Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-06-2019, 09:07 PM   #1
Vekgib

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

I'm 53. I've been taking medication for depression, diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol for 15 years. Until about a month ago. I came to the conclusion that none of it was working. So, I stopped all medication and seeing doctors and am now just letting nature take its course.
I have an actual date for early next year in mind where, if things haven't improved by then, I'm out. I can't cope anymore.

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2019, 12:26 AM   #2
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Wow man, im sorry to hear that, you're obviously doing it pretty tough at the minute but im glad you've taken the opportunity to reach out and share your feelings.
None of us are trained professionals, but were here to listen if that helps.

I can sort of relate to where you're coming from, apart from the diabetes, mind you at around 130kg's its probably only a matter of time if I don't get my **** into gear again and do some walking.
I find walking to be quite beneficial, I've got a dodgy knee but I do my best to push through it in order to walk when I can as I find the time alone in the fresh air an opportunity to think about things a little clearer, never been one for the Gym environment.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2019, 03:00 PM   #3
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekgib View Post
I'm 53. I've been taking medication for depression, diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol for 15 years. Until about a month ago. I came to the conclusion that none of it was working. So, I stopped all medication and seeing doctors and am now just letting nature take its course.
I have an actual date for early next year in mind where, if things haven't improved by then, I'm out. I can't cope anymore.
Mate with your last comment please find someone to talk to or new doctor. If you can't think of yourself, consider the people around you. I have witnessed the devastation first hand to friends and family, also had the chance to possibly help and do regret not saying anything.
All the best Mark,,,
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2019, 08:12 PM   #4
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:

I hope things have improved for you.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 12-09-2019, 02:36 PM   #5
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Hey vekgib,

Been a while since I've been in this thread and just saw your post. And it's shocked me a little. As per the other posts, please reach out to someone and talk through your situation with them, whilst most of us may not be able to help solve your problems, maybe just talking to someone will be a first good step.

If it's not a doctor, or a family member, or a friend, try one of the following:

Lifeline 13 11 14
Beyond Blue 1300 224 636
Men's Helpline 1300 78 99 78

Or if you prefer, chat with someone on here. PM me if you feel that will help and I'll give you my mobile number.

Just talk to someone mate. If you feel like you are a burden to your family and/or friends, I can assure you that there will be a lot more people who will miss you than those who will be relieved you are gone.

Please come back in here and let us know how you are going. We just want to make sure you're ok.

Please take care of yourself.

Craig

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2020, 06:57 PM   #6
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Hey vekgib,

Been a while since I've been in this thread and just saw your post. And it's shocked me a little. As per the other posts, please reach out to someone and talk through your situation with them, whilst most of us may not be able to help solve your problems, maybe just talking to someone will be a first good step.

If it's not a doctor, or a family member, or a friend, try one of the following:

Lifeline 13 11 14
Beyond Blue 1300 224 636
Men's Helpline 1300 78 99 78

Or if you prefer, chat with someone on here. PM me if you feel that will help and I'll give you my mobile number.

Just talk to someone mate. If you feel like you are a burden to your family and/or friends, I can assure you that there will be a lot more people who will miss you than those who will be relieved you are gone.

Please come back in here and let us know how you are going. We just want to make sure you're ok.

Please take care of yourself.

Craig
Vekgib logged on to this site yesterday.

http://fordforums.com.au/member.php?u=2228554

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 12-01-2020, 08:54 PM   #7
Vekgib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Vekgib logged on to this site yesterday.

http://fordforums.com.au/member.php?u=2228554

Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post on this thread.
Things are not perfect, but they are significantly better than when I typed that post. A new doctor, new medication, and most importantly, a new outlook have all contributed.
As I said, I'm not great, but in a better place. Occasionally, I take a step or two backwards. But who doesn't at some stage ?
Thank you again gentlemen. Although "thank you" doesn't say enough. Reading your comments make for a humbling experience.
FWIW, the date I had in mind was this Thursday, 16 January. It's unfortunately significant to my dad ( R.I.P ) and I.
But I'll be logging in on Thursday and Friday. And hopefully for a long time after that.
Gentlemen, if any of you are struggling, please reach out. To a friend, a doctor, a workmate, even people you've never met on an internet forum.
I did, and I'm glad.
It's OK to say you're not OK.

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2020, 09:36 PM   #8
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Thank you, truly.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2020, 09:51 PM   #9
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Things are not perfect, but they are significantly better than when I typed that post. A new doctor, new medication, and most importantly, a new outlook have all contributed.
As I said, I'm not great, but in a better place. Occasionally, I take a step or two backwards. But who doesn't at some stage ?
Thank you again gentlemen. Although "thank you" doesn't say enough. Reading your comments make for a humbling experience.
FWIW, the date I had in mind was this Thursday, 16 January. It's unfortunately significant to my dad ( R.I.P ) and I.
But I'll be logging in on Thursday and Friday. And hopefully for a long time after that.
Gentlemen, if any of you are struggling, please reach out. To a friend, a doctor, a workmate, even people you've never met on an internet forum.
I did, and I'm glad.
Mate I'm glad you are doing better.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2020, 09:13 AM   #10
ArnoldKMB
Starter Motor

Quote:
I did, and I'm glad.
glad you're ok mate hope to see you only doing better from now on. Thursday 16 Jan is in a few days, stay strong!
Old 16-01-2020, 08:49 PM   #11
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
I did, and I'm glad.
Great stuff................
This user likes this post: