Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-01-2019, 09:04 PM   #1
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Too slow buddy. Cop that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Got to love that Golden Hwy, maybe they slow down cause it is often frequented by large troops (pun) of kangaroos especially around the Singleton army base.

There is a commute I sometimes do over the Warby Ranges west from Wangaratta (Vic) and in the morning its not one you want to drive at the speed limit for good reason. Heavy bushland close to the hwy full of wildlife but its still a 100km zone.
Easy to tell when driving it who the tourist are.

Sure some people drive slow because of roos, those people continue driving slow when the overtaking lane appears. I have no issues with these people. But some others doing 30 below see an overtaking lane and speed up to 115+ Do these people think Kangaroos do not hang out in two lane sections?

Just west of Merriwa has been real bad for these people lately. The further east you go, the higher people's average speed seems to be.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2019, 10:44 PM   #2
stock1991
Limited supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post

But some others doing 30 below see an overtaking lane and speed up to 115+ Do these people think Kangaroos do not hang out in two lane sections?

Like you I have no issue if people want to drive under the speed limit. I adjust my speed accordingly and keep a safe distance but when the overtaking lane comes up and they speed up to the limit or even slightly over, I get annoyed. It's like they don't want to be overtaken but then slow down again when it becomes a single lane. I've noticed it so much it's not isolated to a few drivers
stock1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2019, 05:57 PM   #3
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock1991 View Post
Like you I have no issue if people want to drive under the speed limit. I adjust my speed accordingly and keep a safe distance but when the overtaking lane comes up and they speed up to the limit or even slightly over, I get annoyed. It's like they don't want to be overtaken but then slow down again when it becomes a single lane. I've noticed it so much it's not isolated to a few drivers
I encountered this a few times on the Pacific Hwy in the motorhome sitting on 100 rounding up caravanners between Urunga and Clybucca doing 80km/h, until they see an overtaking lane, speed up and don't want me to pass. WTF I thought the first time it happened.
Problems probably solved now with all the roadwork up that way.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: