Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #1
jasoncalleja50
Balls

Default Heater Problems. Please help.

I have a 1992 EBII Falcon GLi that has only 103000km on the clock and everything works quite well. The air conditioning was serviced just before i bought it in december last year. Everything was working fine until a couple of weeks ago. When the heater is put on the heat coming out of it is very weak no matter what speed the fan is on. All vents are cold but the drivers vent manages to get a slight amount of hot air through it. All other vents in the car blow cold air. Please if you think you know what is causing this and an approximate price to fix it then please post a reply to this thread.

jasoncalleja50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What is the reading on the temp gauge when it has been running for a while?

My guess is thermostat needs replacing.
Old 13-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #3
jasoncalleja50
Balls

the temperature gauge reads at the start of the normal section and pretty much no matter how far i drive it always sticks to this temp. I am running 2 subs and an amp from the battery, could this be causing any problems to do with the heater as it probably draws to much energy.
Old 13-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #4
Scott

Have you checked your water lately?
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 10:09 PM   #5
NC_Steve
She needs premium dude...

Check the heater tap and the vac line to the heater tap.
NC_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 05:24 PM   #6
jasoncalleja50
Balls

thanks for all the help so far. i replaced the thermostat today and it has helped maginally. I am able to get nice hot air out of the drivers side now but it is significantly colder in the back and passenger side. I checked my water levels as previously stated and it is fine. the ford manual also said to see if the hoses get hot and they do. so what else could it be
Old 16-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #7
Dezza
Parts bin special

Heater taps can rust out. Hopefully it is that because they aren't a huge job to replace. Another problem could be a blocked heater core. A mechanic managed to unblock mine by taking off some of the hoses and running an air compressor and a hose through it from either end. The amount of crap that came out of it was amazing. Otherwise it would have been a huge job.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #8
jasoncalleja50
Balls

Everyone keeps talking about this heater tap but where is it located?
Old 16-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

i think it's the one that is controlled by vacumm? if it is then it runs under the manifold from the thermostat hosing to the firewall. it's about 20cm from the firewall
EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post