Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 01:38 PM   #1
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
TAS Greens senator upsetting the locals by going to his holiday home:

https://www.themercury.com.au/news/c...2c420690bd4dda
Need a sub to view that cob.
A petulant Green doing their own thing that contradicts their principles is no surprise.
Another silver lining of this should put an end to Green/watermelon politics and their delusional support base.
If predictions for a post lockdown financial downturn eventuates, people are going to have more things to worry about than cycle lanes, increasing the refugee quota, making more gender neutral bathrooms available or increasing the amount of women in managerial positions.
The Greens unrealistic ideologically driven policies that don't deliver in the real world are going to be at the bottom of peoples priorities when businesses are folding and they're been laid off.
5 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 01:43 PM   #2
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
A petulant Green doing their own thing that contradicts their principles is no surprise.
Another silver lining of this should put an end to Green/watermelon politics and their delusional support base.
If predictions for a post lockdown financial downturn eventuates, people are going to have more things to worry about than cycle lanes, increasing the refugee quota, making more gender neutral bathrooms available or increasing the amount of women in managerial positions.
The Greens unrealistic ideologically driven policies that don't deliver in the real world are going to be at the bottom of peoples priorities when businesses are folding and they're been laid off.
This user likes this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 01:48 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Quote:
Greens Senator Peter Whish-Wilson’s East Coast getaway has angered locals

A TASMANIAN politician staying at his East Coast shack has sparked anger among locals who say it “sends the wrong message”.

Greens Senator Peter Whish-Wilson said he been given the all clear from police on Saturday after self presenting to verify that staying at his Bicheno holiday home wasn't a breach of government-enforced protocols.

But Federal MP Lyons Brian Mitchell said by visiting his coastal residence, Mr Whish-Wilson had “disregarded pleas to stay home” by healthcare workers nationwide.

Mr Whish-Wilson said that apart from a parliamentary trip to Canberra last week, he had spent the past four weeks staying in the seaside town – arriving before Premier Peter Gutwein introduced a ban on Tasmanians visiting rural shacks.

A Bicheno local on Saturday told The Mercury Mr Whish-Wilson was seen near shops and beaches and not in self-quarantine.

Under federal legislation, senators and federal MPs are exempt from the recently-enforced 14-day isolation period for new arrivals to Tasmania.

“The police assessed my circumstances and have made it clear I am not currently in breach of the legislation and guidelines,” Mr Whish-Wilson said.

“I have fully complied with the stay at home directions and have been in my home in Bicheno for almost four weeks now with the exception of a brief visit to Canberra for parliament.

“I understand the fear and uncertainty in many Tasmanian communities at the moment – it’s important that we stay together as communities, support each other, follow the guidelines on staying home and staying safe during this time.”

Classic example of do as I say not as I do, everyone has to abide by these restrictions - except senators
Old 12-04-2020, 08:10 PM   #4
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:

Classic example of do as I say not as I do, everyone has to abide by these restrictions - except senators
You drive one (almost)!

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
Old 12-04-2020, 08:38 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy View Post
You drive one (almost)!
Same weak sauce boat anchor engine just the cars a little bigger that's all
Old 12-04-2020, 02:05 PM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
The ALP is trying to appease the Greens because they're a political threat in inner suburban seats, at least in Victoria, particularly Brunswick that is essentially The Great Wall of Quinoa.

That's why they're seeing leaders such as Albo who is too easy going and weak to lead a political party, he doesn't have the capability to rule the party with an iron fist to keep the factions under control.

They've shifted away from their traditional voter base trying to cosy up to the Greens and the Twitterati as such their traditional voters have started voting LNP and now One Nation.

Now we've got serious economic issues on the horizon all this BS is going to go by the wayside for the average voter, but the ALP are too insulated to see it.

Interesting times politically, I'm predicting 20% GST on the horizon.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:16 PM   #7
hayseed

Quote:

Interesting times politically, I'm predicting 20% GST on the horizon.

My predictions are;
GST of 15%
End of Franking Credits.
removal of the 50% reduction in Capital Gains tax...
Some type of Death Tax.

Our Kids will be paying for this for Decades to Come I reckon..
Old 12-04-2020, 05:20 PM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
My predictions are;
GST of 15%
End of Franking Credits.
removal of the 50% reduction in Capital Gains tax...
Some type of Death Tax.

Our Kids will be paying for this for Decades to Come I reckon..
Add increase to excise on fuel also
Old 12-04-2020, 06:25 PM   #9
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Add increase to excise on fuel also

And taxes on cigarettes and alcohol to increase.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Old 12-04-2020, 06:29 PM   #10
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
And taxes on cigarettes and alcohol to increase.
Might have Pokies in high schools too
Old 12-04-2020, 07:24 PM   #11
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Might have Pokies in high schools too
But everybody knows, pokies ain’t allowed in school.
4 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 05:39 PM   #12
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Going on the absolute base numbers 6300 cases nationwide detected with 59 fatalities ... 0.93% fatality rate at the minute .

Look at Europe and the USA and such .. The UK had almost a thousand go yesterday and are nearly to 10,000 all up already . We all know about Italy , Spain , France etc..The U.S. is 20,000 plus .

Apart from the cruise ship balls up we're doing pretty well .

Maybe we should be grateful we're not yet running up massive numbers with cases and deceased .

No matter what we'll gripe about what happens next, when things resume , too much media content (my pet hate) , when social gatherings , hospital and nursing home visits are more normal again and if sport returns etc.

We can temper our gripes when we look at our current situation compared to most of the rest of the planet .

Last edited by roddy1960; 12-04-2020 at 06:05 PM.
Closed Thread