Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 05-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
DieselFan

Default Service oil warning/reminder

The dealer forgot to reset the service reminders. I called and was told to press the brake and accelerator while tapping the start button once.

The car starts and the message says to go to programme mode to reset the reminder.

Anyone know how to do that?

DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Service oil warning/reminder

Turn the ignition without starting then put your foot on the brake and accelerator light should go out I have an MA 08 model in the MC press both pedals with the ignition off then hold the starter button in I'm just going off memory with the MC sorry!

apstar

Last edited by apstar; 05-02-2012 at 10:36 PM.
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #3
Mickmelb

I had the same problem after 1 of my services heres a link to a thread I started on how to clear the code.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11343160
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
DieselFan

Thanks. I also had to press OK but it worked.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
talkativebanana
Starter Motor

That is just the solution that I have been looking for, thanks everyone.

They forgot to reset this on our 30000km service and it started coming on at about 31000, it's been driving me mental ever since.

All fixed now though
talkativebanana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2014, 09:54 PM   #6
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Sorry for the Necro thread revival, I just thought that it was better searching than making a new one.
'09 MB Mondeo TDCI Zetec
I had today my first 'Service light' reminder today (bout 100km short of 140K); and on every subsequent startup. I serviced it not so long ago @135K and didn't know how to reset it. This thread sorted me out, I'm glad it was so easy.

Both pedals down
Key on engine off
Wait till notified 'Service reset'
Profit...

wouldn't have know otherwise cheer lads...
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #7
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good info to know - thanks guys!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:57 PM   #8
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So good in fact that I had to use this info today!!!

Thanks for the heads up guys...
Old 12-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #9
msford

I received the service/oil warning message today but how do I know there isn't something actually needing to be checked? If there was a problem with the oil would a different message display?

The reason I'm a bit wary/concerned is that my last service was in August (four months ago) at 60,000kms and I've done just over 66,000 kms as of today. It seems to be a very late 'reminder', if that's what it is. The only other thing that comes to mind is that it is 12 mths since my 45,000 kms service but how would the car know the date?

What's my best option: to have the car checked in case there is something to the message or reset the message? As I have moved interstate since the last service I can't really take it back to the previous Ford dealer. And I've got a long road trip coming up in a week for the Xmas/New Year period. Great timing, eh? Lol.

Cheers
msford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #10
Binny

Quote:
Originally Posted by msford View Post
I received the service/oil warning message today but how do I know there isn't something actually needing to be checked? If there was a problem with the oil would a different message display?

The reason I'm a bit wary/concerned is that my last service was in August (four months ago) at 60,000kms and I've done just over 66,000 kms as of today. It seems to be a very late 'reminder', if that's what it is. The only other thing that comes to mind is that it is 12 mths since my 45,000 kms service but how would the car know the date?

What's my best option: to have the car checked in case there is something to the message or reset the message? As I have moved interstate since the last service I can't really take it back to the previous Ford dealer. And I've got a long road trip coming up in a week for the Xmas/New Year period. Great timing, eh? Lol.

Cheers
I think you will find that the car does know the date and that's why the reminder has come up 12 months after the 45k service. The dealer probably didn't reset it at the 60k service.
Old 13-12-2014, 01:37 AM   #11
msford

I'm going to do some checks on the oil tomorrow to make sure there isn't an obvious leak and/or the level isn't too low before I reset the message.

That's amazing that it is remembering the 12 mths since the 'previous' service.

Thanks again. Cheers
msford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post