Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

Question Blinkers

I am currently fixing a few things on an Au 1999 falcon forte wagon at the moment and have come across this strange happening.We got a new battery for it and after hooking it up the blinkers(indicators) randomly just flash for awhile then stop then randomly just flash out of nowhere,it had been parked up for a couple of years and did it with the old crappy battery too,can anyone shed some light on what this means or why this is happening,cheers.
HSVKILLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2016, 11:23 PM   #2
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default Re: Blinkers

Hi. It may have the remnants of an alarm in it, need to look for flashing led light on dash or steering column shroud, strange wiring under dash and siren or strange brackets in engine bay. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2016, 08:16 AM   #3
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3 View Post
Hi. It may have the remnants of an alarm in it, need to look for flashing led light on dash or steering column shroud, strange wiring under dash and siren or strange brackets in engine bay. Cheers MD
Yep your right,it has an alarm setup in the engine bay and has ford written on it,there is a dust cap that i took off the alarm and under it is a key like setup where you can choose 0FF TEST or ON,it has a wiring block that connects to this audible alarm under the bonnet,would anyone suggest that i unplug the plug? the blinkers are really annoying as to not know which direction to go to stop them randomly blinking.
HSVKILLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2016, 02:45 PM   #4
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

When my alarm battery got low enough to stop working, it made the blinkers flash randomly. Caused a lot of fun in heavy Fri night traffic! Sounds like the same thing. Not sure what effect the plug has if the alarm still has some power. If it's not making any chirp sounds or reacting when you lock/unlock with the bonnet open then I say it's got no power to do the siren thing.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post