Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-02-2005, 09:58 PM   #1
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

Unhappy squeaking suspension?

well on sunday i was out at the heineken classic, i had to go into this school playground to park, i had my window open and i was driving over all the roots of trees etc, and i could hear the car squeaking from the back WTF???

what do you think a solution to that squeaking would be?

i took my friends for a drive in the car during exams last year and they heard it aswell but i didn't at that time, what do you recon i could do to fix this problem?

i might get out a fair bit of grease and go crazy on the weekend cause now that i know the squeak is there i want it fixed

could this also mean worn out shocks or something? i dont know s*** about suspension so i need help

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 10:00 PM   #2
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

i've got that too on my AU. getting embarrassing and i need to sort it!

pics of my ute HERE
Marlin_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 11:40 PM   #3
InitialD
Low and Loud

Ive had that, and still have it.

Mainly its bush's that seem to cause it on my car. if its from the back it could be trailing arm bush's, sway bar bush's, etc. Also Nolothane bush's sweak aswell which is normal

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 12:29 AM   #4
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah whack some grease around all the bushes. It could also be the rubber on the strut tops at the back (behind the black panels behind the seats). I had the problem on my front RH strut and I put grease around the bush and it stopped it.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 12:37 AM   #5
Sundeep
Banned

I had squeaks in the front end, so I replaced it.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 12:51 AM   #6
K1W1 Dave
Still alive & kicking

The nolothane bushes in the front & rear do tend to have a high pitch squeak when they get a bit dry.
I replaced all bushes in my front end which stiffened up the front & also got rid of the squeaks.
When you put new bushes in you have to lube them up .
Old 09-02-2005, 02:24 AM   #7
old_mate
Smash the Boost

hahaha

I have more squeaks in the EL than a drunken session of horizontal folk dancing on a old iron bed! Im thinking its probably bushes, in a wagon i dont know really what it might be as i've never experienced any dramas with a leaf sprung car. (havent even played with the XY just yet)

Just grease up everything thats rubber and see what happens. even better, open the tailgate and get a mate to jump on the car so it bounces and have a real good listen

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 04:38 AM   #8
One Drone
Lane HO

Just put up with it.. My stock rubber bushes squeaked, and a few weeks ago I got nolothane bushes and they were bothe greased up well. Just an E/AU Series bug...
One Drone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 09:13 AM   #9
Simmo
White Lightning

mines been creaking since the new suspension/brake hear went in weeks ago and i finally found what it was. the new upper control arms i had fitted were for a standard falcon not and xr6 so they were rubbing on the diff. the xr6 ones have gouges cut of them to accomodate the diff so its getting fixed up this arvo.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 12:52 PM   #10
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_mate
hahaha

I have more squeaks in the EL than a drunken session of horizontal folk dancing on a old iron bed! Im thinking its probably bushes, in a wagon i dont know really what it might be as i've never experienced any dramas with a leaf sprung car. (havent even played with the XY just yet)
Thats great I gotta remember that one

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post