Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-04-2006, 01:26 AM   #1
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default E-series flasher not far away!!

This may be old news but here goes anyway. As per another thread posted by me, i got my car dynod today and i got to talking to the mechanic and he was saying he was speaking to CAPA and they are supposidly about a month or so away from releasing a flasher for the good ol E-series I dont know a heap of info about it but but its gonno go for bout a grand he reckons, he was also saying he has a line about a mile long af E-series boys wanting one too. My only problem is i dont have the dollars at the moment to get myself one.

starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 01:38 AM   #2
BABOSS

Damn! Here i was thinking we would have boobies to look at as part of E-series :sm_drool: :
BABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 01:52 AM   #3
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlasherEF
Damn! Here i was thinking we would have boobies to look at as part of E-series :sm_drool: :
lol sorry to dissapoint mate!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:49 AM   #4
EA2BA
PM me if you want

This is all good news, but I thought it was going to only be ef/el as no one has ever been bothered with the ea/eb/ed and its been around for how long. Oh should I say that I doubt they would do the 6 in a hurry either.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 07:58 AM   #5
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Here's hopin they do make one for the EF. Sign me up!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:23 AM   #6
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im already waiting in the line with a well known Melb tuner lol! Cant wait till Capa release it, and the tuners go wild (Of course we wont get anything like the BA boys, but oh well)
Old 04-04-2006, 09:26 AM   #7
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

If you look at the ads for the CAPA flasher in magazines it says, EF/EL coming soon.

I wasn't going to mod my car any further, but when this comes out I may have to reconsider :hihi:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 09:58 AM   #8
NZ
~~~

Should make my eb a bit quicker ;)

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 11:10 AM   #9
delta
Turbo TQE Operator

I personally think the e-series edit is like the second coming of christ. Its been happening soon for how many years??

Would be nice to be proved wrong (the edit I mean) coz then I can rip out the 8860 and put it on sumthing else. But I won't be holding my breath.
delta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 11:12 AM   #10
honer
Back to N/A land

Its been 'soon' for what, 2 years now ?
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 02:15 PM   #11
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

how do flashers compare to chips such as a powerchip,unichip,chiptorque,...etc??
Old 04-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #12
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmmm I guess like AU/BA edit the end user wont be able to get hold of the tuning software....
Perana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 03:10 PM   #13
XRated
Shoot.

Prob just for the EEC V though??

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 03:38 PM   #14
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Hmmm, I Dont think it will be as versatile as the BA edit (I could be wrong) but Lets look at the Value of edit Vs the MS2 set up. for the same money you could have some thing that is tuneable on the spot so forth

there are advantages for both but Im going MS2
Old 04-04-2006, 03:43 PM   #15
335JET
@jas_23_

will it be available for 6's or 8's
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #16
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Wow, how many times have these type of threads been posted now? I remember back on ff.com there were companies saying the E-Series edit is around the corner. We're all still waiting so the companies can work out how to maximise profit on 10 year old information.

Quote:
Hmmm, I Dont think it will be as versatile as the BA edit (I could be wrong) but Lets look at the Value of edit Vs the MS2 set up. for the same money you could have some thing that is tuneable on the spot so forth
If BA edit pricing is anything to go by, these units will be around $1400 tuned, and you won't be able to tune them yourself, only dealers will have the software to make any changes.

I could be wrong too, but I don't see any advantages of the Edit over a ChipTorque, except there will be a few more dyno shops that can tune them, rather than having to wait for Lachlan to tune the ChipTorque...

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 05:38 PM   #17
honer
Back to N/A land

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass

Trans functions, simplicity, no chopping of the loom, can revert back to stock easily....... The list goes on.

Tuning factory PCM is simply the best way to do things. There is doubt it will be as versitile as the BA Edit, the gains probably just won't be as a great.
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #18
5speedeb
now with 3.73 lsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4u
how do flashers compare to chips such as a powerchip,unichip,chiptorque,...etc??
allows you to change factory settings such as rev limiter speed limiter

fuel maps ignition ect ect. In a way is kinda like hacking into the computer and changing all the settings

so much stuff you can do
5speedeb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #19
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honer
Trans functions, simplicity, no chopping of the loom, can revert back to stock easily....... The list goes on.

Tuning factory PCM is simply the best way to do things. There is doubt it will be as versitile as the BA Edit, the gains probably just won't be as a great.
Yeah for sure! That’s why I said there are advantages for both, but were all looking for better ways of getting that extra kw and when your getting above the 160 mark you need extra control and finer adjustment.
I guess it will suit different applications and my case with the supercharger and rebuild by the end of the year the MS2 is the better option and probably cheaper. 

Easy fix for the Trans functions.......add a 3rd pedal and a 5th gear!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:07 PM   #20
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

If the CAPA chip has controls for every part of the ECU then it would be worthwhile, I would say it has a bare minimum of modifier tables though.

If you could get a complete BIN file for the ECU, and a TwEECer RT, this would be an unbeatable setup IMO. But seeing as the US Mustang A9L ECU isn't completely unlocked yet, there isn't much hope for aussie EEC's, unless Ford Australia release the BIN files.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #21
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

SOunds pretty good to me, altho, $1400 bucks mmmmmmmmmm..........
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
HSVETAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 12:12 AM   #22
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass

Yeah but dont ya have to put the ms2 together yourself? I was gonna go for that but im not too confident on my electronic skills.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #23
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkersEB
Yeah but dont ya have to put the ms2 together yourself? I was gonna go for that but im not too confident on my electronic skills.
Same I cant solder anything other than a kick *** stereo or a ecu mod for the manual conversion! Im paying some one to put it together for me, and it will still be cheaper than 1400! plus it has data logging for the 1/4 mile runs or track days!