Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 02-10-2006, 07:10 PM   #1
EDXR347
Banned

Default cold air

hey guys n girls....

just wondering if anyone has any ideas for running a cold air pipe up through the bottom of the air box.....theres something under the guard that gets in the way on mine....any suggestions?

already got a hole behind the headlight, but you know what they say....can't have enough cold air

EDXR347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 11:50 PM   #2
gngtho
Banned

I think you would have your ABS there. with mine its got nothing there as i have no ABS.
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2006, 08:10 AM   #3
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont forget, that water+inside your motor = problems. if you go over a puddle in the rain, it will suck up the water. want pure CAI? get a shaker, its what i'll be doing
castek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #4
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tufel
dont forget, that water+inside your motor = problems. if you go over a puddle in the rain, it will suck up the water. want pure CAI? get a shaker, its what i'll be doing
impossible... water is not like the magic bullet that shot JFK.. it might get some in there if you went into a really deep puddle but the water would be heavy enough to run back out the hole, let alone making the 90 degree turn uphill then another to get into the throttle body
:P

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

LOL @ Magic puddle theory.

You'd need to do a river crossing to suck enough water in to lock the motor up.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i've seen loads of engines stuff up due to water getting in from a low mounted CAI. Yeh, it may not happen for ages, but nothing there to say it wont happen. if you at WOT, go through a deep enough puddle at speed, there is the possibilty that you suck up water.
castek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post