Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #271
jmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggsy View Post
Why cant ya send pics to a galaxy from iPhone 4 ....?.******* ****ing me off , tried sending **** to 4 people who have galaxy phones and don't work ...... Galaxy suck the fat one !
It's apple locking you in man Lol.

Apple user;
I sent a photo to 4 people and they didn't get it.. THEY must have Crap phones!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Mazda 3 MPS Aurora Blue Gone :(
-=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=- (198Kw/466NM ATW)
jmac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #272
I reckon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac View Post
It's apple locking you in man Lol.

Apple user;
I sent a photo to 4 people and they didn't get it.. THEY must have Crap phones!

To much weed ?
I reckon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #273
jmac

Is there such thing as too much

Mazda 3 MPS Aurora Blue Gone :(
-=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=- (198Kw/466NM ATW)
jmac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #274
IDT
Marko

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Just been down to a new Samsung store in high point (Maribyrnong Melb) to have a look at a new phone as i have`nt bought a phone for years, still got an old faithful 6150 nokia and a hand me down old smart phone of my young brothers, in all honesty i probably use the smart phone to about 10% of it`s capacity.
however i like the look of the bigger screens having old codgers disease (dodgey eye`s ), any way i looked at a gs3 and a note book 2, both look very flash ,

the first thing i did was ask the sales guy if i could wack the notebook in my pocket to try it on for size as i had heard people say how large it was.
i found it to be not a pain as i expected it to be, it probably stuck out of my t`shirt pocket about a centimetre and a half, which to me is probably not a bad thing, i`ll never lose sight of it.

even though i will probably not use the phone for even a quarter of it`s capability,
a couple of things i like about it, obviously the big screen is bloody awesome for an old dude with very average eye sight, but also it has apparently a pretty good gps ?
So with that i get rid of having to swap charge cables from ciggy lighter to my mobile to my old tom tom in the car and then after use in the car my phone and Gps stays in my pocket, one less thing to worry about with light fingered buggers in super market car parks etc.

Doing a bit of research about the s/galaxy note 2, one model apparently has the capability to do faster uploads and downloads (forgive me if this has already been mentioned).
also with the notebook it has a slightly faster processor over the sg3 qaud cor 1.4 gb vs qaud core 1.6, from memory like the sg3 , the note can be had with various amounts of ram , up to 64 gb, and standard battery size is a whopping 3100 mAH.

The pen thing looked very impressive, something that will no doubt take a bit of getting used to,
The model i was looking at top of the line(not sure what ram it came with though) apparently N7105t i had a bit of a look for prices on line and the note could be had for $448.00 free delivery to main city`s,
i have to say i`m a bit dubious about buying a pricey bit of kit online even though it is cheap, you hear some horror stories getting warranty from some of these on line mobs.
The new store Samsung store i visited today was also giving a promotional accessory pack with the note worth $250.00 according to the salesman, not sure if it comes with other phones, the note2 from the same store price was $799.00.
even though it is expensive(well it is to me) i get a gps out of it as well so that makes it look a good proposition (sorry for the long post).
Have to agree with you on the screen and gps. The Maps App craps on every in car gps i have used. The weight is about the same as the brides Iphone (no I can't tell the difference between 10 or 11mg by touch) the size fits in my back pocket but I actually remember its there before I sit down. The camera is awesome compared to anything I have used. The only downside so far is I can't work out how to un-sync my email and sms messages. Sms comes up in both, (yes I accidentally synced them when I first got the Note) any honest advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:27 AM   #275
Hell Cat

I have a galaxy. Its hard to use
Hell Cat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #276
creative
I am Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Cat View Post
In what way?
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #277
I reckon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Cat View Post
They are easy to use ..........place in hand .... Swing arm back as far as possible and throw it as far forward as possible .

And don't look back!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #278
LTDHO
The one and only

So the SIII has been around for a bit.

Compared to other phones now available, how does it rate (excluding iphone)?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #279
Winter XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The S4 is out in 3 weeks, supposedly will be most powerful phone on the market. Think I may need to upgrade the old S2.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/h...327-2gt7q.html
Winter XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #280
pundit
Gazza!

The dude having issues with picture messaging from a iPhone to a galaxy.. Interesting issue I don't have that problem at all I have a few mates with iPhones and we can send pic messages piece of cake.
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #281
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yup 2 more wks and the Galaxy S 4 drops on April .............with a 5" screen. Preorders are being taken now.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2013, 01:21 AM   #282
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm hoping to get an S4. Is there much likelihood of launch model faults? Eg bugs to iron out etc.?
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #283
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haven't heard anything yet......if I do, I'll be sure to post it here ok?

You know the screen is 5 inches right? It's even bigger than the new phone I just got.
Old 25-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #284
Murph-51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have ordered the S4
Hopefully have it late next week, depending on stock allocation.
I expect it to be quite a step up after having the iphone4 for the last 2 years
Murph-51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #285
Winter XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph-51 View Post
Have ordered the S4
Where did you order your s4 from?
Winter XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #286
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggsy View Post
Why cant ya send pics to a galaxy from iPhone 4 ....?.******* ****ing me off , tried sending **** to 4 people who have galaxy phones and don't work ...... Galaxy suck the fat one !
i guess you need the apple software. With apple you use there software.

it,s like apple is the kid in the sand pit with great toys, but he wont share or play with anyone. itunes ****** me of, cause you got download there software ,blaa, blaa, blaa. i,m over apple products and the constant emails from them.

i get a new s3, and just works with my laptop, easy. no special software needed.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #287
I reckon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
i guess you need the apple software. With apple you use there software.

it,s like apple is the kid in the sand pit with great toys, but he wont share or play with anyone. itunes ****** me of, cause you got download there soft ,blaa, blaa, blaa.

i get a new s3, and just works with my laptop, easy. no special software needed.
Works now for some reason lol
Old 28-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #288
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I've had my galaxy note 2 for must be a month now .............. and the longer I own it the more I like it, sending this post with it as we speak !
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #289
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any one used the tethering option on their smart phone?? for those not savvy , tethering is an option on the note 2 , i assume it is also on other smart phones as well, i have run out of bandwidth on with my cable isp for my pc, so ...... i have my note 2 connected by the usb cable to my pc.
I`m now using the sim card isp from my sammy note 2, way cool smart phone i tell ya .
Old 30-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #290
Mr G8
Maximum Derek

Quote:
Well I've had my galaxy note 2 for must be a month now .............. and the longer I own it the more I like it, sending this post with it as we speak !
I've got the same phone too, it's brilliant!

2008 FG XT 6 Speed
18's, Tint, ZF Conversion, LED Conversion, Exhaust.
Mr G8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #291
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Any one used the tethering option on their smart phone?? for those not savvy , tethering is an option on the note 2 , i assume it is also on other smart phones as well, i have run out of bandwidth on with my cable isp for my pc, so ...... i have my note 2 connected by the usb cable to my pc.
I`m now using the sim card isp from my sammy note 2, way cool smart phone i tell ya .
Spoken like a true techie........sorry if I knew how to check my phone I'd tell you.
*instructions still in plastic*
2 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #292
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh, I've read reviews and comments on the S IV vs. iPhone 5 and apparently, the S IV trumps the iPhone!
Old 30-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #293
creative
I am Batman

Quote:
All the time!

I have a htc one x as my personal phone, a galaxy s running custom roms etc as my work phone and I teather both to my note 10.1 depending on the best signal at the time. I now dont need any paperwork when im out of the office as I do it all via the 10.1 now.

And I dont know about the s4 v ip5 but the note 10.1 gt-8020 absolutely destroys the ipad in every way.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #294
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph-51 View Post
Have ordered the S4
Got it

Took fricken ages to transfer all my messages from S3 to S4 via Kies - haven't tried transferring all my photos yet :(

It got stuck on 75% transferring my contacts so I just transferred them my gmail account........

BUT I do have a donkey as a Home Computer which is so slow anyway - that would probably be why Kies takes ages for me

You can't transfer data settings for email so that has to be done manually (email settings)

Internet surfing works a bit different and haven't worked out how to save a page to the home screen yet - I know how to bookmark it

It is squarer than the S3 and is nicer to hold

Just learning atm

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #295
nstg8a

Nice box

I finally made up my mind last night and ordered a s4.

I never upgraded my s2 because I didn't feel the s3 offered enough to make it worthwhile, but the s4 looks the goods indeed.

Murph has his now too, he seemed to be enjoying it last night going by his bookface posts.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #296
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post
Spoken like a true techie........sorry if I knew how to check my phone I'd tell you.
*instructions still in plastic*
Hehe , wish I was a techie, I can only give credit to my young step brother 20 years younger who is a true techie, he clues the old dinosaur (me)up a bit on a few things :-), I'm learning though .
Yes my instructions usually stay in the packet to until the last resort :-) .

On the note2 you find tethering by going into settings............... then you find under wireless and network options................ then click on more settings..................... the tethering and portable hot spot comes up,
you select the tethering option, usb cable has to be plugged in,
I disconect my normal internet cable when tethering, although not really sure you have to, from memory a bit of software will load onto the pc(only a small amount) and then it is all systems go.
its probably not the same on all phones but you would think it would be similar......... I think?
If any of you blokes or gals see an error in my procedure .......... by all means correct me.
Old 30-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #297
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post
Got it

Took fricken ages to transfer all my messages from S3 to S4 via Kies - haven't tried transferring all my photos yet :(

It got stuck on 75% transferring my contacts so I just transferred them my gmail account........

BUT I do have a donkey as a Home Computer which is so slow anyway - that would probably be why Kies takes ages for me

You can't transfer data settings for email so that has to be done manually (email settings)

Internet surfing works a bit different and haven't worked out how to save a page to the home screen yet - I know how to bookmark it

It is squarer than the S3 and is nicer to hold

Just learning atm

Indeed mate, there is a huge learning curve on these smart phones, there is just so many features they are truly an amazing bit of kit.
Old 30-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #298
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

I had an S3 for a few months. I bit the bullet a few months after my plan ran out. I was hoping for an iPhone 5 but was severely dissapointed. At first was very hard to use. Then it got easier & as I got more used to it & adjusted to its nuoinces I found it goddam frustrating. I almost did a few times as the post I like a few posts up. Swing back & throw.

Good points

Awsome screen. Beautiful colors great to read AFF on, watch YouTube etc.
Drop down menu to turn off/on wifi, Bluetooth, 3G, etc
Some mainstream apps were better on S3 than iPhone like carsales

Camera. Great quality & very user friendly. So easy to use, apple could learn here.

Menus. Apps & widgets at the size & place where you want them. Apple should follow this. That was so good.

Not so good/horrible points

Keypad recognition. A serious WTF here. Push the "L" key get a "K". Occasionally hit the wrong key with any touch screen, but this S3 has the worst. It was the main reason I dropped it. Would constantly pump out the wrong letter. Disgusting.

Retarded predictive text. I had to turn it off it was that bad. I turned it off pretty early on. So I can't remember just how bad it was.

Bluetooth connectivity. I had no problems hooking up with my alpine HU in my car with my 4. But he S3 was just retarded here too. Wouldn't let me browse through my contacts, voice dial. Nothing. If it would connect with the HU.

Loading music. I watched many YouTube videos but unsuccessfully tried for 3 months to load music on it. It just didn't want to play music wherever I loaded it. I just have up & reverted to my iPod for the car.

Home key. With its beveled edges it would sometimes sit proud & on a tilt as it would get stuck.

There were other things as well that weren't as pivotal as above.

In the end I gave the S3 to my GF & reloaded my iPhone 4. Back to everything working as it should. Now I may not go to any other phone brand after that.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #299
nstg8a

With the predictive text, I had the exact same issue on my s2, but someone on here suggested downloading 'gingerbread' I think it was.
Made a world of difference, iirc it's almost of copy of the apple predictive text software.

If the s4 is the same then il be downloading it for that too.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #300
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I use and recommend swiftkey , never had a problem with it.

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post