Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 26-09-2020, 10:50 AM   #6661
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

The graphs for today are ones we haven't looked at for awhile, the case and mortality rates per 100k adults for selected countries:

... and the CMR by continent where our region (Oceania) has fallen below Asia and Africa and is only just below the global average -

... and the CMR for selected countries which also shows Australia slightly above the global average -

... and the test percentages (based on adult population) for selected countries -

.. and the tests per identified case where Australia is still way out in front of most countries which suggests that we are possibly close to knowing what the real infection rate is -

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 26-09-2020, 11:36 AM   #6662
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Why do you think the laws came about? Everything is an opinion until it's been legislated and it has to be done that way because there are plenty of people in the community who feel other peoples' health isn't their responsibility. So then they get told it's the law as they'd otherwise have complete disregard for others. If we're unable to get a working vaccine and it sticks around for years I'd be willing to be everything I have (which isn't much to be honest) that legislation is introduced around it, including negligence for people that knowingly expose others.

If you see a difference between your legal obligations to not harm someone else's health versus your moral obligation to not harm them.. that may not yet be illegal.. IE: opinion.. then I think you're just proving what I'm saying to be honest.

You can't just run around out in the open as much as you like potentially infecting other people and expecting everyone else to just avoid you if they don't want to get sick. We know the virus is airborne, we know it hangs around on surfaces long enough to potentially catch it that way.

What you're basically saying is that you should be able to walk around as much as you like with a loaded gun. That's how I interpret what you're saying. If I'm wrong feel free to clarify.
If you are running with legislation, What about Andrews and his own Industrial Manslaughter laws........Cheif Officers and Senior Managers being accountable for deaths? Would love to see how a Director or a CEO would go in one of those cases if every answer they gave was “I don’t know who made any decisions”

5 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2020, 11:54 AM   #6663
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Because these are global data sets and the rest of the world doesn't run to our time.

As noted earlier, if I compile them before about 11:00 our time, a lot of the South American data isn't in so while the individual country data is based on the previous day (using GMT), the continent data is based on the last complete day which will be, for example, the 24th September today.

This is further complicated by the fact that whereas most countries are reporting from 00:00-23:59 as their day, we've chosen to make the Australian reporting period inconsistent with some States ending their day at 20:00 or 21:00 while others, like Victoria close each 24 hour period at 10:00.
Russell, would it be possible for your daily update to be about midday and split Australia/Rest of the world? The VIC daily update data is released closer to 11:00am. And when they are, the numbers don't match with your daily update.

**Plus, since the borders are closed and we can't travel overseas, who cares about the rest of the world anyway??
**Note: Comment made in 'Romulus' mode. ()
Old 26-09-2020, 12:02 PM   #6664
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
If you are running with legislation, What about Andrews and his own Industrial Manslaughter laws........Cheif Officers and Senior Managers being accountable for deaths? Would love to see how a Director or a CEO would go in one of those cases if every answer they gave was “I don’t know who made any decisions”
Jenny Mikakos, Victorian health minister thrown under the bus!

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...25-p55zeo.html
Old 26-09-2020, 12:58 PM   #6665
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Jenny Mikakos, Victorian health minister thrown under the bus!

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...25-p55zeo.html
She threw herself under the bus. Earlier this week, the HWU called for her resignation because of "breathtaking incompetence" and said Mikakos lacked "even a basic understanding of her portfolio" in light of her evidence during the hotel quarantine inquiry.

Not the first time she has lied, and been involved in corruption. Three times over her time in Parliament Mikakos had been involved in misuse of taxpayer funds. Three times! Think she would've learned after the first time. She botched her Minister for Youth Affairs role by forcing underage inmates into an adult prison. Which ended up at the Supreme Court of Victoria. She was also suspended from Parliament a couple of years ago.

As the VIC Health Minister, Mikakos was in charge of Victoria's health and the hotel quarantine. She failed miserably. She attempted to distance herself from decisions, specially regarding using private security for hotel quarantine, and had developed sudden amnesia it seems when she was questioned by Daniel Andrews. Who then stripped her of responsibility for hotel quarantine last month, and called for an inquiry. Her statements and evidence during the enquiry was truly laughable.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2020, 04:04 PM   #6666
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So Jenny Mikakos has resigned her portfolio,but I bet she hangs in there as long as she can on her $200k+ unearned salary as as an ordinary polly
2 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2020, 04:10 PM   #6667
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
So Jenny Mikakos has resigned her portfolio,but I bet she hangs in there as long as she can on her $200k+ unearned salary as as an ordinary polly
She has also resigned from Parliament.

Last edited by GO FURTHER; 26-09-2020 at 04:15 PM.
Old 26-09-2020, 04:24 PM   #6668
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post

But when will she resign from parliament,doesn’t say immediately!!
This user likes this post:
Old 26-09-2020, 04:51 PM   #6669
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post

It is a shame other ministers and senior public officials along with the Premier has not resigned.
I sincerely hope more will follow soon.
5 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2020, 05:02 PM   #6670
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

+700 people dead.

Manslaughter charges likely.

Department heads run things.

Politicians love publicity, often forget what they say but it’s all on video tape.

Sit back and watch them eat their own.

Jenny the first domino to fall.
4 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2020, 05:38 PM   #6671
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Victorian government saying it doesn't know who was responsible is deceptive. Of course they know.
Someone awarded the contract for payment to the security company.
That requires a signature or authorisation.
That signator has a department head or manager.
Simply follow the chain of command or hierarchy.

We're not all a bunch of fools.
3 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2020, 06:26 PM   #6672
78xcgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
It is a shame other ministers and senior public officials along with the Premier has not resigned.
I sincerely hope more will follow soon.
That is a silly view. What good is that going achieve. We need a stable government to get us out on the other side. Not a government ripped to shreds to please the Murdoch press and Liberal fan boys. Lets not forget Victoria prior to the pandemic had the nations leading economy.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2020, 07:30 PM   #6673
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78xcgxl View Post
That is a silly view. What good is that going achieve. We need a stable government to get us out on the other side. Not a government ripped to shreds to please the Murdoch press and Liberal fan boys. Lets not forget Victoria prior to the pandemic had the nations leading economy.
This just shows how incompetent the red raggers are when a bit of pressure is applied.While everything was rolling along just fine with the commo party riding on the libs prior achievments.But when a bit of leadership is needed the whole thing falls into a disastrous hole.Just imagine where the country would be if the labor party was trying to get the nation back on track.
7 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2020, 10:23 PM   #6674
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
What let a dysfunctional team keep on destroying peoples lives with their mismanagement, you can be Dans fan boy but I'm certainly not.
I just hope some other ministers in his government has got the guts to stand up and get rid of the loon.
7 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2020, 11:05 PM   #6675
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Russell, would it be possible for your daily update to be about midday and split Australia/Rest of the world? The VIC daily update data is released closer to 11:00am. And when they are, the numbers don't match with your daily update.

**Plus, since the borders are closed and we can't travel overseas, who cares about the rest of the world anyway??
Ungrateful much?...
Idea... How about YOU doing the daily figures??
And... There ARE people that view this forum that live in other parts of the world!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
2 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2020, 11:24 PM   #6676
78xcgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
This just shows how incompetent the red raggers are when a bit of pressure is applied.While everything was rolling along just fine with the commo party riding on the libs prior achievments.But when a bit of leadership is needed the whole thing falls into a disastrous hole.Just imagine where the country would be if the labor party was trying to get the nation back on track.
I love it when people compare the labor party to communism. What a joke and poor argument, do you even know what communism is bud? The point i was merely trying to make is that a state divided, is a state defeated. It is a health pandemic, not an opportunity for scoring political points. Pretty sad really, that people feel the need to politicise a world wide pandemic. It just goes to show how low people are willing to go. Calling for heads, and minsters to resign is just going to create unnecessary chaos in an already delicate situation, let the pandemic end before starting a political war that ends in nothing but boarder public losing and virus winning. The government and Victorian community needs to focus together on fighting the pandemic not the political crap. There is a place and time for that. What is done in the past is done, nothing can change that but what happens in the future we can. It is all about the bigger picture, some people need to open their eyes.
Old 26-09-2020, 11:25 PM   #6677
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Ungrateful much?...
Idea... How about YOU doing the daily figures??
And... There ARE people that view this forum that live in other parts of the world!
WHAT??? Ungrateful? For from it matey.

If you have been reading the thread you would have seen me occasionally posting the VIC daily numbers within an hour or so of Russell's daily update. The VIC update data is usually released about an hour after Russell does his daily update about 10:00am. Since VIC's position is the main focus point in Australia, I was merely making a suggestion so the Australian numbers would be accurate at the time of Russell doing his daily update.

If Russell is unable to, that's is perfectly fine. It's not a big drama. But maybe drama is something you seem to thrive on eh??
Old 26-09-2020, 11:33 PM   #6678
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I love it when people compare the labor party to communism. What a joke and poor argument, do you even know what communism is bud? The point i was merely trying to make is that a state divided, is a state defeated. It is a health pandemic, not an opportunity for scoring political points. Pretty sad really, that people feel the need to politicise a world wide pandemic. It just goes to show how low people are willing to go. Calling for heads, and minsters to resign is just going to create unnecessary chaos in an already delicate situation, let the pandemic end before starting a political war that ends in nothing but boarder public losing and virus winning. The government and Victorian community needs to focus together on fighting the pandemic not the political crap. There is a place and time for that. What is done in the past is done, nothing can change that but what happens in the future we can. It is all about the bigger picture, some people need to open their eyes.
Well would it have been too hard for Dan and his fellow sheep to admit that they made a total,balls up of the hotel security personnel,considering that the P.M offered the ADF but the worn out union rep party reckoned they knew best
7 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2020, 11:45 PM   #6679
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
WHAT??? Ungrateful? For from it matey.

If you have been reading the thread you would have seen me occasionally posting the VIC daily numbers within an hour or so of Russell's daily update. The VIC update data is usually released about an hour after Russell does his daily update about 10:00am. Since VIC's position is the main focus point in Australia, I was merely making a suggestion so the Australian numbers would be accurate at the time of Russell doing his daily update.

If Russell is unable to, that's is perfectly fine. It's not a big drama. But maybe drama is something you seem to thrive on eh??
Naah, Charliewool is chilled as. The most drama he gets in his life is if the bridge to the local town is still working so he can stock up on beer.
Russ fits his updates into his day, and he has busy days. I'm happy that he puts up this info to keep this thread a little sane.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them

@GasoLane;
7 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2020, 12:03 AM   #6680
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stubing View Post
Naah, Charliewool is chilled as. The most drama he gets in his life is if the bridge to the local town is still working so he can stock up on beer.
Russ fits his updates into his day, and he has busy days. I'm happy that he puts up this info to keep this thread a little sane.
We'll send this over for Charlie then...

https://www.pickles.com.au/trucks/it...idge/902306591

Yeah, yeah, I know, way off topic.
Old 27-09-2020, 07:18 AM   #6681
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow I don't know why I bother checking up on this thread. Some of you need to get a life start a hobby or do something with yourselves. All over a virus that affects +99% people no worse than a flu, just like my extended family overseas.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2020, 08:56 AM   #6682
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
Wow I don't know why I bother checking up on this thread. Some of you need to get a life start a hobby or do something with yourselves. All over a virus that affects +99% people no worse than a flu, just like my extended family overseas.
Then spare us from your supercilious attitude and don't bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford.
In short, no. You (and the rest of the country) have ready access to the AU data and the figures for VIC 14 day averages are correct for the day posted. You may not care about the rest of the World but it helps keep perspective.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 27-09-2020, 10:43 AM   #6683
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 23:45 GMT September 26th, 2020.

Note:
As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting except for the Victorian 14 day moving averages.
16 new cases for Australia and 1 death so the CMR rises to 3.220% while active cases drop to 1,575. NSW recorded 1 case, Queensland recorded 3, WA recorded one case and the balance were in Victoria.

The Victorian State 14 day moving average is now 25.71 with metro at 22.1 (31 unknown) and regional at 0.6 and no unknown cases. The 106 cases for Victoria is 58% lower than the previous week and the 26 deaths is the lowest since late July. Victoria reported 16 new cases for the last 24 hours.

2 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.365% and active cases rise to 61.

The UK had 6,041 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore those figures.

Just under 59k new cases in the USA yesterday and 920 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.877% and active cases drop to 35.3% with the raw numbers rising slightly. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global new cases pass 33M with the last 1M coming up in 3 days and the (sad) milestone of 1M deaths will likely be passed in the coming 24 hours;
Global cases reached a new high of 317,951 on the 25th;
Europe recorded a new daily case high of 60,449;
The USA completes 103M, India 70M and Canada 7M tests;

Moldova (868), Lebanon (1,280), Poland (1,587) and the Ukraine (3,833)all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 27-09-2020, 02:28 PM   #6684
leesa

https://honey.nine.com.au/latest/cor...6-c9bfacad2012

Marathon runner unable to breathe properly months after COVID-19: 'Like being on your deathbed'

Quote:
Just as Fox's health began to show positive signs, her post-viral syndrome began to target her heart.

Seven weeks after the original infection, the fit and healthy 36-year-old felt like she was about to have a heart attack.

"My fingers all swelled up, my heart rate went to over 120 bpm," Fox shares.

"And my heart rate stayed like that for five-and-a-half months after that initial infection."

Two weeks ago, Fox began urinating blood. Among her ongoing symptoms is muscle pain, tremors and sharp stabbing pains in her lungs.

"My lungs, my heart and now my kidneys have been affected by this. I still can't talk properly," she says.
She's part of the statistics that "recovered" tho. Anyone have any guesses as to her life expectancy? Think she'll lead a full life?

2 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2020, 03:38 PM   #6685
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
https://honey.nine.com.au/latest/cor...6-c9bfacad2012

Marathon runner unable to breathe properly months after COVID-19: 'Like being on your deathbed'

She's part of the statistics that "recovered" tho. Anyone have any guesses as to her life expectancy? Think she'll lead a full life?
I'll go with normal and probably.

Old 27-09-2020, 04:11 PM   #6686
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
I'll go with normal and probably.
You don't think her athletic career might take a bit of a hit?
Old 27-09-2020, 04:16 PM   #6687
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:

So much we don't know about the long term effects. Seems like every part of the body is affected, strange new stuff
Old 27-09-2020, 04:51 PM   #6688
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Thumbs up Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Quote:
In short, no. You (and the rest of the country) have ready access to the AU data and the figures for VIC 14 day averages are correct for the day posted.
I can see how my question may have come across as being unappreciative. Forgot to use the word 'please' there. But ok, not a problem. Appreciate you keeping us updated.

Quote:
You may not care about the rest of the World but it helps keep perspective.
Quote:
Russ, I think you may have missed the fine print underlined above. Was a cheeky comment made in tone with a certain forum member, who's comments come across as very self-centred. Most definitely not a case of not caring about the rest of the world from my side. Having family and friends living/working in just over 20 different countries around the world atm, quite the opposite actually.

Last edited by Tickford.; 27-09-2020 at 04:57 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2020, 06:35 PM   #6689
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.spectator.com.au/2020/06...El3KQCukE_gRI8
Old 27-09-2020, 06:40 PM   #6690
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
You don't think her athletic career might take a bit of a hit?
No it wont, she works in medical sales, but that wasn't the question that was asked and I was answering.

You got caught in the click bait headline and didn't read the article I guess.

Just for interest - sounds a lot like the way some people have long lasting issues from the flu

https://www.health.com/condition/col...g-term-effects

Last edited by tweeked; 27-09-2020 at 06:47 PM.
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread