Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-09-2020, 10:00 PM   #6451
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

I believe Angela Merkel is a scientist by trade....lets hope their checks and balances are sound. But this is promising. Whilst a lot of people are doubtful of an early vaccine, I think we will be surprised at what can be achieved when we focus on a common cause.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/he...e-b445214.html

"First approval for Covid-19 vaccine could be granted by end of 2020, says Germany

The head of Germany's vaccine regulator has said the first approvals for a Covid-19 vaccine could be granted at the end of 2020 or in early 2021.

Klaus Cichutek, head of the Paul Ehrlich Institute, said regulators would not be less thorough than usual when evaluating applications for approval for COVID-19 vaccines.

Germany has said it is providing up to 750 million euros to support three domestic pharmaceutical companies developing vaccines against the new coronavirus.

Science minister Anja Karliczek said the government had already agreed to provide BioNTech and CureVac with 375 million euros and 230-million euros respectively to develop their mRNA-based vaccines."
Old 16-09-2020, 12:08 AM   #6452
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am really getting sick of everyone blaming everything on Covid
especially in Perth.
Order some food, and first thing you get is some big son & dance about how delivery may be delayed due to covid?
How?
Is the food cooking slower? Are their drivers having to go into quarantine?

And WTF is Australia Post's excuse? 8 months in and they are still blaming everything on covid.
I'm not talking about Melbourne, where people may be legitimately sick or unable to work due to lockdown.
Sure a lot more people are buying stuff online, but they've had over half a year to adapt.

I buy most of my automotive requirements from my local Autopro. I walk in, they serve me, I leave.
No BS about covid causing delays.
6 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2020, 06:49 AM   #6453
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
I believe the regional cop car scanners can pick up the distinctive accent
Honestly occifer, I’m a country member.

RokWiz will be dreading the campgrounds soon restocked with nomads having late-night fireside singalongs.
This user likes this post:
Old 16-09-2020, 07:04 AM   #6454
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Honestly occifer, I’m a country member.

RokWiz will be dreading the campgrounds soon restocked with nomads having late-night fireside singalongs.

The locals will be suspicious of any outsiders.
Will be easy to check against car rego garaged addresses.

Stuff caravan parks, I'm sticking with the motel atm. cheaper, free wi fi, good restaurant, free supply of bio fuel.
Who could ask for more.

Old 16-09-2020, 09:15 AM   #6455
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
And WTF is Australia Post's excuse? 8 months in and they are still blaming everything on covid.
Did Auspost have to reduce their workforce in other states? I heard that they may have had to reduce numbers, and also change the roster, so that if if there is an outbreak in one facility, it can be contained to a fewer staff as possible. This might mean routing packages in a non efficient way, to meet rosters, impacting delivery times.
The weird thing is, it takes ages for my packages to get from QLD or NSW to Vic. But once it is in Vic, it arrives at my door usually within a day!
Old 16-09-2020, 09:29 AM   #6456
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: Covid 19 -

I'm in Darwin and received a note in my mailbox yesterday from Auspost stating they are reducing their deliveries to every 2nd day instead of daily now, citing Covid reasons.

Can't work out why as our state has been Covid free for weeks.

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
Old 16-09-2020, 09:47 AM   #6457
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi View Post
Re the case numbers in Israel, the “high holy days” are around the corner so it’s well possible that cases diagnosed will spike accordingly and only taper off in January.
This (below) may produce some interesting results in a few weeks. Prior to the accession by Ukraine’s administration re visiting by pilgrims, there was a mammoth amount of scheming and black-marketeering around gaining entry.

https://plus61j.net.au/panel-picks/u...lgrimage-uman/
Old 16-09-2020, 10:12 AM   #6458
leesa

Have you guys considered asking them why? If your food is taking longer, why not just politely enquire as to why? Deliveries, same deal.
Jumping to outrage is probably a natural response but where does it get you other than angry and stressed? I do it at times too but perhaps this year is as good as any for some self-reflection, previous generations seemed to be a little more laid back and accepting but we're all wound so tight these days that if there's even a slight inconvenience it's as if it's the end of the world and someone's head must roll for it. Just chill, this year is ****ed, we all know it, cogs are turning in the background that we never usually see and covid has thrown a spanner in the works and yeah some businesses are probably going to use that as an excuse for poor practises but there's not much you can do about it. Find a healthy outlet to vent it and defuse, taking aim at businesses and the dude or chick who works behind the counter/answers the phone probably isn't going to achieve much.

Old 16-09-2020, 10:27 AM   #6459
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6 View Post
I'm in Darwin and received a note in my mailbox yesterday from Auspost stating they are reducing their deliveries to every 2nd day instead of daily now, citing Covid reasons.

Can't work out why as our state has been Covid free for weeks.
We received the same flyer except it wasn't deliveries, it was letters. Letters will be every second day until June 2021 so they can focus more on quicker parcel delivery. That's what our flyer said anyway.
Old 16-09-2020, 10:54 AM   #6460
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

47 new cases for Australia and for the first time since July 14th (65 days), zero deaths so the CMR drops to 3.052% and active cases drop to 2,271. NSW recorded 7 cases, Queensland 1 and the balance were in Victoria. The Victorian State 14 day moving average is now 60.29 with metro at 49.6 (81 unknown) and regional at 3.5 with only 1 unknown and we know that regional areas have moved to Step 3 effective tonight.

3 new cases and zero deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.333% and active cases fall to 87.

The UK had 3,103 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore those figures.

Just over 38k new cases in the USA yesterday and 480 deaths sees CMR fall to 2.948% and active cases drop to 37.4% with the raw numbers dropping again. While there has been some improvement this last week, the USA will likely pass 200k deaths sometime today. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
India completes 58M, Russia 41M, UK 20M and Poland 3M tests;
India passes 5M cases;

Angola (130), Palestine (888) and Nepal (1,459) all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2020, 11:17 AM   #6461
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
especially in Perth... .
Any parcel from China seems to sit in quarantine for 3 weeks before it moves on. Had some exhaust work done recently, and found multiple shops had barely any stock, and a 1 month estimate to get more in. Ended up ordering online and even they only sent me half my order
Old 16-09-2020, 11:43 AM   #6462
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
We received the same flyer except it wasn't deliveries, it was letters. Letters will be every second day until June 2021 so they can focus more on quicker parcel delivery. That's what our flyer said anyway.
Pretty sure Austpost floated the idea a couple of years ago where mail deliveries would be cut back,but if you wanted to,pay they would deliver every day.Really with the amount of mail that gets delivered rather than electronically it wouldn’t matter to most of us if there were only 2 deliveries per week
Old 16-09-2020, 01:00 PM   #6463
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
especially in Perth.
Order some food, and first thing you get is some big son & dance about how delivery may be delayed due to covid?
How?
Is the food cooking slower? Are their drivers having to go into quarantine?

I'm not talking about Melbourne, where people may be legitimately sick or unable to work due to lockdown.
Sure a lot more people are buying stuff online, but they've had over half a year to adapt.

I buy most of my automotive requirements from my local Autopro. I walk in, they serve me, I leave.
No BS about covid causing delays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous1
tell me about it 6 months later and most of its done will upload more as I go.
I'd hazard a guess that delivery orders numbers are through the roof but everyone still expects theirs quickly.
Kitchens are the same size and staff are working hard including the huge number of delivery riders but it still results in longer wait times.
Old 16-09-2020, 03:07 PM   #6464
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Add an extra week from the city to here in the regions of the State of Disaster.
It is what it is.
Silliest one was ordering in Geelong, it went up to Melbourne first, then back down to Geelong area. The parcel must have thrived on danger.
Old 16-09-2020, 04:04 PM   #6465
tweeked
N/A all the way

The "reduce staff to 1/3" in Victoria is causing a flow on throughout the country. 1/3 of the sorting staff in Sunshine means unsorted parcel fro Melbourne are diverted, sending even Melbourne local parcels to go often by Chullora in Sydney. Chullora sortation centre is therefore running behind. And it spreads from there.

Old 16-09-2020, 05:24 PM   #6466
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
47 new cases for Australia and for the first time since July 14th (65 days), zero deaths so the CMR drops to 3.052% and active cases drop to 2,271. NSW recorded 7 cases, Queensland 1 and the balance were in Victoria. The Victorian State 14 day moving average is now 60.29 with metro at 49.6 (81 unknown) and regional at 3.5 with only 1 unknown and we know that regional areas have moved to Step 3 effective tonight.

3 new cases and zero deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.333% and active cases fall to 87.

The UK had 3,103 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore those figures.

Just over 38k new cases in the USA yesterday and 480 deaths sees CMR fall to 2.948% and active cases drop to 37.4% with the raw numbers dropping again. While there has been some improvement this last week, the USA will likely pass 200k deaths sometime today. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
India completes 58M, Russia 41M, UK 20M and Poland 3M tests;
India passes 5M cases;

Angola (130), Palestine (888) and Nepal (1,459) all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.
delete
Old 16-09-2020, 05:27 PM   #6467
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Not so good result overnight for VIC compared to yesterday's.

As of 11am today, 42 new cases and 8 additional lives lost in the 24 hours to.
Old 16-09-2020, 05:40 PM   #6468
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Not so good result overnight for VIC compared to yesterday's.

As of 11am today, 42 new cases and 8 additional lives lost in the 24 hours to.
I think you need to look at the testing rate too
Old 16-09-2020, 05:57 PM   #6469
FairmontGS
WT WRC GT Line
Donating Member3

I see that a study out today reckons that 60k Australians have had the plague without ever reporting based on anti-body results from testing. The wife and I had the worst case of flu ever back in January which I reckon I got on the train to work. We were bed-ridden for a week, vomiting, snot, the whole lot.

I might go get tested and see if that was Wu-flu.
Old 16-09-2020, 06:22 PM   #6470
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
I see that a study out today reckons that 60k Australians have had the plague without ever reporting based on anti-body results from testing.
Yes, that was an ANU report released this morning. The study was conducted just before Australia's second wave of outbreaks.

Quote:
"We screened 3,000 blood samples provided by healthy people around Australia for antibodies to the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.

"Our best estimate is that around 0.28 per cent of Australians - one in 350 - had been infected with SARS-CoV-2 by that time. This suggests that instead of 11,000 cases we know about from nasal swab testing, about 70,000 people had been exposed overall," said Associate Professor Cockburn.
https://www.anu.edu.au/news/all-news...covid-19-cases
Old 16-09-2020, 06:40 PM   #6471
Trevor 57
is now there

This is my post first in this thread, I just wanted to tell you that I LIVE IN REGIONAL VICTORIA

Old 16-09-2020, 06:52 PM   #6472
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Now you can come visit us in Melbourne! We've missed you!
Old 16-09-2020, 07:53 PM   #6473
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Kitchens are the same size and staff are working hard including the huge number of delivery riders but it still results in longer wait times.
My complaint is organisations unjustifiably blaming everything on covid.

We have had an ongoing issue with Ubereats, to the point that we nolonger use it. When you order something, they then offer free delivery to anyone in your area for certain period of time. That's bad enough, but we live in Wanneroo near the lake. As the crow-flies, we're very close to Joondalup which apparently is all their system works on. Unfortunately there is a ****ing great swamp in the way. So I get a message saying "Sandeep is making a delivery on the way" then sit and watch as he drives my food to Joondalup, and then takes another half an hour to drive back around the lake.
But when I try and complain about this flaw, they blame the delay on Covid

I wanted to get a cheap battery from Repco whilst they still had them on special. So even though my local Repco was closed I was able to place the order online and opt for the $5 delivery charge. Every freakin time I contacted Repco, they told me that delays were due to Covid!?! Why? How?
Finally, on about the 3rd call, they figured out that because my local had been closed, the system had diverted my order to another store
So I got put through to them, and they said they were waiting for me to come and collect the order (even though I paid for delivery.)

Finally got it delivered, and they sent me the wrong ****ing battery.
Apparently Covid is to blame for stupidity too!
3 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2020, 08:07 PM   #6474
Rallye Sport
RS The Faster Fords

Quote:

We have had an ongoing issue with Ubereats, to the point that we nolonger use it. When you order something, they then offer free delivery to anyone in your area for certain period of time. That's bad enough, but we live in Wanneroo near the lake. As the crow-flies, we're very close to Joondalup which apparently is all their system works on. Unfortunately there is a ****ing great swamp in the way. So I get a message saying "Sandeep is making a delivery on the way" then sit and watch as he drives my food to Joondalup, and then takes another half an hour to drive back around the lake.

I wanted to get a cheap battery from Repco whilst they still had them on special. So even though my local Repco was closed I was able to place the order online and opt for the $5 delivery charge. Every freakin time I contacted Repco, they told me that delays were due to Covid!?! Why? How?
Finally, on about the 3rd call, they figured out that because my local had been closed, the system had diverted my order to another store
So I got put through to them, and they said they were waiting for me to come and collect the order (even though I paid for delivery.)

They've been talking about building a bridge over the lake for years

I lived there for many years, plenty of places to get parts and food, hop on your bike and support local maybe? we're not under lockdown. Or head over the lake and join us on the beach side?
FG XR50 Daily.
Old 16-09-2020, 08:15 PM   #6475
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

I like that some posts are being reported for being off topic.

I can't herd cats and don't propose to learn how.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
Old 16-09-2020, 08:27 PM   #6476
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:

With regards to food delivery services, don't ever use them. Got to product review and look at the ratings these services get, then read some of tbe reviews.
As far as I'm concerned, there is a racket going on between the deliverers stealing food and then either eating it themselves (I've seen this happen in front of where I live), on-selling or giving it to family or friends, and the companies themselves, holding customers to account for their mistakes, structuring payment, refund and enquiries/complaints to nowhere.
DO NOT USE THEM.

If the restaurant doesn't have an in-house delivery service, get the food yourself.
Old 16-09-2020, 08:32 PM   #6477
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
This is my post first in this thread, I just wanted to tell you that I LIVE IN REGIONAL VICTORIA

Yeah, but your still in Victoria, ya poor bugger........
2 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2020, 12:49 AM   #6478
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallye Sport View Post
They've been talking about building a bridge over the lake for years:
CoW will happily build the bridge...
Right after you thieving bastards give us back our Library, Council Building, Train Station, Football Stadium, Basketball Arena and the WANNEROO Wolves.
(Plus the millions in rates you made off with)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallye Sport View Post
plenty of places to get parts
I grab most of my parts from the local Autopro. Or my local Repco in Wangara.

And yes, for most intents and purposes, there is no covid in WA. Sometimes its good to separated from the rest of the world by thousands of miles of ocean and desert.
I'm just waiting for Magoo to announce that he's building a wall.
Old 17-09-2020, 08:44 AM   #6479
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Yeah, but your still in Victoria, ya poor bugger........

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351
Now you can come visit us in Melbourne! We've missed you!
NO he can't. At the current restriction levels travel into Zone 4 is not allowed except for the same reasons that were allowed last week. In fact, for us, the reduction in restrictions and the subsequent clampdown on the exits from Melbourne actually make the limited (legitimate) travel into that area harder as we will now end up queueing on the way back for inspection.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2020, 10:51 AM   #6480
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

40 new cases for Australia 8 deaths so the CMR rises to 3.077% and active cases drop to 2,229. NSW recorded 10 cases, Queensland 1 and the balance were in Victoria. The Victorian State 14 day moving average is now 56.86 with metro at 44.4 (83 unknown) and regional at 2.9 with only 1 unknown. It should be noted that considerably more tests were conducted yesterday than the previous two days.

1 new case and 1 death for NZ so CMR is 1.387% and active cases fall to 79.

The UK had 3,991 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore those figures.

Just under 39k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,197 deaths sees CMR rise to 2.949% and active cases drop to 37.1% with the raw numbers dropping again. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 30M with the last 1M only taking 3 days;
The USA passes 200k deaths;
The USA completes 94M, India 59M and Italy 10M tests;
India passes 5M cases;
Europe records a new daily high for cases with 49,166;
Asia records a new daily high for cases with 132,292;

Tunisia (477), Bahrain (841 - the highest since June 6th); Nepal (1,539), Romania (1,713), Netherlands (1,542 - the highest since April 10th), Czechia (2,136 - almost double the previous high), Indonesia (3,963), Israel (6,063), Spain (11,193) and India (97,859) all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread