Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-01-2020, 01:26 AM   #1
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 2007 Throttle Position Sensor

Hi guys. I have been quoted about 1k for a replacement TPS on a 2007 Focus 2.0 petrol. Not from a dealer but another well known place. I have never doubted the place I go to previous but can someone tell me it would be about that price from these places and dealers. I will look for other quotes but I am just after a guide. Whats involved, cost of TPS and please don't say u can buy one from ebay/China for 50$ and no I cant fit it myself. Thanks
Old 17-01-2020, 01:37 AM   #2
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: 2007 Throttle Position Sensor

Shouldn't be too hard per https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyx-lzAPjjc and even an OEM Ford TPS from the dealer should be less than $100.
Old 17-01-2020, 02:45 AM   #3
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
Shouldn't be too hard per https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyx-lzAPjjc and even an OEM Ford TPS from the dealer should be less than $100.
I will be bitterly disappointed if that's the case. Thank you for your help.
Old 17-01-2020, 10:30 AM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Genuine Ford part number 4F9U 9E928 AC. Should be around $180 from Ford dealer.

Even the whole throttle body is around $350, so not sure where the $1000 comes from?

Should only be about 1 hour labour at a guess.

Where about are you located, if in Sydney, can help refer a good place to go?
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2020, 02:18 AM   #5
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks GTLEGEND. I wonder if I should ring our local dealer. Gold Coast.
Second quote 700$, another well known, mobile this time. Being as it looks likely we are divesting ourselves of the car it probably wont get done but it is interesting. I might try getting some local quotes through auto guru as I have just done quotes through them for shocks on my XR6T. Big gaps in them too form 1300 down to 860 all supposedly using OEM shocks. I am always wary of the cheapest quote when it is so much lower.
Over the last 6-7 years I have had servicing done mainly at a place of convenience. I probably knew there were cheaper places but all in all I was happy with what I was getting. I have rethought that recently and my daughter moved so now looking for convenient for her car and that has bought me to be looking around more.

Last edited by deesun; 22-01-2020 at 02:25 AM.
deesun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post