Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-02-2016, 02:39 PM   #61
prasac
Banned

Default Re: Ford Mustang GT v Holden Commodore SS-V Redline v Chrysler 300 SRT comparison review

We are cruising home right now in a new Mustang, guy next to me owns both the VF2 SSV and Mustang, power wise both feel same, drives the same only thing VF2 seating position better as sits lower. To me both cars feel the same, but, i'm not driving one everyday to tell.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-02-2016, 05:23 PM   #62
Falcman0o7
Banned

Default Re: Ford Mustang GT v Holden Commodore SS-V Redline v Chrysler 300 SRT comparison review

LOL! Come on! A commodore and 300c with a mustang! Poor mustang it must feel like it's competing with two spuds!
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2016, 10:31 PM   #63
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7 View Post
LOL! Come on! A commodore and 300c with a mustang! Poor mustang it must feel like it's competing with two spuds!
Not really, this jappy incarnation of the mustang must wish it looked more like its forefathers.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2016, 07:53 PM   #64
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX View Post
Not really, this jappy incarnation of the mustang must wish it looked more like its forefathers.
It does? Man ford fans are hard to please.
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2016, 08:01 PM   #65
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7 View Post
It does? Man ford fans are hard to please.
Nope, it's doing fine. Ford think so too ( the Assembly plant is working flat out, and the faithful in the US agree ).

Stevz and friends opinions don't count.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 16-02-2016, 10:02 PM   #66
Chopped
as in chopped

Well I've seen quite a few Mustangs in the last two weeks. So it must be doing OK sales wise. They certainly have a road presence.
Old 16-02-2016, 11:55 PM   #67
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
Well I've seen quite a few Mustangs in the last two weeks. So it must be doing OK sales wise. They certainly have a road presence.
So do the other 2.
and Camaro, Corvette, Challenger and Charger.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2016, 09:55 AM   #68
prasac
Banned

dyno graph between stock VF2 SSV auto vs Mustang GT manual (auto GT would show 5-10rwkw less) confirms what we said before even throwing up on dyno
2 users like this post:
Old 17-02-2016, 09:57 AM   #69
prasac
Banned

was talking to a mate yesterday, he threw a EcoBoost Mustang up on his dyno yesterday, you don't want to know what it made even less impressive
Old 17-02-2016, 01:42 PM   #70
devoGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac View Post
dyno graph between stock VF2 SSV auto vs Mustang GT manual (auto GT would show 5-10rwkw less) confirms what we said before even throwing up on dyno

So which is which, is the green line the Mustang and the red line the SSV?
devoGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2016, 06:13 PM   #71
boss54man

Quote:
Originally Posted by devoGT View Post
So which is which, is the green line the Mustang and the red line the SSV?
Green line SSV
Red line Mustang
boss54man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 18-02-2016, 10:48 PM   #72
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss54man View Post
Green line SSV
Red line Mustang
Unfortunately I don't think so.
I'm not sure of the max speeds of either car in the gears, but I think Auto's usually have taller ratios and the information box on the screen says 4th gear, so if that applies to both cars I'd say the lower powered car is the manual Mustang.

But I might be wrong, Prasac can you tell us?

I think the different exhaust (to the US cars) has hurt the Mustangs.

On the upside though I suspect an exhaust upgrade might work well if there is room to fit a good system.

Last edited by 2242100; 18-02-2016 at 10:55 PM.
2242100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-02-2016, 11:04 PM   #73
Trump
bitch lasagne

Mustang is the red line.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2016, 12:05 AM   #74
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Mustang is the red line.
Yes- you would expect the bigger cubed 2 valve engine to develop more torque down low and then drop off- which is consistent with green = commodore.

This dyno graph makes you realize how lucky people are who have got the FGX XR8 and prior GTs, GTPs etc- stock manual FGX XR8 with low kms = 310 kw at the rear wheels with no tune......

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2016, 12:05 AM   #75
prasac
Banned

Mustang is red line 7000rpm limit, manual 5th gear is 1:1 gear. SSV 6200rpm limit auto run up in 4th 1:1 the cars feel similar hard to split them
Old 19-02-2016, 12:07 AM   #76
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2242100 View Post
Unfortunately I don't think so.
I'm not sure of the max speeds of either car in the gears, but I think Auto's usually have taller ratios and the information box on the screen says 4th gear, so if that applies to both cars I'd say the lower powered car is the manual Mustang.

But I might be wrong, Prasac can you tell us?

I think the different exhaust (to the US cars) has hurt the Mustangs.

On the upside though I suspect an exhaust upgrade might work well if there is room to fit a good system.
even with good exhaust and CAI they are rolling up 270rwkw which is basically on par to what the Yanks get stock.
Old 19-02-2016, 01:15 AM   #77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac View Post
even with good exhaust and CAI they are rolling up 270rwkw which is basically on par to what the Yanks get stock.
Thanks for that. 270 kW is a pretty good result.

What was the approximate power of the Ecoboost Mustang?

Last edited by 2242100; 19-02-2016 at 01:22 AM.
2242100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2016, 02:32 AM   #78
1TUFFUTE
Banned

I find it funny that in this thread (like most threads) people are looking at graphs and Dynos to see what power each car makes. Over in the Commadore LSA thread it seems the badges donate what power a car makes......gee I'm confused.
What do I do if a car doesn't have a badge number...........just kidn!
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post