Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-10-2007, 01:03 AM   #511
thespud

Howdy all,

Scott here (better known as Spud) from Albany WA. Just thought i'd say a quick hello to all here as i just bought my first Ford a couple of days ago.

A little about myself - I have always driven Jap cars, I own a Pulsar also, but my last project was a '95 Corolla with the Toyota 20 valve in her - in fact i am also a moderator over at toyotanation.com so i know how to search and read stickies ;)

Anyway - just bought my first Fairmont after years of wanting one - got a '94 EF. She's staying stock for now as she is well and truly a family car, but much nicer than the Pulsar Pics below:

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 05:15 AM   #512
red_hotxr6
Banned

Very nice Scott..love those rims..
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 06:29 AM   #513
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEVLV8
Long time no chat again,

I ssem to do this once a year so i figured i would pop in for my years AFF inspection a bit early this years and say hi to all my mates that live on here and see if any new faces have poped up

How are things going over here in the Ford camp, things kickin well over my side in the Holden camp

Please no flaming and BS about Ford V Holden

as most will know here by now i am a very netural person and like both cars but i have made my choice
Yes Ross, neutral...sure...
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 02:32 PM   #514
hux454
Starter Motor

Default New Member

G'day All,
This is my first thread on this forum as I have only purchased a Fairlane just recently. It's a 1979 ZJ Fairlane. It was built in April 1979 so it's one of the first. I purchased the car from the original owner who was 100 years old. He had to hand in his license when he was 99. He purchased the car new when he was 72 years old from Belmore Motors in Junee (country NSW). The car has only done 75,000kms with full log book history to prove it. It has the 302 V8. The Fairlane is that daggy cream colour with a chocolate velour colour interior. The only options the car has is dealer fitted sunvisor & rear venetian. It's even got the am radio with only front speakers.
When I got it all it needed for the RWC (I live in Wodonga,Vic) was a new windscreen (still had the original one from new), a sleeve kit put in the power steering pump & regas the a/c (which works fine). I also had to put a fair bit of detailing & elbow grease into it to get it where it is today. Everything in the car works including the electric aerial & rear demister etc. The reason I bought the car was because of it's condition. I rate the car a 9 out of 10. It's pretty damn good & I reckon it would take a long time to find a better one.
If anyone can tell me how to post pics I'll send them. Also I have some questions to ask so if the ZJ guns can contact me that would be great (or which area in the forum is best to post my ZJ questions). Plus is there any Ford clubs or fellow ford members in my area so I could join or catchup to bench race. Hi again & thanks.
hux454 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 03:51 PM   #515
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi, welcome to the forums.
Sounds like a real gem you've picked yourself up there, cherish and look after her.
There are two areas on the forums that cater for "X" series cars.
The first one being the X series club forum, under club and specialty forums.
The other being Falcons, under the ford passenger cars forum there is a sub forum that covers classic falcons.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 04:02 PM   #516
hux454
Starter Motor

Default What are "X series cars"?

What are "X series cars"?
hux454 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #517
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hux454
What are "X series cars"?
"X" series cars, are fords that were built from the early 1960's (XK) up until the late 1980's (XF). They include Falcons, Fairlanes and LTD variants.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #518
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Yeah I suggest posting in the x series club section first, see how that goes. They are a helpful bunch.

While you are at it, follow the instruction in the thread below for posting pics.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=50579
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #519
Nomj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet-Star
Few pics of my basically stock car as promised.

you need to get rid of that intake man get the shorter one i drive an el futura its alot nicer bro
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2007, 10:05 PM   #520
POD_66
Starter Motor

Default hi all

hi my name is paul, and im new to this forum, but i have owned my fair share of fords including an xd wagon family run around, and when i was younger with no mortgage i had a genuine xa gt coupe which some lowlife stole and a 67 mustang fastback with a 427 big block, still miss it!!!!!!. my most recent purchase is this xd, it is a fairmont ghia with a 351,4 speed and a 9 inch rear. there is no rust in her so it should be the perfect base for my next project which should be just a respray,new interior and a tidy up of the motor and running gear. it should be a nice weekend cruiser for me and the family. here are a few shots of her the day i bought it.

POD_66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #521
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default G'day Ford fans, u legends!

Well thought i'd make myself known so i can start posting and get to know a few people who might be local and go for some cruises, i was a member a few years ago under a different name (xa72 or 73 cant recall, so called cos i had a 72 XA hardtop at one stage while living in Cairns, wish i still had that!).

Anyhow, Jason is my name, I reside in Alex Hills, east side of brissy, been here since february after moving from Mackay, moved with my girlfriend, Rebecca, shes new to brissy, and we're enjoying it so far.

Was driving an 87 skyline sillhouette, shes a bit long in the tooth nowadays, so traded up to an ebay bargain a few months ago, 95 EF11 Fairmont GHIA V8, white in colour, fairlane ghia front end cosmetics, quite immaculate condition really, 230,000klms, very little to get roadworthy, I was after a tickford 6 model but i figure the money ive saved on getting a gc v8 without headgasket problems, will more than make up for the extra fuel consumption costs in the long run.

Also just picked up a 94 pajero shorty, so anybody else with a fourby that enjoys gettin out in the wilderness and gettin dirty, give me a bell, just conquered a fair amount of Landcruiser park last weekend so im not afraid of using it for its intended purpose, and then some _2:

Also have a 2001 R1, so once again anyone with bikes, ive gotta get out more on some good rides with some fellow speed junkies :evil3:

Im a mechanic MON-FRI, at a little shop in capalaba, where i bumped into ZEDSDAD and his tidy fairlane, so G'day Scott, is that thing keeping its coolant now?

So thats me in a nutshell, i'll get pics organised of my rides, and get em posted asap.

Stay upright everyone
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #522
Nicola9
Starter Motor

Default Fairmont 95 brake lights not working!!

Hi

I have a Ford Fairmont 95, and the brake lights are not working. We have checed the globes and the fuse etc. We are thinking it could be a loose brake switch. Does anyone have any ideas on why this would be happening??? We have just replaced the brake pads as well.

Nik
Nicola9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #523
XRUTEDAVE
Starter Motor

Morning all, just thought I'd say g'day since I just joined. The names Dave (just incase you couldn't guess).
For those interested I'm currently driving an AU2 XR6 ute that's about to be traded on a Craig Lowndes LTD edition XR8.
XRUTEDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #524
DVLSAV
Starter Motor

G'day guy's, I to am a new member to this site, i a'm rebuilding a XA 2door from ground up, My main & real concern right now is to know the true dimentions of a "XA" GT BONNET, the center ridge is my big drama i need to now if the ridge go's right to the back of the bonnet or stops just short, if so can someone please give me the EXACT length. Also does the center ridge realy taper down as it gets to the back of the bonnet or stay the same hight all the through. Sorry if i'm in the wrong section, i a'm new.
DVLSAV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #525
429cobrajet
Starter Motor

Default New to the forums

hi all im new to the forum.

looks like one of those good forums and from what ive seen so far you guys Know what your on about.
429cobrajet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #526
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 10:03 PM   #527
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Welcome. Your name intrigues me. More info !
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 10:19 PM   #528
Duke
The Duke

Howdy Pilgrim.
Old 20-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #529
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

less talk, more pics based on username.

Pics or Ban......NOW dammit! :

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 10:22 PM   #530
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
less talk, more pics based on username.

Pics or Ban......NOW dammit! :
Bwahahah. :
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 10:32 PM   #531
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

^5 Bud, welcome to the forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2007, 04:32 AM   #532
XRATE
Starter Motor

Hey all, just posting to say hi and hope to get to know you all over time.

I have a BA XR8 (Phantom sedan) since August and loving every bit of it, but getting that tinkering urge to learn more about it and see what can be done to bring out more of the beast within.

I have had fords before being an XD Falcon and ZL Fairlane which I also enjoyed owning.

Even though I wanted a manual, I have the Auto XR8 but after a serious accident in May (my last car written off... truck t-boned me) my left leg is not really working properly anyway so it suits me fine.

Anyway, enough yabbering I have a fair bit of reading ahead of me I think... where to begin I'm not sure lol

Cheers for having me
XRATE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2007, 08:23 AM   #533
red_hotxr6
Banned

wow seem to be a few new people joining up, dont forget the photos guys and wlcome... :
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #534
missXR8
Ford Obsessed

Wink

Hey to all u loyal ford fans. My names Denise n I've been a loyal Ford Fan since i could walk. My first ford was an XF Fairmont n i kept on upgrading from there. I drive an 04 Rapid Yellow BA XR8, has a cat bak exhaust n growler induction. Yet to do more, be puttin a pic up once i suss it all out. Also me n th partner own a XYGT all original. :

Look 4ward to chattin to ya's!!
missXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 03:30 AM   #535
TheDutchGun
Starter Motor

Default Introduction

Hey guys,

Not sure how you all feel about foreign members but I decided to join up anyway.

Name's Dave, I'm from Ottawa, Canada. I'm 24 and own a 2006 Mustang GT.

Let me just say that you guys get all the good Ford cars. Here in North America, Ford is a bit of joke besides the Mustang and maybe the trucks.

Dave
TheDutchGun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 03:32 AM   #536
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchGun
Hey guys,

Not sure how you all feel about foreign members but I decided to join up anyway.

Name's Dave, I'm from Ottawa, Canada. I'm 24 and own a 2006 Mustang GT.

Let me just say that you guys get all the good Ford cars. Here in North America, Ford is a bit of joke besides the Mustang and maybe the trucks.

Dave
Welcome to the forums, foreign members are always welcome here. Especially those who drive 'stangs, post up some pics of your beast.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 03:50 AM   #537
TheDutchGun
Starter Motor

I will when I get home for sure. Its around 1 pm here right now and I'm at work.
Old 23-10-2007, 03:52 AM   #538
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

G'day Dave

Yep , you're welcome here , it's good to hear from other Ford countries and what's available in your part of the world and share what we have here .

Look forward to more of your posts and " Pic's of Your 'Stang"

(2-45am here ,)

Norm

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 06:34 AM   #539
TheDutchGun
Starter Motor

Sorry for posting this in the wrong area...

Where was it moved to?
Old 23-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #540
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

Hi Dave and welcome......your post is now in "THE BAR"

2009 TWEEKD FG XR8 IN SILHOUETTE
all mods done by Walter Markham from Oztek Performance
killerjoolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post