Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-12-2020, 03:28 PM   #1
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Got flogged by a ssv vf with less kw? Why?

I hope you don't mind Nafe but sharing my own story....

You have reminded me about the “rivalry” I came across when I first took delivery of our FG G6ET.

I picked it up in July 2008 after about 30 days wait for build so about 5 months after the first official press release and still early days for wide general public notice. It still wasn’t widely known yet about the performance jump the FG turbo gained over the BF XR6T. I think it was only just out in one of the popular car mags a story where they achieved a 5.2sec 0-100km/hr and the G6ET was very much a chromed wolf in sheep’s clothing on our public roads compared to the FG XR's.

Anyway, a couple of young gents in a VE SS decided to have some fun and for the next few traffic lights we stayed fairly even…and then on the third light, where the left lane ended requiring a merge into my lane the SS driver launched hard…I didn’t initially give it absolute full throttle but decided I needed to very quickly as soon as the SS got it’s rear door up to my front door…the SS is quick but the turbo once on song in mid range was breathtaking…add in a Melbourne July winter night of about 6 deg C and it was a perfect combination. I could only imagine what it would be like in an F6 and the mighty FG-X XR6 Sprint.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2020, 04:57 PM   #2
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
I could only imagine what it would be like in an F6 and the mighty FG-X XR6 Sprint.
Or a Tesla.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2020, 10:53 PM   #3
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Or a Tesla.
it's all about ICE, ICE baby.... nah neighbour has a Tesla S while it might be fast it's engine sound is so incredibly.....un-inspiring...
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-12-2020, 10:58 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
it's all about ICE, ICE baby.... nah neighbour has a Tesla S while it might be fast it's engine sound is so incredibly.....un-inspiring...
Sounds like a Bombardier E Class Tram:

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRR electric motor wining noise

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 13-12-2020 at 11:03 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-12-2020, 11:27 PM   #5
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
I know right, thankfully it only last a second or two before its so much further down the strip you cant hear it anymore.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post