View Poll Results: Which do you choose?
XR8 Sprint $56,000 68 51.13%
FPV GT $66,000 65 48.87%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default The empire strikes back (another hypothetical)

I was talking recently with some ford enthusiests I know who are not members here about the F6E and the comment was made that FPV only released it because they saw how well the G6ET was selling.
This led to Ford vs FPV discussions on many fronts and the question "What if ford released an XR8 Sprint again like they did in the ED would it take GT sales?

I dont think it would because most GT buyers specifically want a GT. This has been the centre of heated debate before but maybe this is not the actual case. After all, I was quite surprised that about half the members here would rather drive a pretty car than a fast car.

So here is the hypothetical:

In reply the the release of the F6E, Ford release an XR8 Sprint. The Sprint has exactly the same engine, gearbox, suspension etc as a GT.
It has better brakes than the standard XR8 that are roughly equivelent to the basic FPV (not 6 spot) brakes but are no-name and look like the standard XR8 brakes. They both perform identically over the 400m and on the road.
The body kit, interior and everything else including options is exactly the same as an XR8 with the exception of a couple of "Sprint" badges.
It is priced comparatively with the G6ET, that is $10k dearer than a XR8 but $10k cheaper than a GT.

Which would you choose?

P.S. discounts and all other financial costs/advantages will be the same so please don't post "But I can get a new XYZ for 5 shillings threepence ha'penny from Cheap Fords'r'us".

flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post