Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #91
08ESE

My dad WAS a Holden man when i was first born, swore by them!!

Till he brought a vermillion fire xy 250ci falcon 500 sedan....... the love affair began with that car! he loved it, it would show 99mph as it passed his brothers lj torrie that was apparently doing about 105 mph lol...

and now, over 200 cars owned to him, and 29 to me.... well.... u know the rest.

08ESE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 11:36 PM   #92
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

All I have to do is walk out to the garage and open the door, and seeing my baby there still makes me grin like a fool.

Same happened with the XD.

I saw my old XD yesterday and I wanted to cry.
Or bash the guy that bought it over the head repeatedly with the wheel brace.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 01:12 AM   #93
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

The look, the feel and especially the 8 cylinder orchestra under the bonnet!

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #94
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why I like Ford?

It all started about 6 years ago when I was 14 and in year 9, like most kids at school I was one of these kids that had a "OMG Holdens are better then Fords because Fords suck" attitude becuase Holden was so dominating in the V8 Suppercars.2 years after in 2002 the BA was released, at first I didnt like it because the shape was similar to the VY and I didnt like it.Later on in 2002 I started working at a Ford Dealership as part of school based work experience and I also got a Ford TE Cortina as my first car so I was slowy begining to like Fords.

2003 rolled around and I got my Ls, I drove the Corty for about 1 week then after that I got my VL 5 Speed, which I originally wanted in the first place so my temporary liking for Fords soon went away.

In 2004 my uncle had a blue AU XR6 which he was selling to buy a brand new Mandarin Orange BA XR8.Later that night, just hours after getting it he came around and took us for a drive and it was the nicest sounding and smoothest car ive ever been in, so after I took a strong interest in Fords.

July 2005 I decided to try my luck at a Ford Forum (Here) and since that day I have taken strong interests in EAs,EBs,EDs,EFs,ELs and alot of the older Falcons, despite being looked at a Holden guy on a Ford site I have enjoyed being here these last few months and it has me thinking of buying a Ford, most likely a Falcon in the near future.

Sorry for the life story but I thought you guys might be interested in why im here today and not just sticking to Holden forums.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #95
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

as for ssbubs comments on the power gain of the vn/vp over the ea... well i drive an ea fairmont and have also driven a mates vn and the ride quality was absolutely shocking, (neiter car was lowered at the time, 100% stock) everything that could rattle did. but ive been a huge fan of the henrys since i seen a genuine phase 3 drag a walkie at the lights and absolutely mowed him...yeah that day was sweet....
[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #96
birdy
birdy

Why do i like FORD!
#### the rest buy the best,Legends are made not bought 1970's gt's!.Why are most taxies ford because reliability is needed plus huge mileages are the norm with little down time!!!!!
I also own a vn commodore which isn't in the same league as my old s pack...
Old 27-02-2006, 09:14 PM   #97
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

It satrted off because i got sick of going along with everyone at school. So i became Ford to stirr them up

Even since then, i can;t get enough of them. Just the look of them, just so tuff! Also there not a commodore and everyone around my area has them!

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 09:19 PM   #98
BIGBIRD
GO ON GIVE IT SOME!!

Hmm, come time to sell my Nissan 200sx, Ford were the only people that had a turbo charged rear wheel drive vehicle for sale currently in production..
BIGBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 09:24 PM   #99
Hitman
Way over here

The first car I remember my Dad owning was an XW falcon, and because he liked Ford's, I liked Ford's. That was 30 years ago, and I still like them. Thakfully he didn't have a HQ instead.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #100
birdy
birdy

The only decent q was statesman 5lt magic last real holden.
Old 27-02-2006, 09:33 PM   #101
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

In a word CLEVELAND
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #102
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
In a word CLEVELAND
I like a bloke that goes straight to the point.... :sm_headba
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post