Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-04-2022, 06:03 PM   #1
John Humpo
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Ford focus st or ford focus st-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
Go the ST-3. A Mountune air filter, 330 tune and springs and killer package. Well refined, tonnes of technology, awesome handling, especially for a FWD car.
Sounds like this Mountune kit makes a very noticeable difference to the ST from what iv'e read on line, won't stress the driveline to much but i would think twice about the new 365 kit & the massive amount of torque it produces might just be a bit to much for long term reliability, I think the 330 is just right just like the 3 bears story,love to know what you think after a few months, cheers.
John Humpo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-11-2022, 12:44 PM   #2
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Default Re: Ford focus st or ford focus st-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Humpo View Post
Sounds like this Mountune kit makes a very noticeable difference to the ST from what iv'e read on line, won't stress the driveline to much but i would think twice about the new 365 kit & the massive amount of torque it produces might just be a bit to much for long term reliability, I think the 330 is just right just like the 3 bears story,love to know what you think after a few months, cheers.
John it is great, absolutely love it. Pity Ford got rid of this from their Australia line up. Fiesta ST is now ending worldwide, hopefully the Focus ST worldwide continues...

I have had multiple enquiries wanting to buy my ST-3... might keep it, though when new RS3 arrives...
Old 07-11-2022, 10:45 PM   #3
John Humpo
Starter Motor

Default Re: Ford focus st or ford focus st-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
John it is great, absolutely love it. Pity Ford got rid of this from their Australia line up. Fiesta ST is now ending worldwide, hopefully the Focus ST worldwide continues...

I have had multiple enquiries wanting to buy my ST-3... might keep it, though when new RS3 arrives...
Glad all is going well, might consider this 330 upgrade when my warranty runs out or may be even before since you can return every thing back to standard before service is due, Cheers.
John Humpo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: