Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #91
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: Ah, Queensland...sunny one day, fascist police state the next...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
well youre not so bright if you cant work it out

you do know that more often than not, they do know who you are, where you live etc before you are actually pulled over dont you

any notes from the stop will be logged on SCMODS

make their job hard, they will make your life harder

true story
So your saying because he had attitude or whatever you want to call it....they pulled him over 21 times just to make his life harder. Wow sounds like great police work there. who cares how they do or log what....they act like idiots and abuse their power then they should cop some flack back. I respect the law 100% but not rubbish like this
Old 13-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #92
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Now I can understand the attitude of the police in QLD, the bike rider was nothing but a smart *** who shows no respect for authority, if he did he might have got some back.
This thread is full of people ignorant of the facts in this situation. Really.....6 police cars...8-12 officers. One Harley rider who was pulled over for the 21st time in 18 months of bike ownership and not ticketed once. He didn't start the video till it all went stupid on the polices behalf. What's wrong with people
Do you all see that as acceptable just because you say he had attitude.???

I've been pulled over in morning peak hr traffic for a random breath test...on a highway, in a work zone.....with only a worksite entrance for room to pull over. This resulted in a huge line a tipper trucks lining up down the highway causing what I'd suggest a pretty dam dangerous situation. Oh it was on a bend aswell.

Now what I want to know from all you guys is HOW MANY POLICE should have been there for that little incident???
I had attitude because of the danger.....a few truck drivers had time to walk up angrily asking what was going on.......so maybe SWAT should have been called.
Old 13-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #93
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
So your saying because he had attitude or whatever you want to call it....they pulled him over 21 times just to make his life harder. Wow sounds like great police work there. who cares how they do or log what....they act like idiots and abuse their power then they should cop some flack back. I respect the law 100% but not rubbish like this
go back and read the last page
Old 13-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #94
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I've already had my say in the other thread but this has more visibility so I will post the link here.

Conference regarding the incident from the police themselves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfvW4_2Rxaw
You may have to spell out your point beige as I've read the whole thread.....as well as the police video here which clearly shows the whole thing as a big waste of effort for nothing.
If you can justify to me why they need 12ish officers for 1 rider who wasn't even seen breaking the law or suspected of something(like carrying 100pounds of c4) then I'll be happy.
The bikie laws are 100% fine. But 21-0 and 12 to1 are odds that don't add up. That's the joke here!
Old 13-01-2014, 08:14 PM   #95
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cant wait to see if they pull up everyone wearing a hijab incase they are terrorists,that will never happen cause all the civil libs will b crying racism but this is allowed to happen if u are wearing a leather jacket and ride a harley
Old 13-01-2014, 08:14 PM   #96
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You may have to spell out your point beige as I've read the whole thread.....as well as the police video here which clearly shows the whole thing as a big waste of effort for nothing.
If you can justify to me why they need 12ish officers for 1 rider who wasn't even seen breaking the law or suspected of something(like carrying 100pounds of c4) then I'll be happy.
The bikie laws are 100% fine. But 21-0 and 12 to1 are odds that don't add up. That's the joke here!
cliffs

po po are cracking da poo poo with bikies

old mate likes playing dress ups and dressing like a bikie

po po pull old mate up because he looks like a bikie

old mate pulls attitude with po po

po po called more po po

cheers
3 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #97
jamies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Does that make it alright to racial profile because they don't complain about it?

It didn't start off with executions, it started off with identification, looks like a whole lot of identification going on to me, first its the bikers, then its the car enthusiasts, then its the union protests etc.

Meh, thats in QLD and you QLD residents voted for them, its up to you guys if you want to change it.
Ha ha and your point ?
Old 13-01-2014, 08:21 PM   #98
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
This thread is full of people ignorant of the facts in this situation. Really.....6 police cars...8-12 officers. One Harley rider who was pulled over for the 21st time in 18 months of bike ownership and not ticketed once. He didn't start the video till it all went stupid on the polices behalf. What's wrong with people
Do you all see that as acceptable just because you say he had attitude.???

I've been pulled over in morning peak hr traffic for a random breath test...on a highway, in a work zone.....with only a worksite entrance for room to pull over. This resulted in a huge line a tipper trucks lining up down the highway causing what I'd suggest a pretty dam dangerous situation. Oh it was on a bend aswell.

Now what I want to know from all you guys is HOW MANY POLICE should have been there for that little incident???
I had attitude because of the danger.....a few truck drivers had time to walk up angrily asking what was going on.......so maybe SWAT should have been called.
They were ****ing him off & if you can't work out why you never will.
Old 13-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #99
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
cliffs

po po called more po po

cheers
I don't think that goes far enough...How about all those people who "play dress up" by modifying their cars to look just like the hoons do. Maybe the "po po" should crack down hard on all them too.

That's the biggest load, the comments I have seen on various websites and comments about how if you dress in leather you are "playing dress up like a bikie" and "deserve everything you get". Nearly ALL motorcyclists wear leather jackets or vests, a lot of them have patches or name badges or the club insignia on them too. They're not trying to "look like bikies"...they are bikies (bikers, whatever), all of us who ride are. Some bikies are law breakers...and there are already laws in place to deal with them...we didn't need the new ones, apart from being a way to make police work easier by doing away with all that pesky evidence gathering and long investigations...so much easier when you can lock someone up just for who they are, not what they may have done.
With cars, you can wear what you like, there's no rules, there's no one style. However, if you ride a bike and value your skin, you have very little choice and you will usually end up with a basic "look"...that being jeans, boots/shoes, leather vest or jacket, and a helmet, sometimes gloves too. You aren't "playing dress up", you're wearing the appropriate safety gear for the vehicle you are using.

If the police can legitimately victimise someone now just for the style of clothes they are wearing and use that as an excuse to pull people up and crawl up their backside with a magnifying glass to start examining their life, then that's yet another step along the stereotypical slippery slope...

As for "numbers" present at that incident. If it was one copper asking for a licence check and asking the questions, no one would complain much. If it was eight or ten coppers pulling over ten or twenty blokes on bikes to do checks, again, it's appropriate, as you want it over and done with quickly, so you need the numbers.
But eight or ten cops with ONE guy, asking the same questions over and over again...? No. Just...no.
Old 13-01-2014, 08:25 PM   #100
Trump
bitch lasagne

Question time:

Is government the solution or is government the problem?
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 08:25 PM   #101
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
cliffs

po po called more po po

cheers
I'm trying really hard to understand your points.....but are you still suggesting attitude deserves 12 police, that were incidently there within 5 mins, before they even ran his licsense.
And he wasn't dressing like a bikie....he is a bikie omg. Are you one of these people who think all afghanis are terrorists too.
This user likes this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 08:31 PM   #102
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Doesn't really matter the size of the bike or the weather either...you're going to have to wear "the outfit" if you want to help save your skin.
I wear the same outfit no matter how big a bike I'm riding...as you can see here...the other guys just off-screen were laughing with me, not at me...at least that's what they said...

Old 13-01-2014, 08:31 PM   #103
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
I don't think that goes far enough...How about all those people who "play dress up" by modifying their cars to look just like the hoons do. Maybe the "po po" should crack down hard on all them too.

That's the biggest load, the comments I have seen on various websites and comments about how if you dress in leather you are "playing dress up like a bikie" and "deserve everything you get". Nearly ALL motorcyclists wear leather jackets or vests, a lot of them have patches or name badges or the club insignia on them too. They're not trying to "look like bikies"...they are bikies (bikers, whatever), all of us who ride are. Some bikies are law breakers...and there are already laws in place to deal with them...we didn't need the new ones, apart from being a way to make police work easier by doing away with all that pesky evidence gathering and long investigations...so much easier when you can lock someone up just for who they are, not what they may have done.
With cars, you can wear what you like, there's no rules, there's no one style. However, if you ride a bike and value your skin, you will usually end up with a basic "look"...that being jeans, boots/shoes, leather vest or jacket, and a helmet, sometimes gloves too. You aren't "playing dress up", you're wearing the appropriate safety gear for the vehicle you are using.

If the police can legitimately victimise someone now just for the style of clothes they are wearing and use that as an excuse to pull people up and crawl up their backside with a magnifying glass to start examining their life, then that's yet another step along the stereotypical slippery slope...
well if you had half a brain you would modify your choice of clothing for a little bit and let the initial bs blow over.... ey

po po are targeting dudes with pink wheels

i'll slap my purple wheels on and giggle like a little fat ****

not hard
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #104
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
well if you had half a brain you would modify your choice of clothing for a little bit and let the initial bs blow over.... ey

not hard
So what you're saying in essence is that we have the right to put up with unjust harassment and profiling based on an agenda of total BS wrapped in the cover of "public order and safety"?

What we do have is the right of freedom of expression. Any law that contravenes self evident rights is not a law in my opinion. The fact that there are dissenting voices in the rank and file of the police force is a sure sign of that.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #105
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

not hard
Sorry...but it is hard.
People who don't ride wouldn't care I suppose...but you can actually be questioned if you aren't wearing your "dress up outfit". Police will actually recommend that you wear safety gear like leathers if you happen to be riding along in a short sleeved shirt and thongs or something.
As I said, you have little choice in what you wear on a bike if you want to be safe...and most of it is black.
This user likes this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 08:44 PM   #106
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Sorry...but it is hard.
People who don't ride wouldn't care I suppose...but you can actually be questioned if you aren't wearing your "dress up outfit". Police will actually recommend that you wear safety gear like leathers if you happen to be riding along in a short sleeved shirt and thongs or something.
As I said, you have little choice in what you wear on a bike if you want to be safe...and most of it is black.

there is nothing wrong with your jacket, its safe and sans po po upsetting markings

however

you should be gaoled ten years for that haircut
8 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #107
BF-2K7

Seems to me that everyone is soo sure of their rights , but take no responsibilty for their own actions.

You know better, so do better!
Old 13-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #108
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

We are done here, a lot of passionate view points but it's looks like we will have agree to disagree
Closed

Last edited by AU1XLS; 14-01-2014 at 03:24 PM.
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread