Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 23-09-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
bertis

Default Turbo EB Update

hey ppl,

I've returbo'd my eb finally. Since I bought the car it has been given a fresh el bottom end, a trans that works but may not for long :, rebuilding of the turbo with new oil lines and have thrown a sound system in it.

I took it for its first drive turbo'd a few days back and am having some slight drama's :.Might need to visit a tuner as I have no idea whats going on but I am fairly certain its not getting fuel. The car is badly surging when hitting boost unfortunately. This is happening at as little as 4PSI@2800rpm under 3/4 throttle. Anyone seen anything like this before on a turbo setup. The fuel system is identical to how it was before which achieved 9psi at a safe level when dyno'd so ummmm : perhaps I have the rising reg in wrong or its not working. I've also installed new injectors but they are the same standard flow rate like the previous ones so I cant see that being an issue, but might change them back and see anyhow.

If anyone has experienced anything like this before or has any knowledge of what might be going on I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm sure I'll have it worked out in a weeks time.

Still feels good to drive a boosted falcon even when its not working properly :

EB series 2, Vixen red with blue perl, custom body kit, lowered, sweet custom interior :hihi:, ported head chambers, T3/t4 hybrid turbo, log manifold, intercooler, vortech 12:1 rising reg, Walbro 255, thermo fans, redback exhaust, 3.45 LSD,Stage 2 BTR95le built by DTM, pioneer 680MP, 2x pioneer 450w subs, response class D 820w amp
13.10@105mph on 10-11psi

New Car
Standard FG XR6T with Cobalt gauges so far.

12.85@109mph on STD boost
bertis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2006, 10:40 PM   #2
Tiga_EL
Banned

Sounds good. Gets some recent pics up of it now.!!
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

do you mean surges as in when you boot it, it will take 5 secs or so to kick in.. instead of instantly? if so...

my car does it half the time when i boot it, i havn't got a turbo though :P
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2006, 11:13 PM   #4
bertis

hmm. not much has been done about the looks of the engine bay or anything yet, but I'll post them anyways.

and nah its nothing like that mate. It responds fine its just under hard acceleration it hits about 5psi and will start to surge violently. :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car1.JPG (116.6 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg pic2.JPG (115.6 KB, 120 views)
EB series 2, Vixen red with blue perl, custom body kit, lowered, sweet custom interior :hihi:, ported head chambers, T3/t4 hybrid turbo, log manifold, intercooler, vortech 12:1 rising reg, Walbro 255, thermo fans, redback exhaust, 3.45 LSD,Stage 2 BTR95le built by DTM, pioneer 680MP, 2x pioneer 450w subs, response class D 820w amp
13.10@105mph on 10-11psi

New Car
Standard FG XR6T with Cobalt gauges so far.

12.85@109mph on STD boost
bertis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 01:10 AM   #5
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

retard the timing and what fuelpump are you using? you might need to up grade cause mine was sweet then..... it wasn't defenitly not enought fuel!!! is you problem!!

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 01:36 AM   #6
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i officially hate you. damn you and your sexy red turbo!!!

i so want a turbo now, i drove my gf's little brothers 180 with a RB25, roughly 370RWHP, and i had so much fun, especially when it started to hit boost. ohhh...