Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #31
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_Turbs
Drink Driving Penalties are mandatory in Victoria, have been for a couple of years now, so if he's guilty he gets the same as everyone else, no more, no less.
Not sure about no more, no less. I sat in court and watched 5 drink driving cases before mine and i dead set thought i was going to jail infact my solicitor told me that we had a change of magistrates 2 minutes before going into the courtroom and he said if it wasn't changed, i likely would have gone in but i was lucky and ended up with a not to bad result. Some verdicts are worse than others, just depends on who your standing in front of.
BZINGA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #32
MRJUCY
Fordless

It's just lucky he didn't kill anyone, hopefully we wont have to worry about the moron being on the road for at least another 3 years or so.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 06:30 PM   #33
XRated
Shoot.

Well the mandatory loss of licence for his reading will be 12 months. Being on his Ps it should be tougher again. He will definitely have to have an interlock system once he gets his licence back.

The laws changed from 1st of January this year, so he should get a decent fine too (probably won't matter much to him).

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #34
The Monty
Just slidin'

My mate got done exactly the same way, blew the same (.12), crashed into an embankment. No-one hurt but himself. 2 years loss of license and $500 fine, no previous offences. He has now learnt. Thats the sort of repurcussions Bracks's kid needs.
Old 13-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #35
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

If i remember correctly Jeff Kennet's son also got into trouble whilst his daddy was premier. LOL at Stop panicking everybody, Steve Bracks will look into it, The guy cant even look into tomorrow. As for his sidekick, Theo Theonopalous HA I WONT EVEN GO THERE. He aint worth a banning :
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #36
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

.12 what a F#$# idiot...

Drinks driving is 100x more dangerous than "Hooning" there should be rules to take the pricks car (Not that there is much left of it)

LOL at the Saab joke too!
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #37
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Steve WILL look into it. Thats why they call him the 'mirror man'..

It said in the paper today that he caught a cab out and home, THEN decided to go to the shop!!

What a dumb a$$.

He should get 2 years. 1 for drink driving and 1 for driving a SAAB.
Old 14-07-2007, 08:27 PM   #38
Elguapo
SY AWD Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
He crashed in Altona and live in Williamstown (the next suburb)

He almost made it.....

Aparently blew .129 wow, thats really drunk, amazed he could find the ignition (SAAB joke)
Might help if you read the articles in the paper. He didn't crash in Altona. He crashed on Williamstown Road near the Hoskings St intersection, Willi North if anything. He was taken to Altona North police station. He was actually less than a kilometer from home.

As for other comments regarding how hard the law should go on him, consider the amount of public ridicule he has already faced. No one else except maybe a celebrity/public figure would have received such coverage in the press. This story would have been lucky to even get a mention in the Willi Times newspaper had it been a "nobody" behind the wheel let alone all the national newspapers. It is just unlucky for him in this instance that his old man is the Premier of Victoria. I personally think he will get off with the standard license cancellation and the minimum fine as I reckon the magistrate will take in to account the amount of coverage this story has had.
Old 14-07-2007, 08:47 PM   #39
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by myts
Steve WILL look into it. Thats why they call him the 'mirror man'..

It said in the paper today that he caught a cab out and home, THEN decided to go to the shop!!

What a dumb a$$.

He should get 2 years. 1 for drink driving and 1 for driving a SAAB.
GOLD. LOL at Saab. Honestly though the courts need to make an example out of this moron. Footy players get severly penalised for having a good night out. This idiot is the son of the State Premier. Bracks is pooing his pants at the moment over this.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 10:16 PM   #40
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope he does get off.
Usually its the conservative side who always seem to be above the law.

lol
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2007, 07:42 AM   #41
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCSEDAN
Good Now Kick Bracks Out Of Politics And We'll All Be Happy!
Why kick his old man out he wasn't pi$$ed and driving, as for kicking him out of politics WTF you guys voted for him.

I do think we should send him to share a cell with bubba for no other reason then he has a face that you just want to hit before he opens his mouth.

In all seriasness wasnt this little punce carted home in the back o a divy van when he was 16 or 17 also perhaps he will be sent to AA as he obviasly has a problem, I dont think we should charge the poor little rich kid we should give him all the help he needs.

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2007, 08:31 AM   #42
drcook
I Bleed Orange!

in the best nelson voice - "ha,ha"
Old 15-07-2007, 09:17 AM   #43
topgun
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Sounds like the kid has an alcohol problem!
So would i if i had a clown for a father.
topgun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2007, 09:34 AM   #44
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think he will his just deserts, if Steve Bracks tried to influence the process the opposition would nail him up.
For those that think we Victorians all voted for Steve Bracks see this link on the 2006 Victorian state elections...
http://www.vec.vic.gov.au/State2006r...ydistrict.html

Cheers
Bill.
Old 15-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #45
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I think they should castrate him, for no other reason than to ensure that there are no future bracks's.

Banning him from driving will not be punishment, his daddy will just provide him with a government funded chauffeur.

Quote: