Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #31
red_hotxr6
Banned

Default Re: Replica - would you own one if it was available?

Wouldnt mind owning one that was a replica of any of the race cars, ie lowdnes..DJR..pepsi max...so long as you say and recognized that it was a REPLICA and not try to pass it off as an original...
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #32
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: Replica - would you own one if it was available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyAU View Post
What if you called it a tribute instead of a replica?
I like your thinking
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #33
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6 View Post
Wouldnt mind owning one that was a replica of any of the race cars, ie lowdnes..DJR..pepsi max...so long as you say and recognized that it was a REPLICA and not try to pass it off as an original...
Agree - as stated by WoodyAu , they would be a factory tribute , and not a replica . Replica in looks , but factory recognized - similar I guess to a Cobra , GTF or anniversary edition .
Old 02-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #34
dead_man00124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmobile View Post
I wonder whether Ford will provide a replica of one of Moffat's Bathurst Mustangs to get Ford fans excited about entering Ford next chapter ?
It would be interesting. My main reason for wanting to do it is that my dad painted the original
dead_man00124 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2014, 07:33 PM   #35
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_man00124 View Post
It would be interesting. My main reason for wanting to do it is that my dad painted the original
My apologize if I say something that may be hurt - sorry . But it's a great idea , and if possible , you should have your dad help once again .
Old 02-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #36
dead_man00124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmobile View Post
My apologize if I say something that may be hurt - sorry . But it's a great idea , and if possible , you should have your dad help once again .
Didn't even see anything to take offense at. My dad is interested in helping to get the body and that done
dead_man00124 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #37
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_man00124 View Post
Didn't even see anything to take offense at. My dad is interested in helping to get the body and that done
It's great that you re able to have your dad involved . I was n't sure whether you still had your dad with you - hence the apology up front .
As a father myself , as your children develop into adult , and are seeking to discover the world on their own terms , there is nothing that lights a fathers heart than involvement with your adult children . Your father as are you , are very lucky to be able to do this - the ability to work together on the 69 Mustang project . I am sure if your dad is anything like this o'fart , he will have a grin from ear to ear - you may not see it, or hear it in his voice or actions , but it is definite there . Congratulations
Old 02-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #38
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

The thing about replicas is they are guilt free. I'd love a shelby car but I'm not about to fork out 200k+ for an original cobra/Daytona/GT40. And even if I did I reckon I'd be very paranoid about some Camry/Magna running into the back of me.

Plus with kit cars you get the chance to personalise it, my only worry about them is resale, which is generally share once you look at the build cost.

Serious question though, if a kit car is newly built can you run them as lease cars?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 02-11-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-11-2014, 11:26 PM   #39
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
The thing about replicas is they are guilt free. I'd love a shelby car but I'm not about to fork out 200k+ for an original cobra/Daytona/GT40. And even if I did I reckon I'd be very paranoid about some Camry/Magna running into the back of me.

Plus with kit cars you get the chance to personalise it, my only worry about them is resale, which is generally share once you look at the build cost.

Serious question though, if a kit car is newly built can you run them as lease cars?
It's a point I very much agree with . I struggle with using all my toys - have always , and I am trying to change - progress is very slow . Those who know me, including my family , can't believe , why I search high and low for something - take a hundred years to then buy it , for it to sit in the garage , for those special occasions - instead of using it as it had been intended .
Must be something to do with my childhood and completing for toys with my brother .??? Who knows?????
So , agree - if i did own something that was extremely rare , GT Phase 3 or ??? - it would most probably never see the light of day .shame really !!!
I am so green listening to the lads on the forum using their toys , bringing them the joy , it was meant to do ...
I am either going to buy something , I can play with , or I am just going to have to harden up and take the Batmobile out - rain , shine , special occasion or not ...
Old 03-11-2014, 01:09 AM   #40
66 STANG

I did this to my original XY GT back in 2011 to mark 40 years since Moffat won Bathurst. Kept it on and drove around for a few months before returning it back to normal. Was fun while it lasted!!
66 STANG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #41
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ferrari 250 GTO or 250 LM replica.... tempting.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #42
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

There is a genuine Bf COBRA replica of Frosty's Bf cobra race car for sale in Townsville.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2014, 12:58 AM   #43
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 STANG View Post
I did this to my original XY GT back in 2011 to mark 40 years since Moffat won Bathurst. Kept it on and drove around for a few months before returning it back to normal. Was fun while it lasted!!
Clearly , it has been done well and in very good taste - it certainly isn't over the top , like the livery of today's car's ... I would have kept it in the racing livery .
This user likes this post:
Old 04-11-2014, 01:11 AM   #44
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Black JPS BMW 6-series would be my choice if ever I was after something like that.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: