Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 05-06-2015, 07:05 PM   #1
robertjp

Default Ford Focus LW mk II, misfire on cyliders 1 + 4

Had the engine warning light come on the wifes car (Trend 1.6 manual), I ran the scanner through it and came back with a misfire on cylinder 4. Booked in, they cleared that fault and then it swapped to cylinder 1.

The ford guy says that the next thing they need to check is the coil plug pack and the fuel system.

Has anyone else had similar issues.
robertjp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2015, 02:17 AM   #2
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Sounds like a coil pack. I'm pretty sure the same coil fires 1 and 4 in a wasted spark arrangement.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2015, 05:48 AM   #3
robertjp

Default Re: Ford Focus LW mk II, misfire on cyliders 1 + 4

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. (hoping!)
Old 06-06-2015, 03:29 PM   #4
Imolator
Quad Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjp View Post
Had the engine warning light come on the wifes car (Trend 1.6 manual), I ran the scanner through it and came back with a misfire on cylinder 4. Booked in, they cleared that fault and then it swapped to cylinder 1.

The ford guy says that the next thing they need to check is the coil plug pack and the fuel system.

The Trend uses the 2.0 Direct injection engine doesn't it? The 1.6 is only in the Ambiente I'm pretty sure anyway.

Sounds like coil pack to me.
Imolator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2015, 03:36 PM   #5
robertjp

Yeah my mistake it is the Ambiante,
Old 18-06-2015, 07:05 AM   #6
xr8_wnaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjp View Post

Check your spark plug gaps. I have the 2013 Focus Sport, very disappointed, I found the gaps were, from factory, pot one 1.1, pot 2 1.1, pot 3 1.49, pot four 1.69. Ford recon this is OK. I took the car back because of a vibration in the engine at different revs and the head bloke at Ford tells me its fine. I bought my own new set of plugs from another ford outlet, double checked the gaps, problem solved.
xr8_wnaB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post