Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #31
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Default Re: April Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Destined to become bit players in a market they once dominated.
You're forgetting (or ignoring) the fact that the market itself has changed drastically. No two marques will ever dominate the Aussie landscape like Ford and Holden once did, its just not possible anymore.

However, by rationalizing their business here they should be able to (one day) emulate the profits of old (relative to the brave new market)
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #32
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford could be selling a car with the performace of a Ferrari, quailty of a Rolls Royce and at the cost of a Kia and I still would not subject myself the brain numbing experience of having to talk to my local Ford dealer again.
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-05-2014, 11:54 PM   #33
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Crikey, just had a look at the VFACTS website, and they list vehicle production in Australia for April 2014, at 9875 vehicles. Toyota must be scaling back exports big time.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2014, 09:10 AM   #34
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda View Post
Crikey, just had a look at the VFACTS website, and they list vehicle production in Australia for April 2014, at 9875 vehicles. Toyota must be scaling back exports big time.
Exports are not included in VFacts.

Locally consumed production only.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #35
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8 View Post
Exports are not included in VFacts.

Locally consumed production only.
No, the particular page at

www.fcai.com.au/sales/monthly-production-volumes

includes all vehicle production within Australia for the month (locally purchased and exports). Thus it also includes a few hundred trucks made, so the car volume is a little less than I stated.

The first four months of this year, there have been 52,830 vehicles made. April would have been a bad production month due to easter and anzac day, but it would be the lowest monthly total since jesus was a baby.

Basically what it says, is that for every hour in April, Australia made just over 13 cars. Not too far off the 1500 cars China made every hour in April.

Last edited by bobthebilda; 10-05-2014 at 06:08 PM.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2014, 07:43 PM   #36
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda View Post
No, the particular page at

www.fcai.com.au/sales/monthly-production-volumes

includes all vehicle production within Australia for the month (locally purchased and exports). Thus it also includes a few hundred trucks made, so the car volume is a little less than I stated.

The first four months of this year, there have been 52,830 vehicles made. April would have been a bad production month due to easter and anzac day, but it would be the lowest monthly total since jesus was a baby.

Basically what it says, is that for every hour in April, Australia made just over 13 cars. Not too far off the 1500 cars China made every hour in April.
Where does it say they are not local sales ?

It is a local sales report, regardless of the title of Production volumes.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #37
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When will the GT-F sales be counted?

When the vehicles are delivered (so over a couple of months) or will they all go through as a large batch when the orders were placed?

If they are staggered over several months based on deliveries then they should prop up the total Falcon number while FG is in runout. Would be sad to see Falcon numbers at or below what are traditionally very low selling niche vehicles.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #38
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
When will the GT-F sales be counted?

When the vehicles are delivered (so over a couple of months) or will they all go through as a large batch when the orders were placed?

If they are staggered over several months based on deliveries then they should prop up the total Falcon number while FG is in runout. Would be sad to see Falcon numbers at or below what are traditionally very low selling niche vehicles.
When delivered.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #39
FOMOCO 1
Munch Munch GM's 4 Lunch

They need to revitalise the brand. So much uncertainty around it, some dealers that are sub par, and no real image anymore. As far as I can see they aren't nailing any target demographics. This was a good campaign at a time when they were riding high as market leaders...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l3KtRZzA9w
FOMOCO 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #40
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The first set of graphical stats are uploaded into the Tech Portal now.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #41
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOMOCO 1 View Post
They need to revitalise the brand. So much uncertainty around it, some dealers that are sub par, and no real image anymore. As far as I can see they aren't nailing any target demographics. This was a good campaign at a time when they were riding high as market leaders...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l3KtRZzA9w
Agree. I will say this though. At the moment, their dealerships look sub par. If you walk into your local ford dealer and then walk into a mazda dealer, the difference in appearance is chalk and cheese. Not only is this one of the reasons, the cattle out at Ford head office. And I mean from top down, do not have their fingers anywhere near the pulse as to what happens on the front line. I work for a multi-franchise group and I must say that Ford are way behind in communications and strategies between dealer and manufacturer. If Ford Australia was human, it would be very sick.
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #42
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gadget what's your view on the GTF launch with regards to your previous post?

Have you found the information vacuum to be a burden or has it just not mattered because it's the last one ever? How hostile have some customers been about it all?
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #43
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

What is it costing Holden to stay in the top ten...............
http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...-1226914865119
Old 12-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #44
Forden Holford
Starter Motor

I don't know why they keep banging on about 2017 Commy being made in China. Holden scotched that months ago! The 2017 line up from Holden you will likely see it's Korean offerings dumped and replaced with Opel.

This means Corsa will be Barina again, return of Astra and for the Commy replacement it will either be slightly changed Opel Insignia or Chev Impala.

Holden have said they are looking into new models for 2017 working with GM and Opel and Chinese Commy is def out. This from the new head Honcho of Holden.

I do have an idea that just might save the Aussie car industry. Granted it would **** some people off as it would raise prices but my plan would be that if it isn't made here and is imported it must have 50% local content.

This would make both Holden and Ford more competitive with Falcon and Commy and reduce need for Gov assistance as importers would then either pull out or they would have to build factories here to put 50% local content in or buy components from local suppliers to bring it up to 50% local content and thus employ Aussies in process or keep Aussies in jobs. I realize that both Ford and Holden would have use local content for their imported line up too.

Ain't going to happen thought, Gov don't want to **** trading partners off and rather be shafted with one way free trade deals that benefit everyone but Australia.
Forden Holford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #45
BHDOGS
Banned

a holden with 50percent local content not possible it hasnt been australian anything in forever sure its slapped together here but so is juice when its mixed with aussie water its still imported bullshit tho.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2014, 11:54 PM   #46
Forden Holford
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
a holden with 50percent local content not possible it hasnt been australian anything in forever sure its slapped together here but so is juice when its mixed with aussie water its still imported bullshit tho.
Current VF is 50% local content and correct me if I'm wrong but Falcon is around 70% with many parts Chinese.

However that's neither here nor there. I'm not going to dump on one brand in favor of the other. I have moved passed that stage and support both Ford and Holden.

I think the time has come where we should put adversities aside and if possible try to save both makes as both represent Aussie history and both employee Aussies and keep component suppliers here in work too.

I'm all for the ribbing and bragging rights to Bathurst but that said.

I'd like to see both makes using more local content but as is both Ford and Holden face oblivion as manufactures and this is terrible shame.
Forden Holford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2014, 10:04 AM   #47
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
Gadget what's your view on the GTF launch with regards to your previous post?

Have you found the information vacuum to be a burden or has it just not mattered because it's the last one ever? How hostile have some customers been about it all?
About 500 cars short of not being an issue. I have unfortunately had quite a few loyal customers miss out. They are very ****ed to say the least. There are heaps of people that don't even know you cant order a stock F6 or a GT either. These people wont buy xr6t or xr8! They have the money to buy c63's but wont settle for anything but premium FPV's. As much as an XR8 and XR6T are great cars, they just wont settle for that. I think both Ford and its dealers have underestimated the demand not only of GT-F but GT and more so F6
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #48
XWGT