Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-04-2015, 09:17 PM   #91
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Default Re: Aussie fords and holdens in other countries/falcons with different front ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightXR6 View Post
Would have been me. Sold up last year and regretted it ever since. Hope to be looking for a newer one come end of this year.
Sorry to take the thread a little offtopic, but how easy was it to import (i.e. EPA and RTA equivalents)? Looking to bring my TS into the US, best I can do is a year without getting complianced.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2015, 11:02 PM   #92
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Aussie fords and holdens in other countries/falcons with different front ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
That's rubbish. (period)

Ford and Holden are Australian in many ways and only a fool would say they are not.
Australian could never of made their own 100% car ever or if it did it would be like some Russian 2 stroke junk they had.

We had a lot of input for our cars and GM and Ford were fantastic to come and serve us with cars for Australia.
We had British cars made hear and a lot they did not cut it.

The main problems came from the people in the USA or UK not understanding or needs but it's our Aussie Ford and Holden teams that made the big difference.
The problem mainly with the Valiants and UK cars was lack of Aussie input and cutting corners because of lack of money to do so.

So when one hears of some goat bagging Aussie cars as a whole, the fact is they are just so ignorant and have no in depth understanding at all. it's just like a ALP get together and start barking up the wrong tree.
You bagging the Val ? They rusted at the same rate as everything else however had more power standard and in a lot of cases better handling . Minor issues with being seen in one due to some racially biased tv show of the era . However your last comment is pretty accurate .
On topic wasn't the xa the only truly Australian designed falcon, along with the face lifted xb and xc ?

Last edited by GREGL; 07-04-2015 at 11:11 PM.
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2015, 04:55 PM   #93
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGL View Post
You bagging the Val ? They rusted at the same rate as everything else however had more power standard and in a lot of cases better handling . Minor issues with being seen in one due to some racially biased tv show of the era . However your last comment is pretty accurate .
On topic wasn't the xa the only truly Australian designed falcon, along with the face lifted xb and xc ?
No the XA Falcon was USA designed car.
The first Aussie designed car would have to be the XD.

Yes I do bad the Valiants for a lot of things, but the slant 6 was a good engine and the 245 2bbl- 265 2bbl hemi was a good thing.

The old Vals were desirable to a lot of Italians back in the day and that's what I did like about them, as they liked cars that perform, the pommys were mainly boring sods, just look at 'most of their cars' slow gutless and just boring rubbish.

Where would we be without the Yanks input in our lives back then.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #94
stevepet

UMMM This is a NF Fairlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUwindsor View Post
this 1995 Taurus from USA has similar roof/doors/pillars to the EF-EL Fairlanes

stevepet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2015, 09:54 PM   #95
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted View Post
Wow, what a valuable contribution to the thread...........not
cheers
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2015, 08:05 PM   #96
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No the XA Falcon was USA designed car.
The first Aussie designed car would have to be the XD.
XA was designed by three guys in Geelong.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #97
midnightXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride View Post
Sorry to take the thread a little offtopic, but how easy was it to import (i.e. EPA and RTA equivalents)? Looking to bring my TS into the US, best I can do is a year without getting complianced.
Couldnt Tell you about US. Uk is totally different set of rules.
midnightXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #98
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
XA was designed by three guys in Geelong.
It was to be a USA Ford Maverick 1969-70-1.
I have a photo of it in some book I have.
I have seen it in a photo of the clay moulding place and the VH Valiant was designed at the same place in USA.

Australia never had people who could do that type of work of a whole car until the XD Falcon, and it shows.

The P5 LTD was done in the USA.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2015, 09:42 PM   #99
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It was to be a USA Ford Maverick 1969-70-1.
I have a photo of it in some book I have.
I have seen it in a photo of the clay moulding place and the VH Valiant was designed at the same place in USA.

Australia never had people who could do that type of work of a whole car until the XD Falcon, and it shows.

The P5 LTD was done in the USA.
The XA was designed by the Australian design team, albeit while they were in the US.

Some interesting reading Here, here, here and here.
Ford17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-05-2015, 03:36 PM   #100
THE SLUG
REAL 4X4'S RATTLE

Not sure if it has already been posted, but these Chevy Lumina's in South Africa look a tad familiar...

They are literally just VE SS's with Chevy badges, I've finally figured out what all the bogans over here are going for! They want to drive Lumina's.

*edit There's even VY Lumina's! Fully sick!

THE SLUG - 1985 Toyota 4Runner
2.8L Turbo, 2.5" exhaust, 5" lift, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZs, lots of stickers

THE DAILY - 2006 BFII XR6T
Process West plenum, intercooler, intake kit, and throttle body relocation, 80lb injectors, 4" dump, twin 2.5" X-Force exhaust, high flow cat, ZF tune, 330rwkw @ 15 psi, 20" staggered MC Racing Simmons copies

THE TOY - 2000 AU Falcon
4.0L, 2.5" straight pipe, T5, BA brakes, spool, stripped out, slammed
THE SLUG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2015, 03:58 PM   #101
THE SLUG
REAL 4X4'S RATTLE

Having a closer look at the car sales sites, there's also a bunch of Territory's over in SA, even turbo ones!

THE SLUG - 1985 Toyota 4Runner
2.8L Turbo, 2.5" exhaust, 5" lift, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZs, lots of stickers

THE DAILY - 2006 BFII XR6T
Process West plenum, intercooler, intake kit, and throttle body relocation, 80lb injectors, 4" dump, twin 2.5" X-Force exhaust, high flow cat, ZF tune, 330rwkw @ 15 psi, 20" staggered MC Racing Simmons copies

THE TOY - 2000 AU Falcon
4.0L, 2.5" straight pipe, T5, BA brakes, spool, stripped out, slammed
THE SLUG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2015, 04:01 PM   #102
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE SLUG View Post
Not sure if it has already been posted, but these Chevy Lumina's in South Africa look a tad familiar...

They are literally just VE SS's with Chevy badges, I've finally figured out what all the bogans over here are going for! They want to drive Lumina's.

*edit There's even VY Lumina's! Fully sick!

VE is called Lumina, while the VY is called Pharaoh? Lol
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: