Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-10-2006, 11:35 PM   #1
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 
Default Finally Got An Amp And Sub!

well as the title says, after 10 months since i got the car iv finally got an amp and a sub! lol! heres how it goes:

Stuff i already had:

Pioneer CD player (not sure what model!)
MTX 6" fronts coaxil
MTX 6x9" rears

AMP:
Response 4 Channel 760WRMS

SUB:
Pioneer 12" in home made box

I got the amp and wires for $350 from Jaycar, iv known the guy who sold me it for a while just from going in there all the time! this guy knows everything about car audio and speaks a million miles an hour and it all goes staight over my head! lol! but anyway i got $22 off the original price! lol!
i was just getting the amp to run my speakers and i'd get a sub later along with a second amp.
well my mate was selling his so i grabbed it off him for $40 with the box! the box is just a home made one fully sealed. just needs some carpet on it!

i havent played around with all the settings on the amp yet as iv had no time to! i had to put everything back in! lol! but yeah i had a little listen to it and it sounds pretty good!

oh by the way i hooked the rears back up to the head unit and the sub is bridged of channel 1 and channel 2.

cant wait till the morning so i can get some metal pumping through it!! :sm_headba :sm_headba :sm_headba !!!!

i'll get some pics up hopefully tomorrow!

cheers
braden
:sm_headba

Old 04-10-2006, 12:11 AM   #2
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

good pick up,
my mate works at Autobarn in Shepparton and i got my Us Audio Godzilla sub for $250 and the shelf price was $500...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #3
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

holy *****! i gave my amp a quick tune this morning and iv been playing Mudvayne through it. well i can say right now that i have no regrets at all! goes pretty hard! lol! loving it!
Old 04-10-2006, 05:12 PM   #4
reded
ThUmPeR

hey congrats on gettin the amp and sub in. it only took me 3 months to get my system in
Kenwood head unit
kenwood 6X9's
kenwood amp
kenwood 12" subs X2

and good on ya for listenin to mudvayne!!! gotta love em.

cheers troy
BIG MTX sterio
OTHER:
2.5" exuast, Pacemaker extractors
K&N Flat pannel
20" Gianna wheels
Dropped on Pedders
BA Bonnet bulge
clear indicators all round
Full EL Ghia interior
reded is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2006, 02:44 AM   #5
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

hell yeh mudvayne rocks! well....so does most metal! lol! i also listen to KoRn, SlipKnoT, Metallica, System of a Down, Stone Sour, bit of Slayer, Chimaria and theres prob a few more to that list!!

heres some pics:

the box isnt all that pretty but its been built properly, all gaps sealed etc. i'm gonna cover it in marine carpet. not too sure whats the best way of going about this but im sure i'll work it out!
dosnt worry me, the damn thing goes pretty hard!!

cheers
Old 05-10-2006, 07:38 AM   #6
efgiar
rofl copter

these amps like to heat up in small spaces, and stop working for a second, so keep it clear and not cornered, or run a small fan on the inside of the amp

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2006, 09:21 AM   #7
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

i know that they do get pretty hot but my mate has the same one in the same spot in his VN and he's never had any problems with it. there a good amp for the price! there was one of the response amps that won amp of the year last year, forget which model tho.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #8
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

why so many set of RCA's to the amp? arent u only running the sub from the amp?

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #9
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

yeh the end two on the left go to the end two on the right of the amp. dont ask me why. the jaycar guy told me id need them! my mate has the same amp and he's got the same cable going from the amp to the same amp. i think if i hook up another amp it has something to do with that. in's and out's or something.

i also sprayed the box black so it looks a bit better for the time being and i got 8 gauge power cable going from the sub to the amp!
Old 06-10-2006, 09:47 PM   #10
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

wont loose any power in the wire then! oh ok, yeah linkable option, i guess its better to have them in there to protect internals

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post