Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-03-2015, 03:55 AM   #1
lolbbq
Starter Motor

Default Ford focus Intake manifold parts/schematics for code p2008 troubleshooting

Hi guys,

I have a 2008 ford focus LTCL and I've been having the p2008 error code coming on and off. Engine has rough idle at the same time.

I have checked the air shut off control, with the switch in ON position while plugging and unplugging the electricals on the two air shut off control solenoids. I hear a valve/suction opening and closing on both solenoids every time I plug and unplug the electrical wirings.

I have checked the vacuum hoses to the best of my ability and can't seem to find a leak.

I now suspect that my tumble flaps may be stuck open. I have seen some pictures of the manifold on other ford/car websites and it looks completely different from the 2008 ford focus. For starters the vacuum hose does not come out from the front of the manifold but instead, it protrudes from the top where the manifold meets engine.

I'm wondering if there are any more solenoids I might have missed out. I think I see one at the bottom left of the intake manifold but it does not appear to have any vacuum connections.

Any advice with accompanying pictures will be most helpful.

Thanks in advance!
lolbbq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2015, 12:13 PM   #2
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford focus Intake manifold parts/schematics for code p2008 troubleshooting

G'day lolbbq, I would put money on it being the solenoids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquest_Tsi View Post
Hi Guys,

Fixed this issue, lots of googling searching later I assumed the IMRC solenoid was faulty or the IRMC vacuum actuator (this fault code points toward the solenoid..), hard to find information as it is pertinent to the 2.0l duratec and even US/UK engines the parts are different to local focus.

Attached is a pic of the solenoids, this comes as one piece (over seas the soleniods are mounted seperately so need to go to Ford local).

Ford part number: F0 4M5G 9J559 NB
(Control assembly choke) $70

5minute job to install.

Hope this helps someone else!!
Check out this thread. Solved my issues and many others.

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=5009765
Old 15-03-2015, 06:17 PM   #3
lolbbq
Starter Motor

Default Re: Ford focus Intake manifold parts/schematics for code p2008 troubleshooting

I would have agreed with you initially however I tried troubleshooting my plugging and unplugging the electricals and swapping them over to see if they were the ones causing trouble. I did not remove the vacuum hoses as they weren't coming off no matter what I tried (don't wish to cut them just yet).
When plugged and unplugged they made a short hissing sound that sounded like a relieve of pressure/vacuum. Both solenoids sounded the same.

I would not dismiss them as the cause of the cel YET, but I was wondering if there were any other solenoids that I can check or maybe a way to check if the flaps were stuck open physically in the manifold.

Thanks!
lolbbq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2015, 01:40 PM   #4
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The hose that goes down through the cover into the manifold might have a 'cut' or 'break' in it. Not sure how you'd test that?