Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #301
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 
Default Re: Ford Show. Live on Facebook Tomorrow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFutura View Post
The thing I found interesting was they mention 11 nameplates by 2017.
Fiesta, focus, Kuga, Everest, mustang, ranger, transit, mondeo, possible explorer (rebadged as territory) and ecosport.

So we have 10 nameplates past 2016, what would be the other model? Large Car to replace falcon or maybe small sports coupe?
take your pick. there's Ka, B-max, C-max and S-max already in RHD
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #302
anto
Za Dom spremni

thats what I was thinking watching it, seemed like damage control more than anything.
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #303
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So they confirmed what we already knew about the Mustang.

The next Falcon teaser was another confirmation of the design direction that we knew as well.

Was there anything mentioned about the Territory update?
Old 13-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #304
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8 View Post
That was some serious heavy hitters for what was basically a pretty basic PR event that announced nothing in particular.
I wouldn't say that. Seeing what will most likely be the final design of the Everest/Ranger SUV is a big deal. A global reveal of any new car is a big deal in my book.

Also showing a bit more detail of the Falcon is good, as it will help silence some of the naysayers, whilst some more info and detail would have been better, I can understand why they didn't show more. As someone who intends to put his money where his mouth is and buy one, the event has done what it intended to do and retained my interest. What is going to make the difference is what they do to follow on from this.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #305
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If ever there was a vehicle they should be manufacturing here for our market and export it would be the Everest.
A new model Territory could also easily be made to slot in between the Everest and EcoSport.

Sigh.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #306
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the Everest will see the demise of the Territory. Do we really need a small, medium large and larger SUV from Ford? Probably not.
I do like the look of the Everest, far more purposeful than the Terri.

Looks like the Falcon is going to adopt a fair few styling cues from the Mondeo.
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #307
stevanford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax View Post
I think the Everest will see the demise of the Territory. Do we really need a small, medium large and larger SUV from Ford? Probably not.

Looks like the Falcon is going to adopt a fair few styling cues from the Mondeo.
Ford said they were going to double the amount of SUVs they sell from 2 to 4.
Ecosport, Kuga, Territory and Everest.
stevanford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #308
rods falcon
Long time lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax View Post
I, for one, will be looking at replacing the Territory with Everest when the time comes. Would be nice to do some outback touring in something a little bit more comfortable than my GQ Patrol. Will still keep the Patrol for the hard stuff however.

Have been a little reluctant to use the Territory outback and this was reinforced last trip when i hit a kangaroo at 110km/h. Bounced off the bullbar of the Patrol, would have made a big mess of the territory
Old 13-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #309
bbbero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevanford View Post
I find the quote interesting, the Terri will go, but that drops a line, will something come in its place to make up the 4?? As they said the Everest will be more offroad orientated, will a soft roader replace Terri? Edge/Explorer....???
bbbero is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #310
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevanford View Post
Ecosport, Kuga, Everest, Explorer/edge.
Fordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #311
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by westy73 View Post
Nice quote really except that in my opinion the decline of the large sedan segment, in this country at least, has been borne out of a lack of interest from the company itself or at least from Ford HQ in USA. If a company shows a lack of authority and planning for models guess what, the product dies.
The Falcon sedan as a product in comparison to what's on the platter in the USA is batting well above average in my books and always has for a rear wheel drive large sedan.
I thought the idea of One Ford was ideally to be inclusive....not exclusively what is shoved down our throats from US and the US speakers today.
A US company they may be but I am not American and as an AUSSIE I would have appreciated at least 1 AUSSIE speaker thanks.
I'm not trying in any way to change your views because you are entitled to them, but I wonder if you have thought about which came first, the lack of sales leading to a lack of advertising or a lack of advertising leading to a lack of sales?

I think it is the former and not the latter, and I'll tell you why. If one company decides not to promote its wares in a particular segment, other manufacturers (assuming they have the capacity and desire to do so) will tend to fill that void. In this case, neither Holden, Toyota or any other large sedan importer has filled that void. If, as you suggest, Ford made a conscious decision to not promote the product to drive sales down, why is the large sedan segment as a whole failing when compared to where it used to be, and why are the smaller car segments now far more competitive than they used to be?

I think the manufacturers in this country have finally realised that the segment they have set up their manufacturing for is not the market dominant segment that they had forecast.

On the globalisation point, the reason behind globalisation is to leverage off the global community that we now find ourselves in these days. It would not have been possible when these markets were originally established. Unfortunately for some, when rationalisation occurs, some overlapping or competing models will have to disappear. Again, I am a huge fan of the Falcon, and as sad as I am to see it go when it does, I can understand the business reasoning as to why it is the one to go.

Globalisation does not mean that we (Ford) pick one model from each market to then manufacture and export to the remaining markets. It means picking the best mix of platforms that you can manufacture at the best cost to maximise your profit across your market areas. This is not about being fair or equal, it is about doing what is best for the business to prosper and continue to be a viable operation for as many years to come as possible. Sometimes that means some parts of the target audience are upset because their personal preference is not catered for.

I understand your point about the Aussie speaker. Perhaps the other way to look at this though is that Ford (the global company) thought that this presentation was of significant enough importance to warrant sending out some execs from the US. And I take it that most of the senior exec positions here is Aus are probably filled by Americans as well, so I wouldn't feel comfortable having the non-senior execs presenting.

Anyway, I think I've said enough about my alternate views. How about we agree to disagree and discuss the positives of what was presented.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #312
SLVR GT
Lightning

The last Falcon :( man Im sad....
Old 13-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #313
Cleveland351
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1 View Post
I've seen a lot more than that teaser, it exists, it is happening.
So the teaser image is an accurate representation of how the 2014 Falcon will look? If so, then, just WOW! Makes the VF look average by comparison.
Cleveland351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #314
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rods falcon View Post
Have been a little reluctant to use the Territory outback and this was reinforced last trip when i hit a kangaroo at 110km/h. Bounced off the bullbar of the Patrol, would have made a big mess of the territory
Does your Territory have a bull bar...??

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 13-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #315
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think rightly they spoke nothing of v8 supercars.
Its advertising to who buy only a few cars. And an image they want to get away from obviously.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #316
FGXR6TUTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
I watched the Ford live broadcast of their future offerings for Australia. A few Americans came along and said that we will be happy with their new offerings and I guess expected us to accept that the AUSSIE car is DEAD.
And (once again) promised to us "the very best customer experience" by CEO Alan Mulally.

I wonder if this has been communicated to the CRC... In my experience they are dead set useless!
Old 13-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #317
rods falcon
Long time lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
Does your Territory have a bull bar...??
No but even if it did, given the roo hit the Patrol at headlight height it would have landed on top of the bar and on the bonnet if the territory had a bar.

I hope that the Everest in time becomes as easily modifiable (is that a word?) as the Ranger with bullbars, suspension etc. This is a bit of a difficult area with the territory, particulary if you want to put in some suspension lift
Old 13-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #318
Cleveland351
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81 View Post
The styling looks like a fusion of Taurus SHO, upcoming Mondeo, and FG MK2. Interesting.
That was my impression too. That's what I always thought the FG design lacked - aggression. IMHO, a Falcon should look unapologetically aggressive.
Cleveland351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #319
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

I dont care if the presenters are all Yanks or Bulgarians. Are you going to sleep with them or marry them?

The Ford Falcon doesnt have an accent.
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #320
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #321
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also the video is available in its entirety here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6zxUYJZ-S0
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #322
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbero View Post
I find the quote interesting, the Terri will go, but that drops a line, will something come in its place to make up the 4?? As they said the Everest will be more offroad orientated, will a soft roader replace Terri? Edge/Explorer....???

New generation Edge will replace Territory IMO.
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #323
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFutura View Post
The thing I found interesting was they mention 11 nameplates by 2017.
Fiesta, focus, Kuga, Everest, mustang, ranger, transit, mondeo, possible explorer (rebadged as territory) and ecosport.

So we have 10 nameplates past 2016, what would be the other model? Large Car to replace falcon or maybe small sports coupe?
Transit had 2 nameplates - Custom and Cargo.
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #324
Hawkeye84

Looks like the Falcon is going to have DRL in the headlights - very nice touch
Im really excited - its got a Audi-esque feel to it, very upper market
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #325
BlueOvalPrint

Good link on Drive (of all places!) to the Falcon presentation and still pics today: http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/n...813-2rtpf.html
BlueOvalPrint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #326
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
take your pick. there's Ka, B-max, C-max and S-max already in RHD
Or the Taurus. A one ford RHD version perhaps? The sneak peak of the new falcon does look like the taurus a bit to me - from the little I've seen of it.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #327
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

My what pretty DRL's you have

Old 13-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #328
XRFutura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Couple of falcon stills from the press event

Past Vehicles:
2015 Ford Territory TS MKII - diesel burner
2016 Ford FM Mustang GT - The Dream Car
2007 FPV BF MKII GT - popping the V8 cherry
1997 Ford EL Falcon Futura - 6 cylinders of fury
XRFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #329
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye84 View Post
Looks like the Falcon is going to have DRL in the headlights - very nice touch
Im really excited - its got a Audi-esque feel to it, very upper market
I am not here to be negative, and am happy that you like DRL. But I (insert lots of swearwords here) HATE THEM. I can't be the only one!!!!! About as poxy as putting Neon lights under your cars in the 80s.
6 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #330
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyy17 View Post
why do all the cars have the same grill!! God damn even the transit van has it!
Ever heard of design language?
2 users like this post: