Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-03-2014, 10:59 PM   #331
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Default Re: Grab your final FPV

A rare and wonderful moment ......

Someone comes up to you and says
"What car do you drive?"

You reply
"A T Series ..... "

They say
"TS? TL? ..... 1, 11 or 111?"

You go all wobbly at the knees and tear up ........

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #332
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
I hope it does come like that for you; you'll be a happy chappy!
I hope so too! I turned my XR8 into a track only car last week and have a set of 20" x 8.5" with 245 fronts and the rears with 285's with the wider rim. They are sitting in the garage waiting for the GT.

I'd hate to pay full retail for a sticker pack (which I assume the last GT will be. edit: I mean full retail. I don't think it will be a sticker pack!). Rather get a current GT and fit the full coil overs and harrop ultimate brakes and still have money saved

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #333
Rodge
Banned

Just curious with you guys who've put deposits down how it works ?

I presume you have limited visability on price or equipment level's so this begs the question if you are able to withdraw your deposit if the model released or pricing isn't too your satisfaction ?

May I presume by putting a deposit down sight unseen this suggests you're paying the full retail asking price ?
For those looking at trading have you agreed a trade-in price already or is this subject to evaluation at some stage in the future, e.g. delivery date of your Limited Edition SC GT. ?

Just curious how this works from a modus operendi perspective, (not passing judgement)...just in case they have a blueprint one loaded with all the good kit

Last edited by Rodge; 06-03-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #334
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Rodge,

My experience with the R-Spec for what it's worth.

That was the first time I had put a deposit on a car sight unseen.

The dealer and I had an agreement based on the full retail price of a GT with leather, the price was $82,500 driveaway.

I could withdraw if the price was going to be more than that or when the full specs were known.

I did waver for a while when the first CGI's started to circulate but then some pictures of actual cars were sent to me and put my mind at ease.

At the end of the day the final price was $81,500; I decided to proceed as the car had enough wow factor for me (coming from a BA GTP) and there was also conjecture that this might be the last of the FPV limited editions and this made it a bit more desirable to me.

We'll soon know how it stacks up against the very last run of GTs!!
Old 06-03-2014, 04:20 PM   #335
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Did a similar thing with the BA XR8. Ordered it months ahead. Guess in hindsight, I'd have waited as the price I paid for the XR8 could have got me into a GT with all the options I ticked on the XR8.

This time, I'm a little wiser, so have it a little more worked out. The price will be retail but will look over the numbers regarding delivery, etc. I think there will be a premium over the GT price at the moment, but I was told that it shouldnt cost more than the R Spec did. Either way, its locked in that if the car comes out and is not to my liking, I can walk away with my deposit. (I might just more the deposit to a GT (non limited)/XR8 in that case)

I'll add that I dont have a trade in. I keep all my toys!
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #336
Rodge
Banned

Thanks Kypez. I'm sure you'll be really happy, just as happy as I know Jim is with his R Spec. Get em out on back country roads, then you can really enjoy them
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2014, 05:19 PM   #337
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Thanks Kypez. I'm sure you'll be really happy, just as happy as I know Jim is with his R Spec. Get em out on back country roads, then you can really enjoy them
I'm looking forward to it. I've been doing Hill Climbs and Super sprints in my XR8 and whilst I wont enter the GT in those events, I'll be taking the GT around the track during "practise sessions" at Sydney Motorsport Park. Get a few kms on the odo and let the engine run in, and away we go.

Did the same thing with my R1. The handbook said not to open it up till 1600kms. I got to SMP with the odo on 1599 kms. Rode around a little and clocked it over to 1600 and then let it rip around the track!

Shameless plug here, but as a member of ARDC its only $130 for a "practise day". Best bang for your buck (oh you need a CAMS license but thats given!)
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #338
66 STANG

Does anyone here know when we can actually expect some news from Ford as to what these final FPV "Specials" will be, how much, and expected production / delivery dates??
66 STANG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #339
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 STANG View Post
Does anyone here know when we can actually expect some news from Ford as to what these final FPV "Specials" will be, how much, and expected production / delivery dates??
No

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2014, 12:10 AM   #340
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 STANG View Post
I suppose the only thing that you can do here is to work backwards. Perhaps some people with actual vehicle manufacturing knowledge can correct me/chime in but as far a I know, the FH (or whatever it is going to be called, is going to be released in October/November. That being the case, you would think that there would be a 3 month lead in time for the new model. That is, initial production of the FH would commence in July/August so as to be ready for the release date and have cars in the showrooms (perhaps???).

In that, I would guess the last of the FG's would run down the line in June/July (perhaps a bit earlier). Working on this (really guessing now), you would think that the final run would be around this time. So it's anyone's guess as to when Ford commence the sales campaign but knowing how popular they will be, best guess would be around 2 months prior, say around April/May?????

So, best guess would be that we see the information about the cars April or a bit later with the cars hitting the road in June/July.

Anyone else got any more precise end of run/new model run dates?
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #341
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiers View Post
question to all, is the current GT a Falcon GT or a FPV GT? I think you will find it's a FPV GT. using that side of the above arguments then I would assume the last falcon v8 i.e XR8 would be the chart topper.
FPV finishes with the introduction of the next Falcon (end of FGII)
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2014, 12:51 PM   #342
G6T

Similar 2 above herd there winding up fpv s in April may so u would think they would release little photos of headlights,gear stick, tailights, like they did with baf 2 create interest.
FPV BF F6 TYPHOON in TOXIC green BUILT ENGINE & MT built ZF, FORCED PERFORMANCE turbo HTA 37r Turbo e85 26psi= 525 rwkw 1162nm its DMENTD . BUILT & TUNED by ( PROFILE AUTOSPORTS ) first time on dyno after run in =
Pacific Ford and FPV Carshow - DMENTD Dyno Run base 22psi on 98 : https://youtu.be/PoONpkk7qJE
G6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #343
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi all, just an upate. We should know more in our next order for April regarding the remaining FPVs. A lot of rumours floating about, will have the truth soon enough..

find me on instagram @adm.history for daily automotive historical Australian advertisements.
barra240t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #344
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
Hi all, just an upate. We should know more in our next order for April regarding the remaining FPVs. A lot of rumours floating about, will have the truth soon enough..
Thanks, any credible rumors you could repeat here,....and how soon is soon .. ??????
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #345
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
Thanks, any credible rumors you could repeat here,....and how soon is soon .. ??????
Nothing credible to repeat sorry. All rumours and that is the honest truth (how many customers do you think we have asking the same questions!)

find me on instagram @adm.history for daily automotive historical Australian advertisements.
Old 25-03-2014, 01:21 PM   #346
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

More then 500?
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #347
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My wishlist is more power, their own unique colours, GT-P spec and new stripes. That will sell them out I'm pretty sure.

2 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2014, 02:52 PM   #348
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

I think it is going to be a good one.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #349
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink Re: Grab your final FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
My wishlist is more power, their own unique colours, GT-P spec and new stripes. That will sell them out I'm pretty sure.
I think if you say your prayers every night before you go to bed ... Your wishlist will come true!

And yes they will sell out I can guarantee that.

I'm not sorry I got one of the last of the normal GT's as I absolutely love my new white GT. The GT is an awesome car and it has a very special presence on the road.

My problem was if I waited for the final extra special ones I would have missed out because I'm going to be away for a few months. So I grabbed one while I could at a great changeover price which helped to keep the missus happy.

Cheers Mike

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2014, 07:15 PM   #350
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just placed my holding deposit on the last limited edition GT subject to Final specifications.
It will be an emotional buy, a childhood dream come true. cant wait to park it next to my fathers R Spec GT.
futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #351
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
Just placed my holding deposit on the last limited edition GT subject to Final specifications.
It will be an emotional buy, a childhood dream come true. cant wait to park it next to my fathers R Spec GT.
Futura .. You know that will be a fantastic very special moment when you park it next to the R-Spec and stand back and admire them

You also know that pics will be required when it happens.
In fact they will be compulsary.

Cheers Mike

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
Old 25-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #352
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brismike View Post
I think if you say your prayers every night before you go to bed ... Your wishlist will come true!

And yes they will sell out I can guarantee that.

I'm not sorry I got one of the last of the normal GT's as I absolutely love my new white GT. The GT is an awesome car and it has a very special presence on the road.

My problem was if I waited for the final extra special ones I would have missed out because I'm going to be away for a few months. So I grabbed one while I could at a great changeover price which helped to keep the missus happy.

Cheers Mike
Nothing wrong with a GT! So easy to get more power out of your beast

Old 25-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #353
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brismike View Post
Futura .. You know that will be a fantastic very special moment when you park it next to the R-Spec and stand back and admire them

You also know that pics will be required when it happens.
In fact they will be compulsary.

Cheers Mike
When this day comes, it will be a moment in time that I will cherish and remember for the rest of my life.

Make a great wallpaper..hope ford bring out some classic gt colours to match the 351 number.
Old 25-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #354
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the 500 have all been allocated to dealers. I know that a lot have been spoken for already and there'll probably be a stampede once Ford do announce the details!

I just this morning decided not to put a deposit on one that I'd put in an expression of interest on. I already have an R-Spec and we absolutely love it; I have the go-ahead from my wife to get a Mustang, but hey, this means the GT will go to another Ford lover!!

I have a feeling the old girl will go out with a bang!
Old 25-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #355
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that's right Jim, 500 have already been allocate to the ford dealers. obviously some dealers will be allocated more than others. Exciting times ahead that's for sure.
Old 25-03-2014, 10:52 PM   #356
FERG_51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe the return of the Super roo decal would be a nice send off.
FERG_51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2014, 11:08 PM   #357
nstg8a

My bets on return of the cobra.

Last cobra did well, hell most of,them are still new lol
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 02:22 AM   #358
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another extra special feature of the final 500 special GT's will be the Full Metal Dipstick.

Don't worry about the colours, engine specs etc .. Just think about the demise of the plastic tipped dipstick. Who needs more tech when you have a metal dipstick! lol

Cheers Mike

Old 26-03-2014, 05:57 AM   #359
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Lol , yep mike I joked that it's the FG III upgrade !
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 10:49 AM   #360
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Word is the decision on wether the XR8 will be 315 or 335 still hasn't been decided. The GT may still go out as the king.

IMO it would be totally fn weak if Ford only put the 315 in the XR8 though.
Might make sense though
Throw as many of the left over performance bits that FPV had accumulated into this final limited edition GT to get rid of the stock.
Brembos / GTP seats / R spec suspension etc etc

So, come the FH XR8 - sounds to me like it will be more akin the the FG GS - which is more povo pack and makes use of the standard shared hardware with the mainstream models - in which case it makes sense that it is a detuned version of the current engine.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post