Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-04-2015, 01:30 PM   #1
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default long term car storage ????

Just thought i`d bring up long term car storage, as being car enthusiasts some of us have severe car yards in our front and back yards, and what avenues are available to us.
i have a trucky mate with a yard that would happily let me store cars there , but the place is often ransacked by all manner of dudes resulting in stuff getting vandalized or nicked, not really ideal for our pride and joy.

the big storage places seem to want a lot of coin, probably understandable with land rates , insurance , security, etc.

so just wondering how do you peeps get by, any magic storage places ...... or do you have a car yard too.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2015, 12:46 AM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: long term car storage ????

And i could hear the crickets ....... not other sound was made, not even the sound of a keyboard stroke .....cept my own .

gee gee, i thought there would be plenty of dudes on here with more cars than they new what to do with.
Anyway, i thought of putting cars on private property for a small fee some years ago, but having friends living building a house in the bush with acreage some time ago , they would go up to the block on weekends to do work on the house , they had a 20 footer container to keep materials and tools in , they go up one weekend and the container has been broken into and half the stuff, tools and raw materials gone, even took stuff like bathroom sink .

your stuff isn't even safe out in the sticks, imagine if you had some decent cars in the paddock, the buggers would be probably using it for target practice :(.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:52 AM   #3
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

I am lucky enough to have a nice remote farm with a few barns in the family.. Thats where the XR6 has gone to rest for a few years.. As for the blue beast, it sits out the front at the moment but will be back in the garage soon hopefully, protected from the weather and scum bags that seem to be multiplying..

Cheers,
Ni,
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2015, 01:14 AM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats great Rooster, nice to have a bit room and some security , and good luck mate with the projects, i think those E series models are very very under rated henrys in my book, they drive bloody good.

i would love to be out in the sticks on a farm with my toys(bugger the big smoke !) , not in the stars at this time unfortunately.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:40 AM   #5
lownloud
Ford Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSTA View Post
I am lucky enough to have a nice remote farm with a few barns in the family.. Thats where the XR6 has gone to rest for a few years.. As for the blue beast, it sits out the front at the moment but will be back in the garage soon hopefully, protected from the weather and scum bags that seem to be multiplying..

Cheers,
Ni,
Careful..... A mate of mine did that with HSV and some cows broke into the shed, trapped themselves in there, got all distressed and kicked the absolute crap out of his car. Wasn't a straight panel left. True story!
Old 02-04-2015, 01:48 AM   #6
marlin351

I spent over a year searching for a house to buy with car storage facilities. Ended up buying a cheapish house and building a 90 metre shed just for my cars. It fits 6 cars and is full. I can now buy no more . No good. So many cheap cars on the market.
94 bmw 540
marlin351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-04-2015, 02:43 AM   #7
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

At one stage I had 4 cars, all out in the front yard, no shed here boys. Could probably fit another 2 in the front if I tried harder lol.

Devaluing neighbours property, potential buyers should give me a bottle of spirits for looking after them, ungreatful bastards
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2015, 06:18 AM   #8
Lunch
Wait, what?

Im in suburban melb so ive got next to no room but, dadsy's got a 40mx15m (ish) empty shed on his farm and as soon as he agrees to letting us throw a few cars in there to keep his jaguar company, the brother and i are gunna fill it

i grew up in a suburb where cars ( most up on blocks ) littered front yards and be stuffed if im gunna be that neighbour )
No offence big d

Last edited by Lunch; 02-04-2015 at 06:25 AM.
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2015, 08:59 AM   #9
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownloud View Post
Careful..... A mate of mine did that with HSV and some cows broke into the shed, trapped themselves in there, got all distressed and kicked the absolute crap out of his car. Wasn't a straight panel left. True story!
Hahaha Yeah I can see how that could happen but lucky for us we only run crops and they tend to be pretty docile.. ;-)
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2015, 02:58 PM   #10
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some years ago i thought of buying a small factory in an industrial area to live in and keep the toys in, i dont think the council really like the living part of it in an industrial area, but a mechanic acquaintance from some years ago gave me the idea, he had a nice little loft upstairs for living purposes and he had plenty of room to make a living in the workshop and still store his toys and it worked very well for him.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #11
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Just thought i`d bring up long term car storage, as being car enthusiasts some of us have severe car yards in our front and back yards, and what avenues are available to us.
i have a trucky mate with a yard that would happily let me store cars there , but the place is often ransacked by all manner of dudes resulting in stuff getting vandalized or nicked, not really ideal for our pride and joy.

the big storage places seem to want a lot of coin, probably understandable with land rates , insurance , security, etc.

so just wondering how do you peeps get by, any magic storage places ...... or do you have a car yard too.
your mate needs a decent woofer on patrol

pre woofer - we had dudes trying to knock stuff off

post woofer - dudes standing on cars and begging forgiveness

*healer variety woofer / dodgy dudes don't come back
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2015, 04:11 PM   #12
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
your mate needs a decent woofer on patrol

pre woofer - we had dudes trying to knock stuff off

post woofer - dudes standing on cars and begging forgiveness

*healer variety woofer / dodgy dudes don't come back
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
4 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2015, 04:42 PM   #13
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Unless your Lindsey Fox, or Brian Johnson, the average Joe cant really afford alot of cars and a space to put them in securely, within your lifestyle.

Theres 4 options.

You can only pick 3.

P.S. Love the post Sox. Laughed my *** off. Perfect post of the year award nomination.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post