Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-12-2016, 06:26 PM   #1
Jay.Blanket

Default Au won't start...

Help my au xr6 ute won't start... ive changed the plugs and air filter and I'm pretty confident I have spark but I've still got the same noises... any suggestions on what to look into next..
https://youtu.be/05zlNpzSMhY
Jay.Blanket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2016, 09:14 PM   #2
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Au won't start...

Petrol?
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-12-2016, 09:26 PM   #3
.:4:.
Kicking back

If you can get it to fire when spraying a can of start ya bastard into the air intake then you have spark but no fuel. If it doesn't start then ignition is the issue (basic fault finding, but it's a start) had a similar issue with a ed wagon, then when it got jacked up on the passengers side to check the fuel filter, whatever was blocking the filter made its way outwards and it ran again. Does the car prime when the key is turned to on but not to start?
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2016, 07:52 PM   #4
Jay.Blanket

Had it start using 'startya bastard' directly into the throttle body.... my next move will be taking the fuel filter off and hope the fuel pump is working... otherwise I've heard I have to remove the tub to get to the pump... anybody know any other ways around it?
Old 22-12-2016, 07:53 PM   #5
Jay.Blanket

Also yes petrol..... well dual fuel but I don't run it on gas and the gas tank is empty...
Old 22-12-2016, 08:28 PM   #6
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay.Blanket View Post
Also yes petrol..... well dual fuel but I don't run it on gas and the gas tank is empty...
The issue I had to deal with was on a dual fuel ed wagon and the kit in it won't start on gas, only on juice. Get an assistant and stick your head near the tank and listen to hear if the pump primes when the key is turned to on. If said assistant turns it all the way to start it makes it more difficult to hear the pump alone.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2016, 12:08 PM   #7
Jay.Blanket

Okay so I went out and got a new fuel filter and whilst I had the filter off I turned the key to make sure the fuel pump was working, pump seems to work fine, I put the new filter on and the ute starts, I let it run for about 5 minutes and then drove it 15 minutes home and stopped it, drove it again had it off and sitting again for abit and then drove home, now it won't start again... what else could my problem be?!