Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #31
ayeyew
Teh Baest

You could always say that it has been more than 3 hours since you did the burnout.. 99% sure they have to do a breath/blood test within 3 hours of driving.

If you grant them permission on to private property, Section 49 of the road safety act does not distinguish between public and private property, merely stating

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if he or she-

(a) drives a motor vehicle or is in charge of a motor vehicle while under
the influence of intoxicating liquor or of any drug to such an extent
as to be incapable of having proper control of the motor vehicle; or

(b) drives a motor vehicle or is in charge of a motor vehicle while the
prescribed concentration of alcohol or more than the prescribed
concentration of alcohol is present in his or her blood or breath; or

(ba) drives a motor vehicle or is in charge of a motor vehicle while
impaired by a drug;

etc...

Your mate could have been charged under Section 65A - Improper use of a motor vehicle,

not careless driving though, as that states the driving must be done on a public road.

Probably not dangerous driving, as that has to be dangerous to the 'public'

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )

Last edited by ayeyew; 07-07-2008 at 06:51 PM.
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #32
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

thanks for the info protd!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:26 PM   #33
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahh yes the old shed burnout, done way to many to remeber, I have VERY good neighbours.

I didn't think I could have been done for DUI tho! Noise fair enough but DUI!

Is my property I should be allowed to do what it want! (following the 7 commandments of course!)
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #34
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
You can be booked for everything mentioned in this thread.

careless, reckless, dangerous, .05......

your just on home turf, not in international waters......

See - you get drunk, have your mates around, silly stuff happens, someone gets drunk and makes a mistake, someone dies.....trust me, the cops will find out who is criminally responsible.

If the offence is classified as indictable, its even worse. If people are going to get drunk and play with cars its my hope that the police DO get involved............

Cant turn back time and unwind a horrible mistake.........prevention is best cure.
Does that mean paddock bashing is illegal?
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #35
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fairly sure that if ya cutting nut's on a 3000 acre farm you are rite, It's when it's on a house sized block or small industrial yard that you will have problems.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:02 PM   #36
Parfrey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wouldn't it be just the same as driving in a paddock, just because its not in a built up area shouldn't make a difference. (apart from annoying people)
Otherwise you could get done for riding your dirtbike on your own land and stuff like that???..
Parfrey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2008, 12:26 AM   #37
futura888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhxrsix
Wouldn't it be just the same as driving in a paddock, just because its not in a built up area shouldn't make a difference. (apart from annoying people)
Otherwise you could get done for riding your dirtbike on your own land and stuff like that???..
Actually,funny you say that,one of my mate's and myself got a visit from the local officer not long ago saying that the noise and dust from the rally cars and dirt bikes was disturbing the neighbours on the next block???can't even have fun on your own land these day's.
futura888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #38
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura888
Actually,funny you say that,one of my mate's and myself got a visit from the local officer not long ago saying that the noise and dust from the rally cars and dirt bikes was disturbing the neighbours on the next block???can't even have fun on your own land these day's.
Obviously you should be able to have a reasonable amount of car/bike fun on your own property, particularly if it's a decent size... But you do need to be a bit considerate of your neighbours, even if they don't call the cops. Ultimately, these are the people who might be around when there's someone dodgy hanging around when you're not home, or if the house catches fire or something.

We've got a small weekender up the coast, and the neighbours we used to have were heavily in to dirt bikes. I didn't really mind them inviting half a dozen mates with loud two strokes over for a Sunday blat, even if I was trying to relax at the time...

However, when old son would fire up his KTM dirt-squirter and do laps of the same short track around the boundary of his property at full noise for hour after hour (to the point where I could actually visualise every turn and gearchange from inside the house), the relationship became a bit strained.

Not that I can talk. :P

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #39
JPDyno

At Springnats one year, A guy lit 'em up in the driveway of our motel in a blown monaro when the booze bus was parked not 50m up the road. By the time he parked the car the cops were already there ready to write a ticket. The old lady owner of the Motel comes out and tells the cops that they are on private property and unless they've got a warrant or something official, to get the hell out.

Obviously, I doubt she knows the law very well, But she did a great job and had everyones respect. I always stay at the hotel when i go to shep now.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention, about the 'underground' parties in industrial sites.. Street machine got reamed for publishing a couple of articles on an annual secret underground party that alot of big money showcar and racing names attend and burning various rubber, blowing up engines and all that general car-related hoo-haa.
JPDyno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #40
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

[QUOTE=JPDyno]At Springnats one year, A guy lit 'em up in the driveway of our motel in a blown monaro when the booze bus was parked not 50m up the road. By the time he parked the car the cops were already there ready to write a ticket. The old lady owner of the Motel comes out and tells the cops that they are on private property and unless they've got a warrant or something official, to get the hell out.

Obviously, I doubt she knows the law very well, But she did a great job and had everyones respect. I always stay at the hotel when i go to shep now.

That sounds like my mum, exactly what she'd do!

Then she'd get hold of the driver of the munro and give his ear 'ole a twist, and not to do it again...........................

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #41
JPDyno

[QUOTE=tex]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPDyno
At Springnats one year, A guy lit 'em up in the driveway of our motel in a blown monaro when the booze bus was parked not 50m up the road. By the time he parked the car the cops were already there ready to write a ticket. The old lady owner of the Motel comes out and tells the cops that they are on private property and unless they've got a warrant or something official, to get the hell out.

That sounds like my mum, exactly what she'd do!

Then she'd get hold of the driver of the munro and give his ear 'ole a twist, and not to do it again...........................
LOL... come to think of it, My mother aswell. We have an engine reconditioners in Geelong. She generally threatens to put up peoples bills if they do burnouts in the street the shop is in. But she is also very defensive of young car enthusiests out having fun, particularly from over-zealous constabulary
Old 08-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #42
Plugg3r
Bogan w/ Wheels?

Hehe, The best thing about being a country guy.. The unlimited laws of acres of grass and dirt.

The only thing that can end the buzz is running out of fuel, blown tires or your old man finding out.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #43
The Monty
Just slidin'

Oh yeahh. We live in Brisbane, and used to do handbrakies in the back yard, reverse doughnuts etc (when it was wet) in my mates Suzuki hatch, 3 cylinder 550cc, no exhaust, 12 am at night. We lived in Mt Gravatt, so HEAAPPSS of people, used to do it all the time, never one complaint, and that thing was damn loud.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #44
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

We used to do that at my mates house, he has a VS 5L 5sp ute with a single 3' exhaust. We would have afew beers and then he would pull a few skids in his garage (locked and door down) was stupid i know. Mind you we couldnt see anything afterwards but the neighbours didnt like us much anyway (before the skids) but was fun none the less.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #45
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

In Victoria most offences covered under the Road Safety Act 1986, Road Rules General Regs, Road Rules Vehicle Regs and Road Rules Drivers Regs only apply to a highway, which includes roads and road related places. But two offences come to mind that can be anywhere and they are drive manner dangerous and drive speed dangerous. There may be some others. The EPA will surely cover the noise and some common law powers such as breach of the peace would empower police to act.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #46
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

well i have a nitro monster truck, and my neighbours hate me, but love the truck... go figure! I wonder what a town of car enthusiasts would do?

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #47
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you'll find Drink driving laws cover a larger scope of jurisdiction...

Old 08-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #48
futura888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Obviously you should be able to have a reasonable amount of car/bike fun on your own property, particularly if it's a decent size... But you do need to be a bit considerate of your neighbours, even if they don't call the cops. Ultimately, these are the people who might be around when there's someone dodgy hanging around when you're not home, or if the house catches fire or something.
Yeah we alway's tried to show a bit of consideration to the neighbours,but it was alway's the same one who had it in for us,he'd alway's be watching us waiting for a reason to make the call,none of the other neighbours had a problem with us running amock,they often watched us from their block with smiles on their faces(especially when we rolled our ta22 celica ).
Old 08-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #49
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

A quick flick through part 5 of the RSA and as someone mentioned previously does not mention the offence having to be committed on a highway. So expca offences and diu offences could occur on private property.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #50
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura888
Yeah we alway's tried to show a bit of consideration to the neighbours,but it was alway's the same one who had it in for us,he'd alway's be watching us waiting for a reason to make the call,none of the other neighbours had a problem with us running amock,they often watched us from their block with smiles on their faces(especially when we rolled our ta22 celica ).
Sounds like fun! How big is the block?
DDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #51
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPDyno

EDIT:
I forgot to mention, about the 'underground' parties in industrial sites.. Street machine got reamed for publishing a couple of articles on an annual secret underground party that alot of big money showcar and racing names attend and burning various rubber, blowing up engines and all that general car-related hoo-haa.
When exactly did Street Machine get reamed? :

Never happened, and I'd know. I work for the magazine and I was at the last "shed party" in person.
blownvn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2008, 11:14 PM   #52
andrewr

How does it go if the cars not registered? I'm not encouraging DD, but I can't see how on your own property with an unlicenced car (or bike or quad) you can be charged.. Meh.
andrewr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2008, 11:38 PM   #53
futura888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan635
Sounds like fun! How big is the block?
hey dan,it's a pretty big block up in morgan(in the riverland for interstaters)
best weekend i have ever had,dirtbike riding,jumping our celica that we bought for $49.50(funny story to go with that haha)then rolling it at 60kph:.

But back on topic,it is the right of the neighbours if they decide that you are being rowdy and disturbing the peace,some people don't mind but the majority do,if it is in a residential area whether it be private property or not,i think doing burnouts is rude and disrespectful to other people in the area,you might as well go out and do it on the street,if your on a block go for gold...btw if we got up to our shenanigans in a residential area,we'd be shot at .
Old 09-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #54
JPDyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownvn
When exactly did Street Machine get reamed? :

Never happened, and I'd know. I work for the magazine and I was at the last "shed party" in person.
In the letter sections, both times they published articles about it there were 3 or more published letters the next month from people abusing them over it. condoning 'hooning' behaivour and such. Publishing that many letters led me to believe there were alot more still in the mailbag.

But whatever man, I didnt say i had the hairy details, i just call it as i see it. No need to get in a huff about it.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #55
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, I was caught doing a backyard burnout in my Suzuki Mighty Boy back in 99. The officer asked me if I had been drinking. I replied " Yeh, Ive had 5 stubbies of VB, a can of Orange UDL plus a glass of West Coast Cooler.
"Right!" He said. "Im going to breathalize you!!"
"Why?" I asked. "Dont you believe me!?"

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #56
Plugg3r
Bogan w/ Wheels?

The thing I want to know is if a kid is driving a car on a private bit of property has no license and hasnt been drinking is this against the law?

If so they better arrest half of australia hey?
Old 09-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #57
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

are they not already arresting half of australia?

when i get my licence back, i'll still be walking

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #58
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Some people are really showing their age and/or level of maturity with there comments here.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #59
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

only a few months ago the news made mention of a bloke booked for drink driving on his own 40 acre block,
i thought it was crap but apparently they can and do book people on their own land for driving offence's
GO QUEENSLAND
POLICE STATE RULES.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #60
dave289
Banned

If your on your own property you should be able to do what you want when you want this is why you buy your own land.The police should not be on your property without a search warrant.My cousins used to drive a ute over ten kms on their property to get to the main road to catch the school bus every morning when they were only 12 years old.They were not licensed and were not booked because they were driving on their own property not on public roads, so I guess that means the rules that apply to the road do not apply to private property so you should be able to have a few beers and do burnouts to your hearts desire.The only thing they should be able to get you on is noise complaints from anybody who has complained about it otherwise get off my property and mind your own buisiness I say.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post