Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-11-2020, 06:55 PM   #1
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Tow Tug ,What to Buy?

spotted something on the way to work this morn in maddington

how much are bolt cutters these days

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-11-2020, 09:18 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
spotted something on the way to work this morn in maddington
how much are bolt cutters these days
Looks like a lot of rear overhang on a single axle, enough room for you to stack it full of heavy **** and create a monster on the highway
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2020, 10:12 PM   #3
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Looks like a lot of rear overhang on a single axle, enough room for you to stack it full of heavy **** and create a monster on the highway
thats ok wasnt a serious comment as it wasnt for sale hence where it is (an auto detailers) and why i suggested the bolt cutters
that place had been empty every morn i go past ant that was in there this morn and i go past around 5am or just before usually
also its not always what you have but how its loaded too
that thing could be mid heavy due to the tanks n main living area and the bed up the back with a front mount engine

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 12-11-2020, 10:16 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
thats ok wasnt a serious comment as it wasnt for sale hence where it is (an auto detailers) and why i suggested the bolt cutters
that place had been empty every morn i go past ant that was in there this morn and i go past around 5am or just before usually
that thing could be mid heavy due to the tanks n main living area and the bed up the back with a front mount engine
Trailer for sale or rent, rooms to let, 50 cents, no phone, no pool, no pets, I aint got no cigarettes?
Old 12-11-2020, 10:35 PM   #5
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Have friends who have something like that,with bed in one rear corner and shower and toilet in the other corner,so when travelling hardly any weight behind the rear axle.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2020, 12:50 PM   #6
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Looks like overhang is less than 60% than wheelbase perfectly legal and on a dual rear axle.
Water, tanks, house batteries, galley and storage is usually built midships in those.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2020, 02:27 PM   #7
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Looks like overhang is less than 60% than wheelbase perfectly legal and on a dual rear axle.
Water, tanks, house batteries, galley and storage is usually built midships in those.
Indeed, then the owner comes along and puts heaps of **** in the back that they don't need and hits the freeway with dog on lino handling characteristics
Old 14-11-2020, 02:31 PM   #8
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Indeed, then the owner comes along and puts heaps of **** in the back that they don't need and hits the freeway with dog on lino handling characteristics
so nothing is viable as the owner comes along and loads the rear and only the rear with tons of crap
and in this instance be it the bed/toilet n shower , some one must have quiet the collection of sex toys

2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2020, 02:32 PM   #9
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
so nothing is viable as the owner comes along and loads the rear and only the rear with tons of crap
and in this instance be it the bed/toilet n shower , some one must have quiet the collection of sex toys
I didn't pick you as quite the chap wodahs

Let's compare notes
Old 14-11-2020, 02:32 PM   #10
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Indeed, then the owner comes along and puts heaps of **** in the back that they don't need
Doubt it. The thing is designed for it on a dual wheeled rear axle. Light truck GVM would be around 6 ton. The rear island bed probably has limited storage under it unless they are storing bricks.

Old 14-11-2020, 02:39 PM   #11
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Doubt it. The thing is designed for it on a dual wheeled rear axle. Light truck GVM would be around 6 ton. The rear island bed probably has limited storage under it unless they are storing bricks.
That's news to me given the most common one is a Fiat Ducato, hence why in QLD and TAS the highest volume rotor is for this vehicle
Old 14-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #12
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
That's news to me given the most common one is a Fiat Ducato, hence why in QLD and TAS the highest volume rotor is for this vehicle
Dunno, thats an IVECO.

Old 30-12-2020, 11:56 AM   #13
351LTD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After spending a few days beach fishing over Christmas with more to come in the new year I have gone full circle and the need to be able to drive on the sand to go fishing is the winner over Payload so back to looking at 4x4s with the v8 Patrol (yes petrol) at the top of the list.Going back and forth between Petrol and Diesel so we shall see.
351LTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2020, 02:03 PM   #14
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do the Patrols still have dirt re sale value?
Toyota have stopped production of the 200 series, so I wouldn’t be surprised if low mileage examples end up having asking prices at or higher than RRP for the coming year.

Seen these the other day. The container is accomodation. The Mack would be better with a Suzuki Jimmy instead of a Smart car. No dramas with GVM or GCM. Thought of Rokwiz.

smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2020, 02:25 PM   #15
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post

Seen these the other day. The container is accomodation. The Mack would be better with a Suzuki Jimmy instead of a Smart car. No dramas with GVM or GCM. Thought of Rokwiz.
Container KW looks interesting, talked to a guy in Yarrawonga with a 6x6 MAN with a container conversion on the back.
That first picture is how I would like to ultimately set up my Louisville down the track. Using a gooseneck ball hitch if allowed. Otherwise a compact D'angelo 5th wheel plate.

Old 01-01-2021, 05:41 PM   #16
Swordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351LTD View Post
After spending a few days beach fishing over Christmas with more to come in the new year I have gone full circle and the need to be able to drive on the sand to go fishing is the winner over Payload so back to looking at 4x4s with the v8 Patrol (yes petrol) at the top of the list.Going back and forth between Petrol and Diesel so we shall see.
Take them for a drive if you haven't and if you can test towing your rig.

There's probably threads all over the internet debating which way to go.

My guess if you are hard core 4x4 person going to remote locations Toyota is way to go. T

he difference saved on the Patrol buys heaps of petrol plus it looks like it has better interior. The Patrol can be supercharged and can get you can get a nice V8 note.
Swordie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2021, 05:49 PM   #17
351LTD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not hard core 4x4 just abit of soft stuff and beach fishing as per last night ,saw the new year in sitting on the beach fishing,,like the idea of the patrol v8 which will give me my v8 fix !!
351LTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post