Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #271
GeeDubF6

Default Re: WZ Fiesta ST Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
Also, is anyone else missing this piece of trim in the boot?

I'll be surprised if this is normal, it looks nasty...
Yep, looks nasty but is apparently a cost saving measure as mine also has that half finished look...

Old: BF MKII F6 #00390 in Breeze. Sunroof, 19" Dark Argent wheels, Reverse Sensors, Electric Pedals, Leather, FPV Mats... Ear to ear grin!!
GeeDubF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #272
cainen

Hmm my boot doesn't look like that. I have also never had it pop out of any gear which includes a thrashing at the track.
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2014, 01:02 AM   #273
chendog
Starter Motor

my clutch pedal now makes a tacky clicky sound when pressed. anyone else have this? doesn't sound like a spring.
chendog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2014, 01:35 AM   #274
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chendog View Post
my clutch pedal now makes a tacky clicky sound when pressed. anyone else have this? doesn't sound like a spring.
I've seen it mentioned a few times being a quirk of a twin plate clutch.

Unrelated note, I get an audible tick coming from inside the gear surround in the cabin whenever I engage first.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2014, 02:24 AM   #275
chendog
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA View Post
Cant remember who it was that had a sqweeky/clicky clutch pedal, but mine is doing it now. Did anyone have a quick fix?? If not will get it inspected at 3K service.
im at 1600kms and had a night of spirited driving. I have now noticed mine does the tacky clicky sound when putting my foot down on the clutch pedal. did you find a solution? I also have a white FiST maybe something to do with our white ones lol.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:26 AM   #276
chendog
Starter Motor

Quote:
I've seen it mentioned a few times being a quirk of a twin plate clutch.

Unrelated note, I get an audible tick coming from inside the gear surround in the cabin whenever I engage first.
does yours have this clicky clutch sound though?
Old 10-03-2014, 08:54 AM   #277
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I pretty sure my boot has that section missing also, but will have to confirm.

Quote:
im at 1600kms and had a night of spirited driving. I have now noticed mine does the tacky clicky sound when putting my foot down on the clutch pedal. did you find a solution? I also have a white FiST maybe something to do with our white ones lol.
After the 3000km check up (though I forgot toi tell them about it) the noise has gone completely, but I can feel a slight click when the clutch is pressed a little. I dont think its anything to worry about.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #278
DreadlyST

I reckon there is no trim piece in that location to facilitate the lifting of the floor to access the spare. You can only see it's missing if you drop the rear seats or stick your head inside the boot. Hence I had not noticed it until it was mentioned and I've had mine for over 6 months now!
Had a Galant in times gone by that had a trim piece in that location and in order to get to the spare the trim piece needed to be removed before floor could be lifted, very anoying!

On the USB issue, that happens with mine also, seems to only happen when I go from USB to another source for a period of time where car is stopped/started a number of times. Then when I want USB again, it picks up from where I left it but no sound, a swift unplug and replug of the USB and it stays in same place and sound returns! Bit wierd buth not a major issue.

Not experienced the clutch clicking or poping out of gear, from the description you've given Martinijosh, sounds like your not engaging 3rd gear properly, hence it's still in neutral when you've lifted the clutch.

What do you guys think of the reverse lights? I work nights so most of my parking is done at night in the dark on the street. I find they are poor and do not throw adequate light to the gutter. The MK1 and MK2 Focus both had their reverse lights located on the passenger side low down in the bumper, perfect for parking next to the gutter! The FiST has reflectors and a fog light in the bumper, don't understand why there isn't a reverse light there. Think they eliminated it from the MK3 focus too!
I have ordered some LED strips and will be fitting them to the rear bumper, exact location to be decided when they arrive.
DreadlyST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #279
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does look nasty, mine is the same?
Old 10-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #280
Skramit

Default WZ Fiesta ST Questions Thread

Sometimes my clutch makes a vey gentle click noise but never really notice it.

On the USB thing, I've noticed when I use my iPhone plugged in with USB it can get out of sync with the car. For example my phone is playing but the symbol on the car says pause. Then if I press the play button on the car it pauses my phone and plays on the car hence no sound. This happens in a loop back and forth. I found the solution is to unplug the phone, pause the song then plug it back in.

Last edited by Skramit; 10-03-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Skramit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #281
gavn
Starter Motor

I have a clicking sound when shifting between 1st and 2nd. Only done 900km and will ask about it when it gets first service.
gavn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #282
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Oh yeah I hit 4500km today. 2000km travelled already
Old 10-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #283
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

8000kms here and all of it has been pleasuable.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #284
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

No doubting they are a fantastic car. Nothing beats it in this class and price bracket.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #285
chendog
Starter Motor

even a slight press of the clutch makes a click/tacky sound.

i got out of the car and pressed it with my hand and with a very slight push and the click/tacky sound is still there.

can any of you try this and see if you have it?
Old 10-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #286
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
even a slight press of the clutch makes a click/tacky sound.

i got out of the car and pressed it with my hand and with a very slight push and the click/tacky sound is still there.

can any of you try this and see if you have it?
Exactly what I have. Maybe it can be lube'd up somehow??
Old 10-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #287
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

The sounds more like the hill start assist engaging?

Our auto Wt does then when you stop on a hill
Old 10-03-2014, 07:09 PM   #288
chendog
Starter Motor

mista fiesta knows what im on about

well it sounds normal then.

if it was a spring sound i think lube should fix it but this is a different sound so im not sure...

martinijosh im not sure what your on about lol i dont use hill start assist.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #289
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Yeah well I'm at a point where the hill assist is about to be turned off.

It feels like bloody launch control every time you're on a slight slope, it doesn't let go until the car is ready to spring off the line. Everyone around probably thinks I'm just being a knob :P
Old 12-03-2014, 05:38 PM   #290
aratic

Interesting, mine works great. It does take a little getting used to tho
Old 12-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #291
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by aratic View Post
Interesting, mine works great. It does take a little getting used to tho
The only time it's smooth for me is if I'm veeery slow and progressive with the clutch which is highly unnecessary.

The focuses extra heft probably smooths it out a little bit.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:25 PM   #292
Skramit

Hill assist is frustrating on gentle slopes but great on steeper slopes when some douche stops 1cm behind you at a stop sign in the hills. I keep it on and just ignore the frustrating lurch.
Skramit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2014, 11:55 PM   #293
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Mine's made the clicky sound pretty much since I picked it up. As martinjosh said it's been widely touted as being a quirk of the twin plate cutch set up.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2014, 12:00 AM   #294
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skramit View Post
Hill assist is frustrating on gentle slopes but great on steeper slopes when some douche stops 1cm behind you at a stop sign in the hills. I keep it on and just ignore the frustrating lurch.
Yes well I remembered how much of a pain it was reversing up my driveway with a manual car and no hill assist when I got home ... Going back in in the morning haha
Old 13-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #295
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Anyone else been manually tracking their fuel average?

I get about 620 per tank, and when I fill from near empty it takes 48L (the factory spec of the tank is 48L which must also be wrong since it will take 48L no problems with 40km left on the range estimate)
My current in car fuel average is listed as 7.4L/100 but manually calculated it is closer to 8.2

Both my BA, my BF, and my 22 year old golf were all accurate to within 0.2 L/100 but the WZ and my partners WT seem to be off by a good litre each?

The math

48.2 (Litres) / 580 (km) * 100 = 8.31 L/100KM

If I was to trust the factory reading, a full 48L tank should net me 648.64km

Last edited by martinijosh; 13-03-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 13-03-2014, 09:28 PM   #296
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Anyone else been manually tracking their fuel average?

I get about 620 per tank, and when I fill from near empty it takes 48L (the factory spec of the tank is 48L which must also be wrong since it will take 48L no problems with 40km left on the range estimate)
My current in car fuel average is listed as 7.4L/100 but manually calculated it is closer to 8.2

Both my BA, my BF, and my 22 year old golf were all accurate to within 0.2 L/100 but the WZ and my partners WT seem to be off by a good litre each?

The math

48.2 (Litres) / 580 (km) * 100 = 8.31 L/100KM

If I was to trust the factory reading, a full 48L tank should net me 648.64km
I've raised this point in this thread with no luck (so far) but my ST is at least half a litre out in its estimate. I checked my consumption manually today and while the trip computer shows 6.9 in reality it's 7.65. When I first full the tank the DTE shows around 620kms but when I get close to needing to fill up the kms left on DTE would indicate a range of around 680kms in a tank or around 7 litres per hunje. My WS Fiestas trip computer was scarily accurate but in the WZ it's disappointing. Might have to Google inaccurate WZ trip computersand see what the wordon the street is.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #297
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81 View Post
I've raised this point in this thread with no luck (so far) but my ST is at least half a litre out in its estimate. I checked my consumption manually today and while the trip computer shows 6.9 in reality it's 7.65. When I first full the tank the DTE shows around 620kms but when I get close to needing to fill up the kms left on DTE would indicate a range of around 680kms in a tank or around 7 litres per hunje. My WS Fiestas trip computer was scarily accurate but in the WZ it's disappointing. Might have to Google inaccurate WZ trip computersand see what the wordon the street is.
It's a bit disappointing that I can't trust the range remaining like I could in my 10 year old car and that Ford is basically lying about the fuel economy the car can achieve. If the tank truly is 48L then twice I have potentially run it bone dry and could have conked out at any minute???

I'll mention it in my service next week but knowing Ford they will just say "that is normal".

(Note: as before, I'm picking nits... I still think this is a fantastic car)
Old 13-03-2014, 09:53 PM   #298
Pursya

I don't think any manufacturer has a definitive fuel tank size.
I believe they all fudge it to a degree and there is always a couple of litres sloshing around.
My Toyota has shown zero on the kms to go and yet I've driven another 15 Kay's without issue.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #299
gavn
Starter Motor

Hi Guys,

Sorry if already discussed but what's the go with Sync and Apps in the FiST?

I can see in the menu the option for Applications but not sure if any are available or able to be installed.

Anyone able to shed some light on this for me?
gavn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2014, 11:08 PM   #300
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavn View Post
Hi Guys,

Sorry if already discussed but what's the go with Sync and Apps in the FiST?

I can see in the menu the option for Applications but not sure if any are available or able to be installed.

Anyone able to shed some light on this for me?
SYNC App references an app you can install on your phone (if it's supported) to add some extra functionality for bluetooth control.

It isn't available on the SGS4 yet for one reason or another.