Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-05-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
zabatron

Default Crap Narva/Osram H4 headlight globes

Has anyone else experienced a short lifespan from the low beam filament inside these crap Narva(Osram Bi-Lux H4 globes,Made in Germany)....I have just replaced one of these again for @ the 10th time on my XR4(last globe lasted 3 months).The above globes are fitted to car from factory,but this time I have used the equivalent Tungsram/GE Hungary H4 globes on the advice of an interstate B double truck driver(Kenworth K200 I think he said), who stated that these globes are standard fitment to Kenworth trucks as they are the only brand that lasts in these heavy trucks.I had the same problems with Narva/Osram tail light globes constantly blowing in my EF Xr6 about 12 years ago,replaced with a Tungsram globe and the tail lights are still working 12 years later.Hopefully wont have to replace this globe again for a long time.And Narva/Osram know where they can stick their crap globes......

zabatron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
Swoopdown

Default Re: Crap Narva/Osram H4 headlight globes

Theres a few threads on this on many car forums. I have the Phillips xtreme ones from uk online seller and still working after 3 months. although i have bought the retrofit HID kit for my ST i havent installed them yet.

i had a similar issue with my corolla and ended up just returning to standard globes. you might consider returnin them to the seller if they dont last 12 months?
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #3
mac_man_luke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The high output globes do have a reduced life. Rated to 300hrs odd instead of 2000hrs+ of the standard globes.

Either put up and hope to get a good set or change to lower rated for higher life (good option would be extended life)
Old 11-05-2014, 01:07 AM   #4
zabatron

These Narva/Osram globes were exactly the same as what was fitted to car from factory(same brand,model and spec)...Ten blown globes in a relatively short period of time,plus constantly blown tail light globes of the same brand in the past,that was cured simply by changing brands of globes leads me to the logical conclusion that Narva/Osram globes are crap and not fit for their purpose...and not worth me wasting my money on in the future....Anyway will let you know how i go with the Tungsram globes.
zabatron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #5
raceteam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It could be that there is a charging system fault with your car - over voltage would cause a short lifespan on bulbs.
raceteam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2014, 07:34 AM   #6
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally use Phillips eXtremes and osram for my cars, no problem at all

Sent via HTC Velocity + [HolicsROM v1.3] [SWEEP2WAKE]
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post