and into the missus's car. as if that wasnt bad enough... the damn thing wouldnt come out...
stupidest thing 2.
bought a series 1 EA
stupidest thing 3.
chopped springs in EA and hit train tracks at 100km/h. 3 struts and a new fuel tank later, it was all good...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 12:39 AM   #45
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

1/
When getting a house built in W/Sydney , went to cut down a tree in the back corner of the yard (was leaning over neighbours fence/house) before they built the house . Hooked a 4x4 across the back yard to pull the tree across the yard .... Ok , hooked my car on a "shortish" rope on the driveway so it wouldn't fall across rear fence . Tree fell UP the driveway , nearly had a Convertable :yeees: , I had to climb in amongst the leaves & small limbs to remove the car . Lucky it was an old Hack , but no damage.

2/
Same house , just moved in & the Mrs wanted a towel rail at the end of the Bath . While drilling a hole for a 'toggle-bolt" I thought "that felt funny" , stood back to have a look , Mmmm , sliding door cavity & the door was OPEN , there's probably still a 3/8 hole in the sliding door.

3/
Mate had a Hairdressing shop & was having trouble with the switch on the clothes dryer door , so went to check it out for him . Said to him " pull the plug on the power for the dryer " , Ok done . I unscrewed the switch , put both thumbs on the switch to see if anything was loose -------BANG -----While picking myself up off the floor ..........
He'd unplugged a HAIR dryer , not the Clothes dryer , Daaaaaa :

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #46
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric
Was fitting an aux fuel tank to an F100, whilst holding the filler against the panel to drill a hole to rivet it on.....

I used my cordless drill and a 5mm bit to drill a hole right thru my thumb, huge gash in the top, and a neat little x on the bottom...

I learnt about anatomy, the blood leaves your heart, one artery go's to your brain, one to the rest of your body and one directly to each thumb....blood went everywhere, squirt squirt...
i feal sick.
Old 18-10-2006, 02:10 PM   #47
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Me and a mate of mine were in his VL doing about 140-150 in the rain when he first got his car as you do when your that young and dumb. Went around a slight bend but his rear tyres were bold and the back slid out he just managed to get it back.

We have been talking about that night to this day and what would of happened if all those big gum trees on the other side of the road would of jumped out.
Old 18-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #48
hamo
since the beginning

I Once 'Topped up' my mrs's old laser with a full 5L of oil. She called panicking on the freeway, saying theres oil and smoke ****ing out everywhere!! When I picked her up from the mechanics in my ute, the guy told me 'never to touch the oil in this thing'.

Stupidiest thing i've seen: My dads old mate making me a billy kart. He was sitting on the ground with his legs apart........drilling. Drill slipped and went straight through his nuts. Skin was stuck on the drill, I took off up the street terrified.

Always Autotech
hamo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 03:04 PM   #49
It'sTheVibe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamo
Drill slipped and went straight through his nuts.

Oooww... :

New poll. How many guys involuntarily clenched their knees together when they read that??
It'sTheVibe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 03:09 PM   #50
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

VB...yep...I've done that. With regrets.
Went to the Geelong Football Club best and fairest a couple of weeks ago at the Crown Palladium. I asked for a beer. They assumed I wanted VB. The beer had no head. My initial impression was, "it looks like he ****ed in my glass". I took one sip, and said, "yep, he ****ed in my glass." It was VB. Worst damn beer I ever had.

But stupidest thing I did?

Lighting fires. In year 9 I got an entire year's worth of books and papers, went to my local shopping centre, went to the stairwell, put it in a nice pile and lit it. The stairwell was smokey for a long time and as a result of my actions (I had done lots of other stuff prior), the stairwells were patrolled frequently and Bilo refused sales of matches to anybody under 18. 10 boxes for 30 cents every Friday. Hmm...it all adds up.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #51
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sTheVibe
Oooww... :

New poll. How many guys involuntarily clenched their knees together when they read that??
I didn't.

I just thought about the pain, and all the little spermies that died unnecessarily.

Oh, the spermanity of it all!
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 03:22 PM   #52
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Much up assembly for year 12 we made a "Jackass" video. Had heaps of footage but wanted a big finsh. So..

Few cartons of beers + Bundy + few mates + trolly + really big hill + night time = broken toe, finger, knocked out big-fella.

It was cool until i hit tree down the end of the street. My mates were too pi$$ed to get up from laughing and see if i was ok so i spent a lil while half in the trolly, half on the grass. It was all good though because i didnt spill much of my beer.

That was one of the dumbest, the dumbest would be showing my parents the footage lol..

I regreted doing it at the time, for ages. I was very lucky nothing more serious happened, but it makes for a good story now. I am sure as heck not doing it again..

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 03:34 PM   #53
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy-au
Much up assembly for year 12 we made a "Jackass" video. Had heaps of footage but wanted a big finsh. So..

Few cartons of beers + Bundy + few mates + trolly + really big hill + night time = broken toe, finger, knocked out big-fella.

It was cool until i hit tree down the end of the street. My mates were too pi$$ed to get up from laughing and see if i was ok so i spent a lil while half in the trolly, half on the grass. It was all good though because i didnt spill much of my beer.

That was one of the dumbest, the dumbest would be showing my parents the footage lol..

I regreted doing it at the time, for ages. I was very lucky nothing more serious happened, but it makes for a good story now. I am sure as heck not doing it again..
bwahahahahaha! was it stanley street?!

note to self: get matt a trolley at AFD :Reverend:
Old 18-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #54
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
But stupidest thing I did?

Lighting fires. In year 9 I got an entire year's worth of books and papers, went to my local shopping centre, went to the stairwell, put it in a nice pile and lit it. The stairwell was smokey for a long time and as a result of my actions (I had done lots of other stuff prior), the stairwells were patrolled frequently and Bilo refused sales of matches to anybody under 18. 10 boxes for 30 cents every Friday. Hmm...it all adds up.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!!
Old 18-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #55
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

A friend of mine her dad was cutting a log on the ground with a chain saw slipped and went halfway through his leg.

I was cutting wood one day and missed the flippin wood axe went into my shin.
Old 18-10-2006, 06:13 PM   #56
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamo
Stupidiest thing i've seen: My dads old mate making me a billy kart. He was sitting on the ground with his legs apart........drilling. Drill slipped and went straight through his nuts. Skin was stuck on the drill, I took off up the street terrified.
Although not done buy a mmeber this deservs an honerable mention as the funniest one

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #57
aumexican

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVO_XR6
Almost brought a VN commy!!
I actually did. I bought 1 of the first v8 crummydores out when it was a few years old!! :

I should have known, the deal was too good to be true :
aumexican is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 07:37 PM   #58
Dezza
Parts bin special

1. Was carrying a heap of pieces of wood with metal blades in them. They are used as presses for cardboard boxes / packaging etc. Anyway, one of them slipped and I instinctively tried to catch it. The blade went right down to the bone, and the finger hasn't worked the same since

2. Not going to the doctor right after the previously mentioned incident. By now there wouldn't be much hope of getting the finger fully operational. I thought it was OK but I was wrong

3. Pulling out in front of an XH XR6 ute. The ute was a writeoff. The EA spent two months off the road getting the entire front end rebuilt :

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 07:56 PM   #59
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Was having a slumber party at a mates and was taking the trundle bed to his house, 3 houses down.. We decided that it would be fun to ride it down the hill instead of carrying it.. My mate climbed on and I got a run up and dove onto it like a young fellow does to a slippery slide. Well the poor little plastic castors, the steep incline of the road and uncontrollable 4 wheel steering meant we zoomed past his house and were picking up quite abit of speed as we sailed toward the intersection at the bottom of the hill..

The call was made to abandon ship, we rolled off and tumbled along the road. My mate put his teeth threw his bottom lip and I had gravel rash from my ankle to my ar$e.. Oddly enough the bed went thru the intersection, missing everything and smashing into the gutter :P

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #60
dmat2391
the average bloke

12 years old with mate set up club house in back yard behind the old mans work shed. Light fire against wall of aforementioned work shed. Talk to mate lets put a glass bottle of wine on fire and watch it explode. Off to hospital massive gash in leg literally carried by my 5ft midget mum in her arms (man! is she strong when her kids are in trouble). Next day Dad checks out what we were up to and promptly proceeds to beat me to an inch of my life... Behind that fibro wall was about 500 ltr of thinners and other combustible chemicals.
that happened almost 20 yrs ago and it still gives me the heeby geebies (dad's beating.. not the gash.)
dmat2391 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post